Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Why can’t we land recruits?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    If Michigan Flips Dax Hill back.. Harbaugh Going to ESPN to give a statement may be a turning point in Michigan History..

Word is Harbaugh Approached ESPN wanting to give a statement about his future something that NEVER happens with Harbaugh. HE himself reached out to ESPN going put me on the air.... Wade Manual coming out hours later saying he wants Harbaugh to retire here compounding onto it. The fact is us Michigan fans are as much to blame as anyone talking about him leaving/going back and our fan base can be blamed for allowing this negative recruiting as much as anyone.

The fact is we will live and die by Harbaugh and that has and was made ABUNDANTLY CLEAR by Harbaugh and Wade in the last few days. No more of this will Harbaugh be here in a year or 2 years or next week... No more negative recruiting being allowed to get into the brains of recruits.  Alot of talk from recruits that those statements in the last week have made a bold impact and this is the hill that Michigan is ready to die on. 

Now its time to put up or shut up because our cards are on the table. no more bluffs and no more bullshit. Harbaugh isn't on any hotseat no matter how many games he has lost to OSU.. Its his program to turn around and recruits now know that if they come to Michigan he will be their coach in year 1 and year 2 and year 3 and year 4 
  • I’m happy Harbaugh is the coach at Michigan, and unless he does something to embarrass the good name of the university, and the history of the program, I hope he stays coach until he’s ready to retire.
    I care about wins and losses, but Michigan has always strived to be a ‘leader and best’, winning and losing with integrity.  To me, that ideal means a lot.

Harbaugh is a great coach, anyone that cannot see that is simply blinded to what he’s done his entire career, and especially what he’s done to bring the program back to prominence. 

Losses will fuel disappointment, which fuels reactionary people to say things like: ‘Michigan needs to blow this up, and find a new coach’.
    That will never cease, but perspective can be a powerful thing.

What seems to get lost in history is that Bo was mocked for not being able to win the big games; bowl games were always a challenge for him.
    Sure he beat Ohio State plenty, but the bowl record and lack of a national championship cloud hovered over him his entire career.

To me, Bo walked on water.  As a kid, he was larger than life.  Yes, I was disappointed when Michigan would lose in the Rose Bowl again and again and again, but never once did I ever think that Michigan should look for a new coach.  Sure it was a different time, but even upon reflection, only winning a bowl game 5 times in 17 bowl game appearances doesn’t change my opinion of the coach.  He is one of the greatest coaches in college football history, and considered a legend by many more than just myself.

If Harbaugh continues to coach at Michigan, and say he coached another 12 years, but only splits wins over Ohio State in 6 of those years, and wins the B1G championship most of those times, all the while averaging 9+ wins a season, but never wins a national championship.  
    If you look at the numbers, he’d have 4 or 5 B1G championships and a record of 6-10 against OSU, but again no national championship.  Totals of 152-43, and a .788 win percentage.
    In the history of the program, in the history of college football, how do you think people would look at him?

Go Blue!
  • The Bowl record for Bo did bother me but the lack of National Championships never did. You did not win NCs you were VOTED NCs.  He played for what he could on the field which was the Big Ten Championship.  Heck he went 30-2-1 and never went to a bowl game for those three years.  While it is better currently they need to increase the teams in the playoffs to either 8 or 16 for a truer National Champion.
  • edited December 2018
    OSU commit and 4 star safty Jordan Battle just got CBed to Bama by 3 people including Witford. Bama would now have 3 safety commits. And word is Saban went hard in last few days on battle. Take it for what it's worth but it appears that saban ain't waiting to find out if Dax Hill is going to be a bridesmaid or not. Wonder how dax is going to feel about that one.
  • Goblue88 said:
    If Michigan Flips Dax Hill back.. Harbaugh Going to ESPN to give a statement may be a turning point in Michigan History..
    Let's pump the brakes on an 18-year-old kid changing Michigan history…

Go Blue!!
  • edited December 2018
    Goblue88 said:

Go Blue!!
    Lol no doubt.

The slurping of Harbaugh around here is getting out of hand. There’s absolutely no reason for Michigan football to marry the man at this point. He’s accomplished nothing, positive, of note yet. Hell his team just took the worst ass kicking from tOSU any Michigan team has ever taken. Yes Harbaugh’s an upgrade over RR & Hoke. But is that really the bar at Michigan now?

Perhaps Harbaugh is the best we can do right now. But to pretend that he’s Bo & that we could never do better. Come on. Clearly Harbaugh’s going to be given every opportunity to prove he can make this team elite again. And maybe he can. But to this point, like it or not, he’s come up short. And somewhere down the road someone’s going to have to have the balls & the brains to pull the trigger on a new HC. 
  • Jabes... please define what you mean by “elite again”?

So so you know, I’m not trying to be a jerk, I really want to know what you and others mean when they say that.

• B1G Champions on a regular basis.
  • edited December 2018
    Jabes0623 said:
    Goblue88 said:

Go Blue!!
    Lol no doubt.

The slurping of Harbaugh around here is getting out of hand. There’s absolutely no reason for Michigan football to marry the man at this point. He’s accomplished nothing, positive, of note yet. Hell his team just took the worst ass kicking from tOSU any Michigan team has ever taken. Yes Harbaugh’s an upgrade over RR & Hoke. But is that really the bar at Michigan now?

Perhaps Harbaugh is the best we can do right now. But to pretend that he’s Bo & that we could never do better. Come on. Clearly Harbaugh’s going to be given every opportunity to prove he can make this team elite again. And maybe he can. But to this point, like it or not, he’s come up short. And somewhere down the road someone’s going to have to have the balls & the brains to pull the trigger on a new HC. 
    Hate to be the asshole to say this but I think Bo would be a 9.5 win a year coach in the Elite CFB era. Bo stomped on alot of hopeless garbage and OSU wasn't anywhere near a top 4 National recruiting every year top 5 coach in CFB history team back in those days. Woody was good don't get me wrong but people always like to compare history like its the same thing as today.... Wilt Chamberlin wouldn't have even gotten a 50 pt game let alone 100 pt game in today's NBA. And Bo won when we were still in the days of Michigan and ND being the  2 schools that dominated recruiting in the Midwest OSU was an afterthought for alot of kids.... Michigan and ND were the elite midwest programs taking whoever they wanted...

Much like OSU has been the last decade

and my statement wasn't calling Dax the savior more than Saban and Meyers walking into kids house going how long you think that chump from Michigan is gonna stay huh? either I woop his ass more times and he leaves in shame or he goes back NFL. Those days are over... Harbaugh has made his stand He ain't leaving and no one is firing him. We gotta start beating OSU yes. but I think the ability for negative recruiting that Harbaugh is leaving/bailing is gone.
  • Yep you are the asshole that much I do agree!
  • tbh article says nothing that people didn't know. not sure some hole in the wall paper has more info than 247 and rivals. Both of which seem to think at this point that Dax is 50-50 to flip back.

Seems to be some PSU smoke about Zach Harrison too last couple days... Some people saying his list is now PSU OSU MIchigan in that order. Cause you don't want to go to a team that gets blownout...... 42-7
  • Goblue88 said:
    Jabes0623 said:
    Goblue88 said:

Go Blue!!
    Lol no doubt.

Hate to be the asshole to say this but I think Bo would be a 9.5 win a year coach in the Elite CFB era. Bo stomped on alot of hopeless garbage and OSU wasn't anywhere near a top 4 National recruiting every year top 5 coach in CFB history team back in those days. Woody was good don't get me wrong but people always like to compare history like its the same thing as today.... Wilt Chamberlin wouldn't have even gotten a 50 pt game let alone 100 pt game in today's NBA. And Bo won when we were still in the days of Michigan and ND being the  2 schools that dominated recruiting in the Midwest OSU was an afterthought for alot of kids.... Michigan and ND were the elite midwest programs taking whoever they wanted...

Much like OSU has been the last decade

and my statement wasn't calling Dax the savior more than Saban and Meyers walking into kids house going how long you think that chump from Michigan is gonna stay huh? either I woop his ass more times and he leaves in shame or he goes back NFL. Those days are over... Harbaugh has made his stand He ain't leaving and no one is firing him. We gotta start beating OSU yes. but I think the ability for negative recruiting that Harbaugh is leaving/bailing is gone.
    Not to mention at that time the only 2 teams that were on TV every week was Mich and Notre Dame. Now everyone is on TV every week

• Harbaugh was in OK today hanging with a MLB player on his way to Tulsa...

Why he in Tulsa you ask. Trying to Bring back the Highest Recruit Since Rashan Gary.
  • Goblue88 said:

Why he in Tulsa you ask. Trying to Bring back the Highest Recruit Since Rashan Gary.
    Zach Harrison is the highest rated recruit on the Michigan board.

Go Blue!!
  • Last time I looked Sam has Zach at 61% UM
  • 4-star LB Kalen DeLoach is sticking with F$U (decided not to flip to Michigan) and will sign on Wednesday.

Go Blue!!
  • 4-star LB Anthony Solomon (current Miami, FL commit) will decide tonight.

Go Blue!!
  • 4-star LB Kalen DeLoach is sticking with F$U (decided not to flip to Michigan) and will sign on Wednesday.

Go Blue!!
    Wish him well, but really wanted him to come.  He would have fit in very well in this class.  That’s too bad.
  • Solomon picked UM tonite!  Go Blue!!
  • Always good to get a top 300 player. Recruiting gurus say he is “fast as hell.” Good.  after osu we clearly need to boost team speed. 

Really hope Jim can get Hill back and maybe, just maybe we can land Harrison. If we do that this may be the best class Jim has put together in terms of athletic ability. One that could match up with the talent osu has. 
  • 4 Star WR Cornelius Johnson Just got balled to us by the lead PSU writer.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cornelius-Johnson-92287/
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5467954/5bbc1764dfe27702c8478f1e

6'3" 195 #256 in the nation 

He commits Wednesday and we got the last visit with him yesterday. 

• Speed and 6’3. He’d be a nice addition. 
  • Deep Blue said:
    Speed and 6’3. He’d be a nice addition. 
    Definitely need that next gen playmaker with size.  Hopefully he comes home.
  • Harrison now leaning to OSU but Johnson is leaning to UM
  • Harbaugh predicts fireworks on signing day.  I guess we will see.
  • edited December 2018
    Harbaugh predicts fireworks on signing day.  I guess we will see.
    Fields goes on ESPN at 7am announcing he's going to Transfer to OSU.. Every OSU target see this and goes OSU and OSU ends up #2 class in the nation and Dax Hill then flips to OSU from Bama ending with OSU as the #1 class in the nation. on their way to #5 #6 and #7 vs Harbaugh. 

• edited December 2018
    https://wolverineswire.com/2018/12/18/what-we-know-michigan-football-recruiting-alabama-and-daxton-hill/

Isiah Hole Now saying he feels 65-35% that he thinks Dax will Flip back.. But that alot of people thought Dax would flip back to Michigan within hours and most assumed it would be before early signing day... 

But that If Battle (who wanted to commit early and be a Early Enrollee at OSU) Signs with Bama tommorow That 65% could go Higher as Intel from close to Dax says he ain't scared of competition but also doesn't want to be part of a 3 safety class either.

As to what caused all this in the first place
    "While Hill’s family indicated it might be a matter of distance that caused for the flip, Michigan went on an all out assault just hours after Hill’s flip, dismantling the argument that Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh would be moving on to the NFL soon. Harbaugh went to ESPN that Sunday morning and dispelled the rumors, and Michigan defensive end Chase Winovich made an impassioned argument that the loss to Ohio State was a ‘mirage.’ Sources have indicated that there was a concerted effort by Alabama to push the narrative that Harbaugh & Co. would be out this offseason to secure his commitment. Now that that narrative is dead, once again, it’s given Hill pause."
  • edited December 2018
    Battle Flipped to Bama and will sign as an EE....  Sam Webb Hinting that something big is happening today (not specifically towards Dax but don't be shocked if Dax Hill makes some noise today.)