UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Spring Game Cancelled - Post Spring Notes

Michigan spring game cancelled.

Also, they won’t reschedule because they leave for Paris next week. Haha

Go Blue!!

Comments

• WTF?!?

I wanted to see some Michigan football this week, no matter how ugly and pedestrian.
  • Harbaugh must've traded in his iron jock for Victoria secret…

Go Blue!!
  • So it's supposed to rain and not even sniff 50 degrees on Saturday, so this is understandable.  I worried that the O-Line is so bad Harbaugh doesn't want anyone watching them struggle.  Reading between the lines of the interviews I've seen/heard seems like they are getting manhandled by the defense. 

I can't take another long year, bros.
  • We are also going to have another elite D line this year.

The OL is saying all the right things this spring...but my guess is they are just getting steam rolled. My boy Ed Warinner has his work cut out for him...

Go Blue!!
  • Bummer. Michigan always has the worst luck when it comes to their Spring Game. 

Ive been watching the Amazon series getting pumped for the Spring Game. Oh well, just gotta wait till Labor Day now. 
  • Like Scottsdale said, our D-line should be elite.  They will be manhandling a lot of O-lines this year so I'm not too concerned to hear those reports.  And how long has Warinner been officially on the job?  It takes time to make diamonds out of the coal that Warinner inherited!

I'm bummed about the cancellation.  I'm like you BHF.  I've been watching that Amazon series and it's got me jonesin' for some Michigan football!!!  I was looking forward to seeing the 4 QB's and who, if any, are separating themselves to be the leader coming out of spring...
  • Post Spring Depth Chart:

OFFENSE
    QB - Patterson OR Peters
    RB - Higdon, Evans, Walker
    FB - Mason
    WR - DPJ, McDoom
    WR - Black, Crawford, 
    TE - McKeon, Eubanks, Wheatley, Gentry
    LT - JBB
    LG - Bredeson
    C - Ruiz
    RG - Onwenu
    RT - Runyan
    K - Nordin

DEFENSE
    DE - Gary
    DE - Winovich
    DT - Solomon
    DT - Dwumfour
    LB - Gill
    LB - Bush
    Viper - Hudson
    CB - Hill
    CB - Long
    S - Metellus
    S - Kinnel

1. Who is going to fill the tackle spots of the OL and what affect will the new OL coach have?

2. If Patterson is eligible, what happens to Dylan McCaffrey?

3. This lineup looks eerily similar to last year, so why should we expect better results on a tougher schedule?

Go Blue!!
  • JBB as the starter at LT is a concern.
  • I would like to see what Chuck Filiaga can do. He's 6-6, 345 and was a top 10 OT two years ago so having a year in the system and a spring under his belt, I'm curious to see where he's at in his development.

Go Blue!!
  • Post Spring Depth Chart:

OFFENSE
    QB - Patterson OR Peters
    RB - Higdon, Evans, Walker
    FB - Mason
    WR - DPJ, McDoom
    WR - Black, Crawford, 
    TE - McKeon, Eubanks, Wheatley, Gentry
    LT - JBB
    LG - Bredeson
    C - Ruiz
    RG - Onwenu
    RT - Runyan
    K - Nordin

DEFENSE
    DE - Gary
    DE - Winovich
    DT - Solomon
    DT - Dwumfour
    LB - Gill
    LB - Bush
    Viper - Hudson
    CB - Hill
    CB - Long
    S - Metellus
    S - Kinnel

1. Who is going to fill the tackle spots of the OL and what affect will the new OL coach have?

2. If Patterson is eligible, what happens to Dylan McCaffrey?

3. This lineup looks eerily similar to last year, so why should we expect better results on a tougher schedule?

Go Blue!!
    #2 If McCaffrey is in position for #2 he stays because Patterson is a one and done top 5 draft pick projected next year. if he loses to Peters he leaves.

#3 Because we were a Serviceable QB not even a good one just a serviceable one from 12-1.... We were tied with Wisc at half We lost to MSU on 5 Turnovers 4 from the QB.... and we were tied with OSU in the 2nd half..

We return everyone alot of which were fresh/sophomore...

• Having a healthy Tarik Black starting opposite of DJP should be a HUGE upgrade at the receiver position.  And I'd also like to see us commit to making Higdon our featured back.  I feel like the more carries he got, the better he was!  

QB is another position I feel better about going in to this season but that also hinges on whether or not Patterson is cleared to play.  If Patterson is a no go, I'd like to see McCaffrey step up and give Peters a challenge for the position.

O-line to me is, once again, the big question mark on this team.  IMO, Warriner is a definite upgrade to the coaching position after seeing how improved OSU's O lines improved under his watch!  I'm expecting similar results from him here at Michigan as well!  If Warriner can improve the play at O-line, I feel good about what this offense can become.

And defensively, with 9-11 starters returning?  I'm pretty confident where the strength of this team will lie in 2018!  If DB could make last year's defense as dominant as they were with all the new faces, it's kind of scary to think what he will do with this much experience coming back!!!
  • Yep, the D will dominate, the O line will struggle, we'll win a huge game, look like sh** on the road at night, lose to OSU and stumble thru our bowl game.  In other words, Michigan Football.
  • I want to see Hudson take that LT spot.