UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 12: Ohio St. (#9) @ Michigan 12:00 PM EST on FOX GAMEDAY THREAD

THE GAME is here. Let's get the chatter started....

Go Blue!!

Comments

• Better find the best  homer refs that $ can buy. They did. Win at all cost!
  • Can you at least subtitle this damn thread: "How badly does UM get beat"?
  • We are going to win this damn game.....
  • Assuming Peters is out; I think we're going to have to go completely out of the box on O to have a chance. We're not going to beat the Buckeyes badly enough at the LOS to just run down their throats all day. So the QB position is going to have to produce.

I'm thinking we're going to have to go with some wildcat. I'm not sure who we should have running it though. Athletically Evans would be ideal but he gets finger tackled so often I don't think he's the best choice. Maybe teach Devin Bush how to read an end this week & run some wildcat read option lol.

Special teams is going to have to step way up. On side kicks, yes plural, fake punts/FG's. We're going to need the special teams to generate some O. 

On D we've got to abandon the hyper aggressive approach. Rush 3 & force Barrett to beat us with his arm. Play some bend & don't break, use the D to shorten the game some for the O. Rally to the football, first man wraps up, second goes for the strip. We're going to need some turnovers.

And B1G for the love of God tell the damn officials to hold onto those flags for dear life. I'm fine with an extra physical game so long as calls aren't made both ways. If the zebras get involved at all we know it's going to be in favor of the Buckeyes & we have zero shot.
  • Ex-Buckeye wide receiver Terry Glenn killed in car crash this morning.

Go Blue!!
  • What sucks about this game for the third year in a row, is we have QB uncertainty. First year it was Rudock and last year it was Speight hurt and now this year who the hell knows who is going to be behind center.

It's not an excuse for Harbaugh and company but it sure makes it a lot more difficult when you're playing a second string or third string QB is the biggest rivalry in all of sports.

Go Blue!!
  • What sucks about this game for the third year in a row, is we have QB uncertainty. First year it was Rudock and last year it was Speight hurt and now this year who the hell knows who is going to be behind center.

It's not an excuse for Harbaugh and company but it sure makes it a lot more difficult when you're playing a second string or third string QB is the biggest rivalry in all of sports.

Go Blue!!
    Playing a 3rd string QB didn't seem to negatively impact Urban Meyer and OSU when they beat Michigan and went on to win the 2015 National Championship....just sayin'
  • Its been reported by multiple sources that Peters' tests apparently came back okay.  I read on Instagram last night that he's expected to start on Saturday.  I haven't found another source for that one, though.
  • Hope I'm wrong, but with the lack of leaders and playmakers, Tom Brady probably doesn't beat tOSU with this Michigan roster.
  • The tech guy setting up and testing the mics at OSU media football presser this morning “its 11:19AM and Michigan still sucks”

Go Blue!!
  • Speight or Peters. If Both healthy and ready to go, who do you guys want to see in? It's a toss up for me but I'd say Peters. 
  • Speight or Peters. If Both healthy and ready to go, who do you guys want to see in? It's a toss up for me but I'd say Peters. 
    Peters. Hopefully he's able to shake off the cobwebs, and doesn't have the deer in the headlights look that Speight had when he came back from his injury.
  • edited November 20
    Speight gives us the best chance to win at this point.

Plus I have 0 faith in our pass protection & believe there's a very high probability that whoever the QB is will be getting rocked all day long. I'd rather see Speight destroyed than Peters, we're going to need Peters in the future.

So Speight for the tOSU game & give Peters all the bowl prep & game to build for next year.

• I specifically remember back in 11' after we beat OSU, Scottsdale saying "may we never go through another stretch like that again!" Who's a thunk we'd follow a 7 game losing stretch by a 5 (most likely 6) game losing stretch. Insane.
  • I specifically remember back in 11' after we beat OSU, Scottsdale saying "may we never go through another stretch like that again!" Who's a thunk we'd follow a 7 game losing stretch by a 5 (most likely 6) game losing stretch. Insane.

I was at that game and thankful I got watch them win it!  WTS, we have been outclassed by OSU since the late 90's in talent, coaching and recruiting.  Unfortunately, I do not see that changing anytime soon.
  • Ahhhh yes 2011, the most unfulfilling victory over OSU in history. We could have picked Joe Schmoe out of the crowd, to coach, and still beat Fickell.
  • TGoose74 said:
    Ahhhh yes 2011, the most unfulfilling victory over OSU in history. We could have picked Joe Schmoe out of the crowd, to coach, and still beat Fickell.
    I was still happy.  

I don’t care what state the Buckeyes program is in, just beat them and their damn fan base.

They didn’t care what Michigan was going through in the RR and Hoke years.
  • Encouraging news about Peters. Seems like he is getting better every day. Team is "hopeful" he will be able to play Saturday. But you just never know with concussions. It is out of Jim's hands at the moment as the doctors have to clear him. 

I hope Peters can play. With him we have a chance. If I see #8 walk out to the huddle I may as well leave. It will be Penn State the sequel. And like most sequels it will be worse. 
  • With Ohio St having a glimmer of playoff hopes off in the far distance, Meyer is bringing everything he can up north to destroy our beloved Wolverines. 

It will take a perfect performance and a lot of good breaks to go Michigan’s way to win this one.

If O’Korn gets the start, Michigan has zero hope.  Sad.

If Peters gets the start, and can stay upright, there is a chance.  Albeit small, but still a chance.

The only thing I know with certainty, Harbaugh hates losing to Ohio State more than anything.  He’s going to do whatever he can to get this team ready to play.

This is a defining game for this young team.  We’ll see what they’re made of.

I have a bottle of Macallan 18 that’s been waiting to be opened.  I hope to sip from it late Saturday afternoon, but time will tell.

• Gr8Mckay said:
    With Ohio St having a glimmer of playoff hopes off in the far distance, Meyer is bringing everything he can up north to destroy our beloved Wolverines. 

I really don't see how a team that lost by 31 points at Iowa and 15 at home to OU can be taken seriously as a playoff candidate.  Heard a stat this morning that no team that has made the CFB playoff has suffered more than a 14 point loss and OSU has 2 of them!

What would make me very happy is to see them win the B1G and get snubbed and see how much they cry even though they were beneficiaries of PSU being the B1G Champs and getting snubbed a year ago!!!

• Urban crying would be epic to watch.
  • This could quite possibly be the biggest blow out in the history of this so-called rivalry. It'll be interesting to see the reaction of the knife and fork dept. when it comes to this coaching staff. Me thinks this won't go well.
  • Well TK if it is the biggest blowout it would have to be better than 86-0!  I agree things will not go well. I agree with the sister buy the refs and hope for the best.
  • Unless I am missing something I don't see how the offense can generate anything without a QB. Even if Peters comes back he is shell shocked and you have to tailor the game plan to protect him. Hopefully JT will play even worse but I doubt it. Hell I would take John Navarre on Sat that would give UM a fighting chance but I hope I am dead wrong but I just don't see it.
  • edited November 22
    It's incredibly depressing that none of us see any way to beat a team that got routed 31-16 at home by Oklahoma & annihilated 55-24 at Kinnick by a 6-5 Iowa team. 

This tOSU team is obviously very beatable. It's a shame our program isn't in a position to drop another beat down on the Buckeyes this season.
  • uneek1 said:
    Unless I am missing something I don't see how the offense can generate anything without a QB. Even if Peters comes back he is shell shocked and you have to tailor the game plan to protect him. Hopefully JT will play even worse but I doubt it. Hell I would take John Navarre on Sat that would give UM a fighting chance but I hope I am dead wrong but I just don't see it.
    15 years ago tomorrow, Nov. 23, 2002, I got married on the day of The Game (don’t ask, long story....ha).  
    That day, Michigan had a chance to beat those damn Buckeyes, and Navarre just couldn’t get it done.  He was something like 23 of 46.  And even had a chance for a miracle at the end, but no luck.  It hurt bad, still does.
    I’ll never forget that day for many reasons, obviously, but if only John could have could have been a little better it would have been a W.

Go Blue!
  • Gr8Mckay said:
    uneek1 said:
    Unless I am missing something I don't see how the offense can generate anything without a QB. Even if Peters comes back he is shell shocked and you have to tailor the game plan to protect him. Hopefully JT will play even worse but I doubt it. Hell I would take John Navarre on Sat that would give UM a fighting chance but I hope I am dead wrong but I just don't see it.
    15 years ago tomorrow, Nov. 23, 2002, I got married on the day of The Game (don’t ask, long story....ha).  
    That day, Michigan had a chance to beat those damn Buckeyes, and Navarre just couldn’t get it done.  He was something like 23 of 46.  And even had a chance for a miracle at the end, but no luck.  It hurt bad, still does.
    I’ll never forget that day for many reasons, obviously, but if only John could have could have been a little better it would have been a W.

Go Blue!
    Hey, if Jack harbaugh can get married on the day of The Game, you can too!
  • Michigan has it rushed for more than 103 yards against a team with a winning record this season. That will have to change this Saturday if we plan on competing at all.

Go Blue!!