UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Favorite Current UM Player?

Work is sorta on auto-pilot for the day (or week), and I just want the season to start already, so let's have it--who is your favorite player currently on the roster?

Overall (& Defense): Devin Bush
Offense: Zack Gentry (for now)

Heading into last season, it was Chris Evans, and I assumed he was poised to make a huge impact as the #1 RB, but he was maddeningly inconsistent last year and always seems to start slow every game. It will be interesting to see if I feel the same way about my above picks after the bowl game in January '19.

Comments

• edited August 29
  • Bush and no one really stands out on offense. I’ll say Patterson because so much if this season relays on him. 
  • On Defense 
    Winovich.  Love the way he plays, and the seemingly endless motor he has.

On Offense
    Simply not having O’Korn on the depth chart.  I can’t recall a player that frustrated me more.  
  • Hudson, kid is going to be a wrecking ball this season.

Offense is a little more difficult to pick but I’ll go with Higdon. Give the senior a little love & I believe he’s going to be our first 1,000 yard back since Fitz Toussaint in ‘11(?). 
  • Hudson on D. Offense  hmmm...

• Jabes0623 said:
    Hudson, kid is going to be a wrecking ball this season.

Offense is a little more difficult to pick but I’ll go with Higdon. Give the senior a little love & I believe he’s going to be our first 1,000 yard back since Fitz Toussaint in ‘11(?). 
    Yep, these would be my choices.  I love Bush and everything he does (who doesn't?) but Hudson could be scary good.  And I like the way Higdon plays the game.  He runs hard, can block, and doesn't mope or complain having to split time with Evans.  He's definitely on the cusp of a 1,000 yard season.
  • Hmmm Jabes and TK agreeing on something???  This may be a special season. LOL!
  • Hmmm Jabes and TK agreeing on something???  This may be a special season. LOL!
    LOL!  Football brings us all together!

Funny thing is, defense tough to choose because there are so many effing choices (Gary, Winovich, Bush or Hudson for starters) and offense is tough to choose because there are so many unknowns?!  

I'm going to go with Gary on defense.  Opposing offensive lines will have to pick their poison as to who to double team if they even try it.  I think we could see big things from both DE's this season.  And Bush and Hudson could be beneficiaries as they can wreak havoc on blitzes!!!

On offense, I have to go with Higdon.  Kid earned respect from me for coming back for one more season seeing how special this team has the potential of being!  I think it's a lock that he gets 1000 yards this season if he stays healthy!!!
  • zjgm02 said:
    Work is sorta on auto-pilot for the day (or week), and I just want the season to start already, 

I'm having a slow week at work making this week even longer than it was already going to be because of the anticipation of game week?!?!  Funny thing is my daughter commented last night at dinner that she couldn't believe how fast the week was going for her.  I was like, It's only WEDNESDAY?!?!  And she was like, I know, only two more days left!  Glad she feels it's going fast I guess...