UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Coaches Poll & AP Poll

Preseason Coaches Poll

1 ALA
2 CLEM
3 OSU
4 UGA
5 OKLA
6 WASH
7 WIS
8 MIAMI
9 PSU
10 AUB
11 ND
12 MSU
13 STAN
14 MICH
15 USC
16 TCU
17 VT
18 MSST
19 FSU
20 WVU
21 TEX
22 BSU
23 UCF
24 LSU
25 OKST

Go Blue!!

Comments

• Wish I could see it.  Instead, I get the Stanza pop up.  SMH.
  • In 1997… Michigan opened the season ranked #14 and Notre Dame opened the season ranked #11.

Just sayin....

Go Blue!!
  • Look at the Big Ten East. Toughest division in college football. 
  • We play half of our games against teams that won double-digit games last season, have 5 games against Preseason top-12 teams (3 of which come on the road) and we also have to play at Northwestern.

Go Blue!!
  • I like where we are; high enough to be special with success, and even with a stumble, depending on whom and when. It is put-up-or-shut-up time for JH in Year 4, but taking the bowl loss hard has been the motivation that I expressed that it should be. Guys leaving the program have been the lesser competitors. The Darwinian nature of the Harbaugh culture is designed to retain the best; the strongest and smartest. It is time for those who stay to do what they have been known to do on Michigan teams past; be champions.
  • Week 7 AP poll is out:

1. Alabama
    2. Georgia 
    3. Ohio State 
    4. Clemson
    5. Notre Dame 
    6. West Virginia
    7. Washington
    8. Penn State
    9. Texas 
    10. UCF
    11. Oklahoma
    12. MICHIGAN 

Go Blue!!
  • Gotta love the Coaches Poll. 1-loss Oklahoma is still ranked ahead of the 1-loss Texas team who beat them on a neutral field last Saturday. Same deal with LSU ranked ahead of Florida.
  • edited October 9
    I don't agree with 1 loss teams being ranked ahead of us that had worse losses than us.  Our only loss was to #5 ND in South Bend.  Udub lost to now 2 loss Auburn who was in the top 10 at the time but are now clinging to stay in the top 25?!  Texas lost to Maryland who we just beat by 21 points although it shouldn't have even been that close?!?!  

Hopefully once the real poll comes out for the CFP, it will take some of those things into account.  Also, maybe winning against a quality opponent like if they are able to beat Wisky this weekend will help also...
  • MGoBrew said:
    I don't agree with 1 loss teams being ranked ahead of us that had worse losses than us.  Our only loss was to #5 ND in South Bend and arguably .  Udub lost to now 2 loss Auburn who was in the top 10 at the time but are now clinging to stay in the top 25?!  Texas lost to Maryland who we just beat by 21 points although it shouldn't have even been that close?!?!  

Hopefully once the real poll comes out for the CFP, it will take some of those things into account.  Also, maybe winning against a quality opponent like if they are able to beat Wisky this weekend will help also...
    The first set of CFP rankings come out on Tuesday, 10/30 so we have two more games to impress the committee as we have a bye the weekend before the release of the first set of rankings.

Go Blue!!
  • 4 top 10 teams lost this week so it should be interesting to see how things shake out. I'm guessing Texas will be way overrated…

Go Blue!!
  • 4 top 10 teams lost this week so it should be interesting to see how things shake out. I'm guessing Texas will be way overrated…

Go Blue!!
    Even though their ranking had everything to do with pre-season polls, and they haven't beaten any good teams, I bet Georgia doesn't fall much either.
  • Coaches Poll:

1 Alabama 7-0
    2 Ohio State 7-0
    3 Clemson 6-0
    4 Notre Dame 7-0
    5 Louisiana State 6-1
    6 Georgia 6-1
    7 Michigan 6-1
    8 Texas 6-1
    9 Central Florida 6-0
    10 Oklahoma 5-1
    11 Oregon 5-1
    12 Florida 6-1
    13 West Virginia 5-1
    14 Washington 5-2
    15 NC State 5-0
    16 Penn State 4-2
    17 Kentucky 5-1
    18 Texas A&M 5-2
    19 Wisconsin 4-2
    20 South Florida 6-0
    21 Cincinnati 6-0
    22 Iowa 5-1
    23 Washington State 5-1
    24 Stanford 4-2
    25 Colorado 5-1

Go Blue!!
  • edited October 14
    I may get flack for saying this but i'm not suprised they didn't put MSU into the top 25... MSU still didn't look like a top 25 team last night.

The fact PSU didn't drop out is the shocker... a loss at home they looked clueless half the game. and according to most reporters coming out of the NW game MSU is simply not a good football team. They just beat a worse coached PSU team yesterday.
  • edited October 14
    On a side not why is the week 8 game thread not up yet. Hate week started as soon as the clock hit 0 on wisc :)
  • AP Poll:

1 Alabama
    2 Ohio State
    3 Clemson
    4 Notre Dame
    5 LSU
    6 Michigan
    7 Texas
    8 Georgia
    9 Oklahoma
    10 UCF
    11 Florida
    12 Oregon
    13 West Virginia
    14 Kentucky
    15 Washington
    16 North Carolina State
    17 Texas A&M
    18 Penn State
    19 Iowa
    20 Cincinnati
    21 South Florida
    22 Mississippi State
    23 Wisconsin
    24 Michigan State
    25 Washington State

Go Blue!!
  • AP Poll:

1 Alabama
    2 Ohio State
    3 Clemson
    4 Notre Dame
    5 LSU
    6 Michigan
    7 Texas
    8 Georgia
    9 Oklahoma
    10 UCF
    11 Florida
    12 Oregon
    13 West Virginia
    14 Kentucky
    15 Washington
    16 North Carolina State
    17 Texas A&M
    18 Penn State
    19 Iowa
    20 Cincinnati
    21 South Florida
    22 Mississippi State
    23 Wisconsin
    24 Michigan State
    25 Washington State

Go Blue!!
    #6 @ #24.. can notch another top 25 win onto our resume if we pull it off... 

would love to go into Columbus like #4 Michigan vs #2 OSU or something
  • We can officially end the 17 game skid.
  • We can officially end the 17 game skid.
    I was actually pulling for Sharty to win yesterday because I was hoping a win would get them back in the top 25 and give us a chance to end that freaking streak!!!  Revenge tour moves on to East Landfill and we can add ending that horrid streak of losing to ranked teams on the road all in one!!!

BEAT STATE!!!
  • Michigan #5 in both polls.

First CFP is Tuesday, 10/30.

Go Blue!!
  • Bama, LSU, Michigan all have a bye this weekend.  
    ND plays at Navy.
    Clemson plays at Florida St.  

If they both win... Not that it matters much now, but I wonder if Michigan will be at 5 in the ranking.  
  • OSU #11, really? Should have dropped to at least #15. They always keep them hanging around higher than what they should be.
  • OSU #11, really? Should have dropped to at least #15. They always keep them hanging around higher than what they should be.
    Coaches have them in the top 10.  They’re still good, but even if they run the table... the blowout loss (like Iowa last year) is going to loom large.  They need Bama to beat LSU and Georgia, and Oklahoma and ND to stumble a bit.

Hopefully the Maize and Blue continues winning and finds its way into that early December selection debate.
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    Coaches have them in the top 10.  They’re still good, but even if they run the table... the blowout loss (like Iowa last year) is going to loom large.  They need Bama to beat LSU and Georgia, and Oklahoma and ND to stumble a bit.
    Funny you mention OU. The same could be said of them as tOSU, but moreso. They have faced one ranked team this year, Texas, and they lost. They have no defense and, like tOSU, the only reason they are still as high as they are is because of their (inflated) pre-season ranking, which is based on smoke and mirrors (and reputation) anyway. Of the 1-loss teams, Michigan has the "best" loss, to a now top-5 team, and LSU has the "best" win, against then #2 UGA. If we're digging deep, UGA's pre-season ranking was inflated as well. Their best win is at #24 South Carolina, but then LSU drilled them. The Dawgs likely get a boost in the polls when they inevitably beat up an over-ranked Gator team next week.

The whole system is a house of cards the deeper you dig.
  • edited October 22
    November ought to be very interesting.

Bama & LSU play so there’s a guaranteed top 4 loss. Bama losing to LSU & then Bama, LSU, Clemson & ND winning out is the worst case scenario for us. It would be very hard for us to jump a 1 loss Bama. 

It’s almost surreal even considering this it’s been so long. 
  • It may end up coming down to that 13th data point, and whether a mythical ND-UM rematch would have Michigan on top. Would the committee choose a 12-1 B1G Champ Michigan over a 11-1 ND? I see this as being a lynchpin scenario. If the committee goes with Michigan, it should be the end of Irish independence. Personally, I would love playoff redemption vs ND, at Jerryworld.