UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Michigan to Overhaul Offensive Staff. (Semi Confirmed Rumors)

Comments

• Yep, let's roll coaches in and out every 4 -5 years.  Becoming the Cleveland Browns sounds like a great idea.  And there's not a recruit on this planet who gives a sh** about Harbaugh's salary and "antics".   
  • Sherrone Moore CMU coach is rumored to UM
  • TK23Blue said:
    Yep, let's roll coaches in and out every 4 -5 years.  Becoming the Cleveland Browns sounds like a great idea.  And there's not a recruit on this planet who gives a sh** about Harbaugh's salary and "antics".   

And how's that worked for ND to add to TK's point...
  • Goblue88 said:
    Some of you guys need to get a grip… Good Lord!

Harbaugh is not going anywhere. It's not 11 wins or bust next year. Drevno is not gonna be demoted to OL coach.

Go Blue!!
    So your gonna be fine with 7 passing td's and 8-5 again?

Saban benches his starter for a TRUE FRESHMAN to win the Natty we need a coach with the balls to do that... not one who starts the senior who threw for 0 TD's over the last 3 games. and drevno is just bad. Worst Coach in the State of Michigan and that includes every coach at Central/western/and MSU

next years team is the most talented team we will have for years we need to take advantage.
    No, I'm not happy about it but I also don't micro-analyze in the way everyone seems to be doing right now.

Go Blue!!
  • I love how people point at Saban’s genius and ability to pull a 5 star sophomore at halftime and put in a 5 star freshman at halftime to win a NC.

How many teams in the country can do that?  

One.  And they just won their fifth NC in the last decade.

When you have the resources on your team to move personnel around like that, it’s not done in a vacuum, they are loaded from top to bottom.  Those freshman are pieces to an already complete puzzle.

Michigan isn’t in that league, nor should anyone expect it after three seasons of Harbaugh’s reign.

My goodness, it’s like we’re supposed to expect that suddenly all the years of a lost program are suddenly gone and Michigan should be perfect all of a sudden.  

“But look at Georgia!”  I can hear it now.

Though I’d love it to be so, things aren’t magically delicious.  

Anyone that doesn’t see that Harbaugh is building a program to last, is simply being reactionary.  
    I’ll admit that it’s frustrating, but I’m also a realist, and understand that this is going to take some time.

I’m a fanatic like the rest of you.  I want success right now.  But Harbaugh is far and away our best shot at becoming a consistent winner.
  • Forgot to state went 10-3 in his first year after taking over a 5-7 team.
    Brady Hoke?
  • Goblue88 said:
    Forgot to state went 10-3 in his first year after taking over a 5-7 team.
    Brady Hoke?
    You want to bet Harbaugh goes 5-8 like Hoke did his 4th year?
  • edited January 12
    Goblue88 said:
    Forgot to state went 10-3 in his first year after taking over a 5-7 team.
    Brady Hoke?
    You want to bet Harbaugh goes 5-8 like Hoke did his 4th year?
    Nah I'm just saying that Harbaugh going 10-3 year 1 was maybe 1-2 wins too many but our schedule/wins weren't exactly bringing down the house and we lost the biggest games...

Year 2 was underachieving with the most senior team in the league.

and year 3 was about 1 win too low with 4 games blown in the 4th quarter... that in itself is the real alarming thing that this team had no balls in the 4th quarters to win games much like year 2....

I think we go at least 10-3 next year but will 10-3 with loss to PSU, OSU 0-4 and ND and a trip to the citrus bowl again be enough for our fan base?

Thats why I'm saying next year we need to go X-1 and be in the big 10 title because if not now when? when PSU's top 5 recruiting class starts rivaling us or when OSU's Bama like recruiting classes of the last 2 years are carrying them as Seniors? 2018 is start to win or were could be eating the dust of PSU/OSU for atleast 2 years (2019/2020) with our weak 2017 class.
  • If you think we're going to win 11 games next season, you obviously haven't looked at the schedule.  3 rivalry games all on the road.  plus psu, plus the top 3 teams from the other division.  I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.  At least not until we hear if Patterson is eligible or not.
  • Until we prove otherwise we’re an 8-5/9-4 middle of the pack B1G team. We’re completely irrelevant nationally & nearly so in the B1G championship hunt. We can’t even win the state of Michigan for crying out loud. 

If you’re good with that in year 3 of Harbaugh’s, & feel compelled to defend the man, more power to you. But we all know, not think, that much more has been accomplished in 3 years by plenty of coaches not named Nick Saban.

Holding Michigan & Harbaugh’s to the current Alabama standard is idiotic. However holding them to a higher standard than they’ve managed to achieve really isn’t asking much. 

Perhaps the future is bright, perhaps it’s as painfully mediocre as the recent past. But regardless of what the future holds if you’re impressed by or happy with what you’ve seen from Harbaugh’s Michigan thus far, I’ve got to question your sanity.  
  • So please tell us who could do a better job at Michigan????  I'll be waiting for your reply...
  • The thing I love is how Nick Saban is regarded as some coaching genius.  He is a recruiting genius.  He has better players than everyone else.  It has nothing to do with out coaching anyone.  It has everything to do with out talenting everyone!!!

Give him Michigan's roster and he isn't winning 5 NC's in 9 years!!!

• MGoBrew said:
    So please tell us who could do a better job at Michigan????  I'll be waiting for your reply...
    Nick Saban. Urban Meyer. Dabo Swinney. Mark Dantonio. Gary Patterson. Kirby Smart. Jimbo Fisher. Bob Stoops...

And that’s just right off the top of my head.
  • Jabes0623 said:
    MGoBrew said:
    So please tell us who could do a better job at Michigan????  I'll be waiting for your reply...
    Nick Saban. Urban Meyer. Dabo Swinney. Mark Dantonio. Gary Patterson. Kirby Smart. Jimbo Fisher. Bob Stoops...

Just saying I wanted us to take a run at Kirby Smart when we hired Harbaugh....
  • Jabes0623 said:
    MGoBrew said:

Why not try and get Bill Belichick while you're at it. Good grief....Lol

Go Blue!!
  • Jabes0623 said:
    MGoBrew said:

None of those coaches will come to Michigan, so start over....

Also, the only coaches on that list in JH's stratosphere are Saban, Meyer and Dabo. The rest are average joes.

Go Blue!!
  • Chris Partridge turned down the Alabama job but his contract expired on Sunday so he does not have a deal right now.

Go Blue!!
  • Jabes0623 said:
    MGoBrew said:

Nice list.  Now it might be a good idea to wake up from your dream...
  • Gary Patterson???  Bob Stoops???  Really???  ROTFLMAO!!!  
  • Gary Patterson???  Bob Stoops???  Really???  ROTFLMAO!!!  
  • edited January 13
    Yeah Gary Patterson? Absolutely not. I don’t get his obsession with him. He is about as mediocre as it gets. 

And didnt it take Dabo about 14 years at Clemson before he started winning? 
  • I wouldn't sleep on Gary Patterson.  What he's done at a medium-size private school is pretty impressive.  I don't know what the academics are like, but enrollment is about half of Northwestern's and Patterson has a winning percentage almost .200 higher (.737) than the program as a whole (.540), while coaching more games there than any coach in the program's history.

That said, he's a defensive guy and has fielded some great units in the past, but over the last 7 seasons it's been medium-good to good, so he may be more of a CEO than down-in-the-deets type of guy.
  • MGoBrew said:
    Gary Patterson???  Bob Stoops???  Really???  ROTFLMAO!!!  
    I often wonder if you share an account here with a 14 year old girl.

Career winning %...

Stoops .798
    Patterson .737
    Harbaugh .640

• Don't forget about Bobby Petrino. He's more elite than Harbaugh too....

Go Blue!!
  • Don't forget about Bobby Petrino. He's more elite than Harbaugh too....

Go Blue!!
    I was wondering if anyone else remembered that little nugget of info.
  • Yep.  It's all about that career winning percentage...  

Maybe we could get Jimmy Johnson to come out of retirement?  

• Wasn't Rich Rod's win percentage pretty good when we hired him here?  How'd that work out???
  • edited January 14
    Don't forget about Bobby Petrino. He's more elite than Harbaugh too....

Go Blue!!
    Still as true today as it was a few years ago...

Petrino .709
    Harbaugh .640

So if we measure them by what supposedly matters most, he sure as hell is. 

And at the time Harbaugh was only sporting a .580 winning percentage. And Petrino had managed to go 10-3 & 11-2 in his last two seasons at Arkansas. Which is in the SEC. The same school & conference that took one of the B1G best coaches, Bielema, & chewed him up & spit him out.

But hey we have a kickass weight room & locker room to tell the MooU & tOSU fans about right...

When we start judging coaches on twitter followers, European practices & milk commercials Harbaugh will definitely be hoisting the trophy at the end of the year.

• There’s no helping or reasoning with you if you think Bobby Petrino is a better football coach than Jim Harbaugh. 

• He doesn't think Petrino is a better coach. Just saying....

Go Blue!!