UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Why can’t we land recruits?

Saw this on Facebook...... these kids have to trust JH, so what’s the missing piece? 

https://www.facebook.com/watchstadium/videos/818494114990309/

Comments

• First of all, none of the 7 who visited for The Game that day were even considering Michigan. These days, a lot of times, it's just a free ride to a campus to get pampered and watch a big game.

Secondly, we signed a laundry list of 4-star prospects in the 2016 and 2017 class. Our depth at multiple positions allowed the coaches an opportunity to take fliers on some high-ceiling but lower ranked prospects, particularly at CB, DE and WR. Shoot for the moon early and then look for some diamonds in the rough in the meantime. For the most part, it's the way things played out.

Now, onto 2019, where Michigan already has 4 players verbally committed, including two 5-star DE's Chris Hinton from Georgia and Stephen Herron, Jr. from Kentucky along with 4-star OL Nolan Rumler from Ohio and 3-star LB Charles Thomas from IMG in Florida.

Michigan's 2019 class should look more like their 2016 and 2017 classes.

Fear not and hopefully this allows you to sleep better tonight… :D

Go Blue!!
  • I think people forget how young we were, losing the starting QB made matter far worse than it was. Florida State have had consistent top 5 classes, but can you say that they look like a team full of 4 and 5 star players. Not to mention Harbs have put players in the NFL and are producing so far. This will only get better. 24 players in 2 years in the NFL both drafted and undraftrd. 3 more this year, however those were the only ones eligible for the draft. I'm a glass half empty giy; however I feel like the Hoke players are gone and looking forward to guys like Singleton using a redshirt but knowing a massive upgrade over McCray
  • Great offseason topic.....This is a critical time for Michigan. As much as I'd like to say we're still Michigan....we're not when you look at the last 10 years and I'm genuinely a positive person when I post on here. Make no mistake Harbaugh is a draw to Michigan for sure and if he wasn't here I'm certain we'd be talking a lot about who the next coach should be......

When you're discussing recruiting..........kids just don't know Michigan as a winning program. Sure they've heard some about the history but we are getting to a whole new generation of kids that know OSU as the the great Big 10 power and Michigan as being slightly above average. The SEC dominates thanks to ESPN SEC love but the results on the field don't lie.....along with FSU and Clemson in the ACC. The south currently rules...and that's what kids have seen lately. 

Convincing these kids to come to Michigan to win championships is a tough sell right now...a fact that's hard but again the results don't lie.  Start consistently beating your rivals and good recruits will follow. Win a big 10 championship and great recruits will follow. Until then we have a really good football coach, top facilities, a great college town and the largest football stadium in the land....hopefully it will be enough to change the results on the field and then the recruiting will follow. These next 2 seasons will tell the tale.     
  • Rice OT grad transfer Calvin Anderson picked Texas over Michigan.

Go Blue!!
  • 2018 class seemed like it was going to be an anomoly from the start.  2019 has the potential to be a top 4 class.  
  • 8TH GRADE?!?!?!! (More freaking out at his size)
  • We picked up a 4-star QB for 2019. I think he's the #9 rated pro style QB.

Go Blue!!
  • 8TH GRADE?!?!?!! (More freaking out at his size)
    He tells the principal when he's ready to take recess.

IF he has any athletic ability, the right mentor could mold him into the first elite 400-pound O-lineman.  Or he could become the greatest pro wrestler in the history of the world. 

350 lbs at the age of 13 or 14.  That's two big eighth graders smushed together.