Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Around the Country, Season 2019 Edition

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Jabes0623 said:
    Once again proving the committee got it completely wrong. ND nor OU belonged in the playoff.
    Who did? IMO Michigan at #7? Georgia who already lost to bama a week before in a play in game... or Ohio State who got plowed by Purdue by 30 and almost lost to Maryland and had one complete game all year vs Michigan? 

UCF deserved it more than OSU.

Like it or not the teams that "earned it" by doing what they had to do are in it. This is just a show of why CFB needs to reform something cause in the days of nationwide recruiting were in a era or 2 or 3 schools being just that Much better....

and its only getting better... Bama had 9 5 star recruits in 2019 and the highest recruiting class in history... What we gonna be saying in 2022 when bama is playing in their 8th straight playoff with a  74-1 record in the last 6 years and 5 national titles. And when I said 2 or 3 OSU was Zach Smith not getting caught beating his wife away from OSU joining that Bama/Clemson/OSU... Now with Urban out and the negative press there is a window to stop OSU from that. 

Not that it matters being Bama's Bridesmade ever year just ask Clemson.
  • So it should of been Bama vs. Ohio State and Clemson vs. Georgia. 
  • I already told you who the 4 best teams are. 

No no one wanted to see Georgia v Bama 2 & the committee penalized OSU for not giving a shit for about half the season. 

But if you, or anyone, thinks the 4 best teams got in the playoff you need to find a new hobby because you don’t know shit about football.
  • edited December 2018
    Jabes0623 said:
    I already told you who the 4 best teams are. 

No no one wanted to see Georgia v Bama 2 & the committee penalized OSU for not giving a shit for about half the season. 

But if you, or anyone, thinks the 4 best teams got in the playoff you need to find a new hobby because you don’t know shit about football.
    Best 4 teams were 
    Bama
    Clemson
    Georgia
    Oklahoma.

Bama would do the same thing to OSU

Some vegas guy did a metric at week 10

Bama was favored vs EVERY team in the top 10 by atleast 14 points Other than 3..

Clemson by 4.
    Georgia by 8 I think
    Michigan by 10 (When our D was giving up 215 Yards a game and was #1 by 40 yards on pace for Historic levels before Indiana/OSU/Florida)

Think the rest were 

UCF by 28
    Notre Dame by 20.5
    OSU by 16
    Oklahoma by 14

BAMA IS JUST THAT MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE
  • Dude, you're like my kids… You have an apology and an answer to justify everything… 

Go Blue!!
  • edited December 2018
    Dude, you're like my kids… You have an apology and an answer to justify everything… 

Go Blue!!
    Heres my answer it don't matter who wins the big 10 title or any other conference title.

Bama will win the 2019 2020 and 2021 National Titles. because you can't play vs a team with 27 5 star players on their roster and expect to play manball or any ball vs them. Bama's recruiting class in 2019 was the best class in the history of recorded Recruiting... and unless something is done to find a way to limit talent to one school will continue..

Bama is gonna beat Clemson Next week by 14. Were all just playing for 2nd place.

Expect around 2021 they will start looking at ways of shifting talent. I'd like 4 year GUARANTEED scholarships that count against a school for 4 years and if a kid leaves early or transfers can only be given to a walkon within that 4 years as a starting point.

Would stop these 3 year Factories.
  • Dude, you're like my kids… You have an apology and an answer to justify everything… 

Go Blue!!
    Ha ha!  Exactly.  You need to start checking ID Scottsdale.  Must be 18 to enter this forum.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    I already told you who the 4 best teams are. 

You are 100% correct.  The proof (if anybody needed it and apparently some do) was today.
  • Goblue88 said:
    Jabes0623 said:
    ND getting the beating everyone knew they would. 

The real 4 best teams in the country playoff...

Bama vs OSU

Clemson vs Georgia

Oklahoma would beat OSU by 20.

and Oklahoma is gonna put up 35 on Bama tonight.

Bama 49 Oklahoma 35.

Bama 45 Oklahoma 34 I was off by 1 Point. Oklahoma still shown they were top 4 in the nation.
  • Lmao 3/4 of this game was garbage time. Bama clearly took their foot off the gas at 28-0. They could’ve rolled OU by 60 if they wanted to. 

I will give a tip of the cap to OU for not quitting. But pretending that that game was ever in doubt because of the final score is laughable.

And though I have no doubt the final score would’ve been very similar there’s no doubt in my mind OSU would’ve made it a much more competitive game than OU was able to. 

But at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. It has been apparent since August that the 2 best teams in the country are Bama & Clemson. Hopefully their meeting in the National Championship game will be an instant classic & make-up for the horrid games that were the national semis.

• Alabama absolutely toyed with OU and that game was over in the 1st quarter.  OSU has an offense that's every bit as good as OU (or better) and they can play defense, something OU has apparently never heard of.  And they have a coach who knows something about coaching big games (unlike us.)  There is no question OSU should have been in this game-at least it would have been competitive.  What should have been a great day of college football turned out to be like just another Saturday in September. 
  • I’ll admit, I watched wave after wave of DL talent on the Bama and Clemson teams and clearly realized Michigan is light years behind those programs.  Those two programs own the line.  Amazing abundance of talent.

• edited December 2018
  • Goblue88 said:
    . wrong thread
    Did Phil or SDB christen you keeper?  This isn’t the wrong thread.  I was commenting on the observation of the talent Bama and Clemson have at d-line.  Sure nothing new to most every one, except that hard reality keeps getting lost.
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    Goblue88 said:
    . wrong thread
    Did Phil or SDB christen you keeper?  This isn’t the wrong thread.  I was commenting on the observation of the talent Bama and Clemson have at d-line.  Sure nothing new to most every one, except that hard reality keeps getting lost.
    I think 88 means he posted in the wrong thread and since you can't delete posts he just noted it was the wrong thread. You see he edited the post, which makes the above scenario likely.
  • edited December 2018
    Gr8Mckay said:
    Goblue88 said:
    . wrong thread
    We don't have a delete function on this forums since like 2013 when we went to this new forum. I was making the post about Manny Diaz and Brown and decided to make its own thread since we have literally cluttered every post in the last 2 months into the same 2 threads. But since you can only Edit posts instead of Deleting them I put ... Wrong thread and made the post in its own forum...

It was in no way towards you or any post. It was towards this shitty forum software that doesn't have a delete function.
  • Sorry... I guess I’m carrying more bitterness from the loss than I thought.  
    Cheers to a Happy New Year!  Go Blue!
  • Nice win by Iowa today.

Penn St. Looks like crap against Kentucky. Down 20-7.

OSU and Washington in the Rose Bowl later.

Go Blue!!
  • Franklin mismanaging the end of thier game.

Go Blue!!
  • I wonder if this 15 year long run of shitty football would hurt as bad if I didn’t have to watch our most bitter rival enjoy such tremendous success at the same time?

The Rose Bowl is such a wonderful game to watch. The stadium, the field, the backdrop it’s just spectacular. If only it was the Wolverines & not the Buckeyes waxing some PAC 12 ass. 

A guy can dream...
  • Washington putting up a fight in the second half. OSU is rolling over.

Go Blue!!
  • UGA getting taken behind the woodshed by Texas.

Go Blue!!
  • This UGA Texas game is going exactly how I thought it would. Just the wrong teams winning.
  • This is what happens with an uninterested UGA team.

Go Blue!!
  • UGA pulling a Michigan. Getting embarrassed by the Horns & their normally putrid rushing attack. PSU & UGA killing my bowl challenge! 
  • Brian Kelly to the Tampa Bay Bucs?

Go Blue!!
  • Brian Kelly to the Tampa Bay Bucs?

Go Blue!!
    Probably his people getting him a raise.