UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Charles Woodson Speech

“But I’m telling you here today, 212 days from now, your Michigan Wolverines team will go down to Columbus, march into that stadium and we will beat you know who to bring back that familiar feeling of victory back to The University of Michigan again,” Charles Woodson said to a roar of applause from the audience at Michigan's commencement ceremony today.

Go Blue!!

Comments

• edited April 29
    In 212 days I expect nothing less than a Play in game for the big 10 title and maybe even a playoff play in game.

Shea Patterson seals the Heisman with a 5 TD day down in Columbus.
  • You might want to adjust those expectations.  On the road at ND, MSU and OSU with Wisconsin and PSU at home?  This could easily be 3-4 loss team.
  • Games @ ND and @ Sparty don't really scare me.  Defense always travels and this Michigan defense should be downright nasty!  Like Goblue said, @ OSU should be a play in game for the B1G Championship game!

I'm not buying into the Wisky hype either.  Sure, they will win the B1G Less (errr West) but I feel like they'd be lucky to finish in the top 3 in the B1G East!  PSU will be tough but they have some HUGE holes to fill in replacing Barkley as well as their top receiver.  How good will McSorely be without having someone like Barkley sharing that backfield?
  • edited April 30
    TK23Blue said:
    You might want to adjust those expectations.  On the road at ND, MSU and OSU with Wisconsin and PSU at home?  This could easily be 3-4 loss team.
    if we lose 4 games with a team that could have the #1 QB and #1 DE on draft day then we will never win a National title unless we get Bama level players.. Our Defense was top 5 last year and returns everyone.. And our Offense that had basically straight Freshman WR's last season now have an arm to hit them.

2016 team played those same games on the road minus ND and was a down away from a Playoff. This team will have the same expectations.
  • I dunno.  We have a QB who has played all of ten games in his college career but is now a possible #1 pick in the NFL draft?  Please.  We have no idea what he can do under Harbaugh's conservative offense so until we see it live, I'll temper my enthusiasm.  Besides, seen this movie before.
  • edited April 30
    TK23Blue said:
    I dunno.  We have a QB who has played all of ten games in his college career but is now a possible #1 pick in the NFL draft?  Please.  We have no idea what he can do under Harbaugh's conservative offense so until we see it live, I'll temper my enthusiasm.  Besides, seen this movie before.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

a well respected site outside of the ESPN/CBS's that does Mock drafts saw them referenced on NFL.com before.

Don't forget Shea was 64% of his passes.. Ole Miss didn't use him well at all.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-dolphins-broncos-chargers-jaguars-land-new-quarterbacks/

CBS has Shea 24th #4 for QB's

Obviously these are way early but still he is a top 5 QB at the college level and if he completes 64% of his passes for us vs worse Defenses than he played in the SEC (outside Wisc/OSU)

Then Michigan is gonna walk into the Horseshoe with everything on the line
  • Just for reference.

Michigan's passing offense finished 111th nationally out of 130 teams in passing yards per game.

Michigan's yards per attempt finished 109th.

Michigan's 53.5% completion percentage finished 113th nationally.

In just 7 games, Patterson completed 64% of his passes for 2,259 yards and 17 TDs (Michigan passed for 2,225 yards in 13 games).

Patterson was the SEC's leading passer after three weeks and shattered Ole Miss' single-game record for passing yards with 489.

Pro football reference ranked Patterson (82.3) as its 37th overall QB in 2017.

O’Korn (71.6) rated 113th for Michigan.

Peters and Speight didn't crack the ranked list with a grade of 55.4or worse.

There is a significant difference in what Patterson will provide Michigan compared to what we had under center last season.

Go Blue!!
  • Don't forget to factor in the "Pep" effect by downgrading Shea's expected production at Michigan, Scottsdale.
  • zjgm02 said:
    Don't forget to factor in the "Pep" effect by downgrading Shea's expected production at Michigan, Scottsdale.
    That will show up in a loss to Maryland at home…

Go Blue!!
  • Ah, I wish we still had a Like button.
  • Nice breakdown Scottsdale but you left out one, er, small item: he's a shrimp.
  • According to Phil Steele, Michigan has the third hardest schedule in 2018.

Go Blue!!
  • https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/05/19/michigan-ohio-state-rivalry/626560002/

Woodson saying that Michigan hasn’t emphasized the Ohio State game enough in recent years. That lately it’s been that all the games are on the same level but they are not. 

I tend to to agree with him. Harbaugh has done a lot of good since he got here but I don’t like hearing him say that all the games are equally important. I get it, that’s a very NFL thing to say. But it’s not. And there is no shame in saying it’s the most important game every year. 

But then again Hoke perched beating Ohio State and only won once so what the hell do I know. 
  • Who knows but it's hardly even a rivalry anymore.  It's just the game before the B1G Championship for OSU.  For us it's the difference between 9-3 and 8-4. 
  • We thought 2-10-1 was something to brag about in the 90s....what are they, 15-2 against us since 2001?

Go Blue!!
  • UM has had a hard enough time competing with Sparty over the last 10 years, let alone tOSU, who plays a similar style with waaaay better players.

Say all you want to the media about the importance of tOSU, while stressing to the team that dismantling Sparty every year is job number 1.  Take care of that, get back to winning every in-state recruiting battle Sparty, then worry about Bucknutz.  If you beat Sparty you've also built momentum heading into THE GAME b/c you took care of that business.  If winning is contagious, isn't winning rivalry games also contagious?  Try winning the rivalry game every year against the team that you should be beating and see what happens.

Truth is Michigan should've won at home against tOSU last season.  Up 14-0 early, and they knocked the starting QB out of the game later on and still managed to lose.  Took tOSU to OT the season before, so they aren't that far away.  For anyone who doubts this, NEVER forget that PSU lost to Pitt, and got drilled by Michigan in the same season they fvcking eventually woke up and won the B1G.
  • UM has also lost some strange games to both teams the last few years.  The officialgate affair to OSU, the Puntgift to MSU and the monsoon loss to MSU.
  • Michigan has not been a top 25 team on the road since 2006.  And they will probably have a minimum of 4 games on road against top 25 teams (ND, Northwestern, MSU, OSU).

Until we can beat a ranked team on the road, how can anyone take this program seriously…

Go Blue!!
  • It’ll happen this year. ND is always overrated, and we aren’t losing to NW in Evanston. I think we even knock off Sparty. Having a playmaker at QB does wonders for an offense. 
  • Michigan has not been a top 25 team on the road since 2006.  And they will probably have a minimum of 4 games on road against top 25 teams (ND, Northwestern, MSU, OSU).

Until we can beat a ranked team on the road, how can anyone take this program seriously…

Go Blue!!
    This.
  • It’ll happen this year. ND is always overrated, and we aren’t losing to NW in Evanston. I think we even knock off Sparty. Having a playmaker at QB does wonders for an offense
    Agree.  I don't want to keep going back to PSU, but their O-Line has been porous for years and the last two seasons they have been able to succeed despite that challenge. WRs need to get open and the QB needs to get rid of the ball fast, playcalling around shortcomings also helps but we have a PG coordinator who thought it was a good idea to keep throwing the ball in a monsoon, so I won't hold my breath.
  • Do you know what also does wonders for an offense? A QB who can complete a pass farther than 5 yards down the field… You don't need play-making QB if you can complete passes down the field which will open up the running game which will lessen the pass rush and reduce the amount of sacks and wear and tear on your starting QB.

Go Blue!!
  • edited May 22
    Do you know what also does wonders for an offense? A QB who can complete a pass farther than 5 yards down the field… You don't need play-making QB if you can complete passes down the field which will open up the running game which will lessen the pass rush and reduce the amount of sacks and wear and tear on your starting QB.

Go Blue!!
    Yeah, that too.

That's unfair to JOK, though.  He completed plenty of passes downfield (to the wrong team).
  • zjgm02 said:
    Do you know what also does wonders for an offense? A QB who can complete a pass farther than 5 yards down the field… You don't need play-making QB if you can complete passes down the field which will open up the running game which will lessen the pass rush and reduce the amount of sacks and wear and tear on your starting QB.

Go Blue!!
    Yeah, that too.

That's unfair to JOK, though.  He completed plenty of passes downfield (to the wrong team).
    You mean the #1 QB in the NFL draft who still has not signed on with a team… LOL

Go Blue!!