UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Harbaugh fires back at Dantonio

When the Outback Bowl passed on MSU to select Michigan, despite the Sparty having a better record and winning the head-to-head matchup, Dantonio said, "I just look at it as an opportunity to play in the Holiday Bowl right now. The records are what they are. I’ll just continue to focus on beating Michigan and let things sort of sort out,” Dantonio said on Sunday.

On Monday, Harbaugh fired back at Dantonio on Twitter.

“Saw Coach D comments on continuing to ‘focus’ on how ‘he’ can beat Michigan,” Harbaugh tweeted. “Congrats on turning around a 3-9 team, plagued with off field issues. Good for BIG to have him back.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go Blue!!

Comments

• I'm really trying to read between the lines and get what Harbaugh is firing at him. Is it the "focus" part? The "he" part? I know I'm a dumbass, but not really seeing to much of a shot back
  • I'm assuming the dig is Harbaugh calling out Douchetonio's 3-9 team plagued with off-field issues.  Although I would submit that Harbaugh might want to adjust HIS focus to beating MSU, especially at home when coming off a bye week.  But whatever.
  • Dantonio just came back...

“for all spartans, it’s not over, it’ll never be over, it’s just started”

Go Blue!!
  • Man. Jim will not come after on his own but if you fire at him first he is coming back at you. Good. I'm glad we have a coach that will fire back at him instead of apologizing. 

Man I just get this feeling that Harbaugh is gearing up for a massive 2018. Took his lumps this year going through growing pains but is ready to roll next year. 
  • TK, JH better focus on what you said instead. Just consider the source.
  • I absolutely love this.  I also enjoy that Harbaugh is willing to fire back and not apologize.

Dantonio loves to play bully.  Can’t wait for next year... makes the rivalry all the more fun.

• Again, "fire back" by actually beating MSU.  Anything else is just talk and anybody can do that.  Guess I'm old school but I always prefer the "shut up and play the game" approach.
  • TK23Blue said:
    Again, "fire back" by actually beating MSU.  Anything else is just talk and anybody can do that.  Guess I'm old school but I always prefer the "shut up and play the game" approach.
    That's my take as well.  Beat them frequently and beat them badly, and Dantonio will realize it's time to retire into the sunset.  Once MD is gone, reality will set in that Sparty caught lightening in a bottle with him, and Michigan will start beating up on Narduzzi-led MSU (if they can even hire him away from Pitt).
  • I totally disagree. Harbaugh needed to fire back. For the past decade Dantonio has been running his mouth about Michigan and we haven't done a thing. You guys wanted Jim to focus more on beating MSU, said he didn't take that game serious, well, here he is taking a direct shot at MSU. I like it. Makes me think Jim is finally dialed in for that game. 
  • If it takes a Tweet from Douchetonio to get Jim "dialed in" for one of our biggest rivalries we have bigger problems than I thought.  But he played for Bo and he played in this game-so I'm sure he gets it.  In the end, there's firing back and then there's swinging at a pitch in the dirt. 
  • Where I come from you don't go running your mouth to someone who just kicked your ass. 

Harbaugh has talked enough. It's time to shut up & win.
  • TK23Blue said:
    If it takes a Tweet from Douchetonio to get Jim "dialed in" for one of our biggest rivalries we have bigger problems than I thought.  But he played for Bo and he played in this game-so I'm sure he gets it.  In the end, there's firing back and then there's swinging at a pitch in the dirt. 

Sparty probably wasn't much of a rivalry back when Jim played.  We dominated this rivalry up until Hart ran his mouth about them being Little Brother...
  • Believe me, Sparty was a big rivalry game and well before Harbaugh played.  He got taken off the field on a stretcher (can't remember the injury) against Sparty in '84 (or 85?) and lost 19-7.  We lost again in '87.  It's certainly more competitive these days but it was always a rivalry as far back as I can remember. (half my family went to State and the other half to Michigan so trust me on that one.)
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Where I come from you don't go running your mouth to someone who just kicked your ass. 

Harbaugh has talked enough. It's time to shut up & win.
    In fairness to Harbaugh, he was responding to Dantonio. He didn't just start running his mouth for no reason.

Where I come from, when someone talks shit about your family, you fight back.

Go Blue!!
  • Believe me it was a rivalry way back to the sixties when Duffy was there.
  • Harbaugh explains his tweet: 

"I didn't understand how he dragged us into his frustration about what bowl game he went to," Harbaugh said. "I'd just prefer he didn't talk about us." 

Asked a follow-up if believed it was "healthy" for two rivals to have a little fun, Harbaugh replied: "Yeah. Yeah, healthy."

Love it.