UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Fall Camp start today, Aug 3 - SEASON STATS

Comments

• Michigan stats thru 8 weeks:

DEFENSE:

Total D - #1 (222)
    Yards per play - #1 (3.71)
    Rush D - #7 (97.13)
    Pass D - #1 (122.8)
    Pass D Rating - #1 (90.88)
    Scoring D - #6 (14.4)
    TFL - #10 (7.63)
    Sacks - #10 (3)
    Time of Possession - #7 (34:17)

Go Blue!!
  • #1 Pass D. and on nov 24th we play against a team that threw 79 times in a loss to Purdue. 

lets hope Rashan is healthy.
  • Should be an announcement over the next couple days on kickoff time for the PSU game. Night game?
  • Looking at many posters' opinions in the summer, and after the ND game, and given the relative youth all over the field, and the tough road schedule (that's a lot of qualifiers), Michigan is over-performing a little and may be one year ahead of schedule. Almost everyone is back next year and ND, Sparty and Bucknutz all have to travel to AA.

Still lots of football to be played. PSU is a more-talented version of Sparty, with a MUCH better QB, if a slightly weaker Defense and worse coaching. UM has had its hands full with Indy more often than not during JH's tenure, and this team will get tOSU's best no matter the circumstances. Let's watch the team reach 8-1 and then take a peek towards the match-up after Thanksgiving.

• zjgm02 said:
    Looking at many posters' opinions in the summer, and after the ND game, and given the relative youth all over the field, and the tough road schedule (that's a lot of qualifiers), Michigan is over-performing a little and may be one year ahead of schedule. Almost everyone is back next year and ND, Sparty and Bucknutz all have to travel to AA.

Still lots of football to be played. PSU is a more-talented version of Sparty, with a MUCH better QB, if a slightly weaker Defense and worse coaching. UM has had its hands full with Indy more often than not during JH's tenure, and this team will get tOSU's best no matter the circumstances. Let's watch the team reach 8-1 and then take a peek towards the match-up after Thanksgiving.

almost everyone is back???

Chase Patterson and Rashan are all on NFL boards as top 2 round picks.
  • edited October 2018
    He did say almost everyone. And McCaffrey has looked pretty solid in the action we have seen. And Gary-great player no doubt-but Uche has filled in Nicely. 
  • Bummer, I was hoping for a night game if for no other reason than to mess with PSU's heads.

Is there an internal policy with the AD to limit the number of night games per season? I vaguely remember reading something to that effect in the past.
  • More than likely, it's television that dictates if a game gets moved to night.
  • Her some great games on Saturday, 11/3:
    1 Alabama @ 4 LSU

3 Notre Dame @ Northwestern
    17 Penn State @ 5 Michigan

13 West Virginia @ 6 Texas

7 Georgia @ 12 Kentucky

24 Stanford @ 15 Washington

Go Blue!!
  • Goblue88 said:
    almost everyone is back???

Chase Patterson and Rashan are all on NFL boards as top 2 round picks.
    The only impact guys leaving for sure are Chase, Higdon, Brandon Watson and Kinnel. Everyone else is conjecture at this point.

There is a case to be made for Patterson coming back for another season (Baker Mayfield), especially if the team gets really close, but comes up a bit short.

Uche could be a faster version of Winovich at about the same size, with this season as a pass rusher under his belt.  Pass rushing is how Chase spent his RS sophomore season.

Does Gary's draft stock fall with him missing time? Or does he get while he's still relatively healthy? Who knows. The team would miss him, but they have Paye and some young guys champing at the bit for PT.

Bush runs the D and he's back. Some good interior D-Line are back, while promising young guys will be a year older. The best guys on the O-Line are back, with promising guys a year older. All the WRs are back, save for Perry. All the TEs are back unless Gentry rolls the dice which would be unwise with his lack of blocking and yards after catch.

The D will definitely miss Brandon Watson, Kinnel and Gary if he declares, and Higdon is a big loss, but the cupboard is stocked.
  • I just don’t see Bush coming back, but I’m selfishly hoping he will.  
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    I just don’t see Bush coming back, but I’m selfishly hoping he will.  
    He's small for a pro LB, and his dad works for the program, so there's two reasons he should come back.
  • zjgm02 said:
    Gr8Mckay said:
    I just don’t see Bush coming back, but I’m selfishly hoping he will.  
    He's small for a pro LB, and his dad works for the program, so there's two reasons he should come back.

Here is the biggest reason why he goes Pro…

Go Blue!!

• Here is the biggest reason why he goes Pro…

Go Blue!!
    Yeah, yeah, but is he a first rounder at 5-11, this year? Does another year of development and throwing QBs to the turf and running one of the best Ds in the country help his case for the first round in 2020? His old man played in the league, so he isn't some poor kid who needs to cash in and take care of his whole family.

All that said, I do wonder if the reason this team has two junior captains is because the players expects both to declare for 2019. If they do, then we start to approach the welcome sign for Fvcksville.
  • I planned a trip for this weekend a couple months ago because of the bye, but at the same time I'll miss not having a game to throw myself into on Saturday. So happy with the way this team is playing right now.
  • Good time to heal up.  They have a 4 game season ahead that will challenge everything they’ve hoped to accomplish this year.
    They control their destiny... can’t ask for more than that.  
  • I haven't seen where Bush is projecting in the NFL draft, but I would be shocked if he wasn't taken somewhere in the 1st round if he chose to go pro after this season.  He's being hyped by everyone nationally to be the best LB in the country.  He may be lacking in the height dept, but you can't coach speed and he has that in spades!

Selfishly, I hope z is right and he does come back, but I'm not counting on it!
  • I don’t think he will be a 1st rounder simply because the NFL is all about the measurables. They will say he is too small to be a first rounder. 
  • I remember Bush being interviewed in camp about which lesser-known player in the two-deep front seven was going to surprise people this season. Emphatically, he said: "Josh Uche." Was he ever right.
  • Uche is an absolute beast.  Is he better than Gary?  Might be.  Dude is explosive and super quick. It's pretty damn scary the way these guys are playing.
  • Also Uche does not get double teamed like Gary.
  • I'm obviously pleased with the way Patterson leads the offense. He's smart, poised and elusive. As far as him declaring early, wouldn't pro teams have a lot to say about his deep ball? The TD pass to DPJ was beautiful, but it was more mid-range while rolling out, and the would-be TD to Black was perfect, but he also consistently underthrows the deep ball in the middle of the field, which would be a huge liability against DBs on Sundays. It's happened several times to Collins this season, including yesterday, and he underthrew DPJ in the end zone yesterday, almost getting picked.
  • I am also VERY pleased with his play.  However that one play where he rolled to his right and then started to run toward the LOS and finally tossed it laterally to Evans was a mind blower.  Just glad the wife was away cause every word in the cussing dictionary came screaming out of my mouth!!!!
  • edited November 2018
    So UM just went 3-0 in a 3-game stretch that most would have been happy with 2-1 at the beginning of the season. I was looking at future schedules and while a lot can happen to programs in a couple years, UM faces the same three teams in a row without a bye in mix during the 2020 season, starting with home games against Wisconsin and PennSt on 9/26/2020 and 10/3/2020, and finishing up in East Lansing on 10/10/20. That's insane. 

Another odd quirk is that Sparty doesn't come to the Big House next year until November 16th, which immediately follows a Michigan bye week. UM hosts Sparty, visits Indy and hosts tOSU in a three-game stretch to close next regular season. They also play at Happy Valley and host the Domers immediately before the bye, so that is a rough stretch of 5 games in 6 weeks.
  • Yeah Michigan has gotten screwed by the schedule makers. And this has been going on for years. I hope Ward would rise holy hell about it. 
  • I saw a note from someone yesterday that the Indy game will kick at noon or 3:30, but it still hasn't been devided yet.
    It was a 3:30 game with O'Korn under center in less than ideal weather conditions the last time the Hoosiers visited. Thank christ for that HUGE run by De'Veon.