UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

2018 Michigan Football Season

Some game times were announced today.  The annual tOSU ass-kicking is slated for noon.

Comments

• BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! forever and ever BOOOOO that the Ohio State game is always noon. Push it to at least 3:30 people. 
  • BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! forever and ever BOOOOO that the Ohio State game is always noon. Push it to at least 3:30 people. 
    Notre Dame plays at USC that day so I'm guessing Fox wants to have Michigan/Ohio St. as the early game and Notre Dame/USC as the early afternoon game with UCLA/Stanford as the night game…

Go Blue!!
  • Stop coming at me with reason and facts. 
  • Harbaugh said 2 players have left the program, but wouldn’t comment on which 2.

Go Blue!!
  • Harbaugh said 2 players have left the program, but wouldn’t comment on which 2.

Go Blue!!
    Reportedly, Kekoa Crawford and Kareem Walker are transferring.

Go Blue!!
  • That's the best news I heard today. Crawford has alligator arms and Walker can't find a hole to save his life. Buh Bye now.
  • Reportedly, Kekoa Crawford and Kareem Walker are transferring.

Go Blue!!
    They'll be fine without Crawford, but I really wanted to see what Walker could do if healthy and given some meaningful reps.  Of all the spots to lose someone, RB isn't bad; it's almost as deep a position group as TE. 
  • Deep Blue said:
    That's the best news I heard today. Crawford has alligator arms and Walker can't find a hole to save his life. Buh Bye now.
    The kid had what? 13 carries his Michigan career? And from that you have decided that he can’t find a hole to save his life? Come on, just wish him the best and be done. 

Im disappointed we didn’t get to see a larger sample size. 
  • I wouldn’t want to run behind the Michigan O-line either Kareem. Best of luck.

When was the last time Michigan had a real RB? 
  • Jabes0623 said:

When was the last time Michigan had a real RB? 
    Mike Hart?
  • Does the curse of Mike Hart negate his on field accomplishments? 

Either way yes Mike was the last bell cow RB we’ve had. This will be our 11th season since his departure. Crazy, we’ve played 125~ish games without a real RB. 

Oh well, moving along. Had to look at the schedule posted above. Was really hoping I misremembered it from last year but it’s still the same. Short of some unforeseen miracle I just can’t see this team managing any better than 9-3. 

ND is the biggest toss up for me, first game of the year probably be a little sloppy. Maybe we scoop up a fumble for a TD, return a pick or kick for a TD early & steal the momentum. Maybe a safety. Hope our O can put up a couple FG’s & sneak out of South Bend 15 - 13 or something like. But I doubt it ND 17-9. 

If if we don’t have our QB & line situation settled that game at NW could end up being an ugly dog fight. UM 9-8 

MooU & tOSU own our asses & get chalked up as losses every year until further notice. 

Which leaves us with Wisky & PSU.

I think we beat Wisky this year, they always seem to leave their passing game in Camp Randall & you’re not going to run the ball staright at us & win. Hopefully by then the O has developed some type of rhythm.  UM 19-13 

PSU lost Barkley but McSorley is just the kind of QB who eats our aggressive D alive. Our O isn’t good enough to keep pace. Just like ND we’re going to need some D or Special teams scoring to pull this one out. And that’s never something you want to rely on. PSU 24-23.

8-4 that’s what I see in our future. 

All my above predictions are assuming Patterson is the QB. If Peters is the QB (I think he will be, but I seem to be the only one) I think that’ll be good for 1 more win so I do reserve the right to adjust my predictions to 9-3 with the 9th win coming against PSU. 
  • There's not a team on our schedule that has more talent than Michigan heading into the 2018 season, outside of Ohio State. The question will be, can they put it all together on Saturdays in the fall?!?!

One of these years, it would be nice to see a Michigan team overachieve for once…get s surprise win (not a surprise loss).

Go Blue!!
  • In case you want to get pumped for the opener.

• Not really worried about Notre Dame. They are always overrated and defense travels. 
  • Not really worried about Notre Dame. They are always overrated and defense travels. 
    Except Michigan has not beaten a top 25 team on the road since 2006.

Go Blue!!
  • That streak ends. Because I don’t think ND is a top 25 team...but they will be at the start of the season.