UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

What are your realistic expectations the next 2 week? What do you NEED to see?

Playing 2 Top 10 teams to end the year.

What do you expect this team will do? What do you NEED to see (for those that have lost faith in JH) to change your mind?

Me, personally, I still think JH is the guy we need at the helm. What I WANT to see is a team come out and give 200% and play the role of spoiler to at least one of these teams. If we lose, I don't want to see a blowout. I want to see us silence the critics who say we can beat a team with a winning record. I need to see that this team is prepared and coached correctly.

And for the OSU game.....I NEED to see the passion for this rivalry. That was the killer for me against MSU, Dantonio treated that game like a rivalry......we seemed to treat it the SAME as if we were playing Rutgers or Illinois.

Comments

• Must win one of them, with O$U obviously first and foremost.  If so, go on and win the bowl game and finish 10-3.  Not great but not too bad I suppose.  Lose both?    
  • edited November 16
    My realistic expectation. Not see a bunch of red in the stands Nov. 25th that out number the blue. I saw that a few years ago, it made me ashamed to believe in BLUE!
  • TK23Blue said:
    Must win one of them, with O$U obviously first and foremost.  If so, go on and win the bowl game and finish 10-3.  Not great but not too bad I suppose.  Lose both?    
    I agree with TK, so you know he's right.

I'm willing to accept a competitive loss at Wisky. They've got a ton to play for, Peters is such a young QB playing his first top 10 road game with virtually no receivers you just can't expect much & Nordin well I don't know what the hell is up with him but we're going to need a few FG's in this one to have a shot & I'm not sure he's up to it anymore.

Now as far tOSU; Our loss to MooU & Iowa trampling tOSU made the game as big a "must win" for Harbaugh as is possible in a 3/4 loss season. At some point you have to get over the hump. You have to set all the excuses aside & just go out there & kick someone's a$$. I don't care how it gets done, by 1 point or 30. Just win baby. 

I generally try not to get too far ahead of myself but...Next year we're away at ND, MooU & tOSU with Wisky & PSU coming to the Big House. That sure looks like another 8-4/9-3 campaign. 0-4 against tOSU...yeah Harbaugh's gotta get this one. 
  • Yeah, that should be a sobering thought for the "wait until next year" crowd.  AT ND, AT MSU, AT OSU.
  • I had to go look at that, how the hell are we playing Wisconsin again next year?! That's 3 straight years of the same team from the west! And I'd be fine with literally any other team from the west. How did we end up with Wisconsin 3 straight!!!

Just looked again, we play Wisconsin every single year through 2021! I mean what the Hell?!

anyway, I am in the next year crowd. At that point it is year 4 and the OLine better be good, the WRs better get separation, and we should be competing every single year for the BIG. 

• I had to go look at that, how the hell are we playing Wisconsin again next year?! That's 3 straight years of the same team from the west! And I'd be fine with literally any other team from the west. How did we end up with Wisconsin 3 straight!!!

Just looked again, we play Wisconsin every single year through 2021! I mean what the Hell?!

anyway, I am in the next year crowd. At that point it is year 4 and the OLine better be good, the WRs better get separation, and we should be competing every single year for the BIG. 

It's a joke, if you ask me. The same reason we play MSU and OSU either both away or both at home. Who does the scheduling- each school?
  • Realistic expectations was not to lose our starting QB for the second time this year.
  • Realistic expectations was not to lose our starting QB for the second time this year.
    That's gonna happen when the OL can't protect and gives up too many big shots on the QB.

Go Blue!!
  • He was sacked twice. In relative terms, I thought oline played half way decent compared to past games.
  • IMO he was harassed throughout the game.

What's wrong with playing the best team in the West Division every year?
  • IMO he was harassed throughout the game.
    Exactly. It's not just about getting sacked. It's about being uncomfortable in the pocket and having stress free pass plays. I don't see many stress free pass plays from our offense.

Go Blue!!
  • edited November 18
    I need to see one game in which the ref's don't screw Michigan...

14 of Wisc points came off Drives that were continued on Uncatchable PI calls.....
    2nd and 15 or so ball thrown 8 yards behind the WR called PI because of a little holding that had no effect on his ability to catch

Same thing on 3rd and 5 when the game was within 4

7 came off a Punt return in which our Gunner was tripped and pushed in the back....

Meanwhile 7 of our points are called back because the 75 yo ref is bad at using Instant Replay.

Game could easily have been 24-7 Michigan at that point.......

Michigan Must leave the Big 10 if they refuse to fix the Ref's screwing Michigan... Michigan going Independent or Forming a new Super Conference with ND...
  • edited November 19

There will be positives to come out of all of this. Look at how balanced the B1G has become. We are an 8-win team, with a chance to win a 9th. We still have it pretty good.

• Edub4Blue said:
    I had to go look at that, how the hell are we playing Wisconsin again next year?! That's 3 straight years of the same team from the west! And I'd be fine with literally any other team from the west. How did we end up with Wisconsin 3 straight!!!

It's a problem when Ohio State, Michigan State, and Penn State don't!

the east is brutal enough. Don't need to be adding the only team in the west with s pulse every year. Why don't we get Illinois or Northwrstern every year through 2021 instead. 
  • Edub4Blue said:
    I had to go look at that, how the hell are we playing Wisconsin again next year?! That's 3 straight years of the same team from the west! And I'd be fine with literally any other team from the west. How did we end up with Wisconsin 3 straight!!!

It's a problem when Ohio State, Michigan State, and Penn State don't!

the east is brutal enough. Don't need to be adding the only team in the west with s pulse every year. Why don't we get Illinois or Northwrstern every year through 2021 instead. 
    I like that we get to play a good team from the West every year, but hate that that one game has the potential to screw Michigan’s chances of a B1G, when OSU, PSU, and Sparty don’t.

I do love to whine about how Michigan seemingly always gets screwed by B1G officials. But the B1G has been screwing Michigan football for nearly my whole life.  
    Luckily I was way too young to remember.

The whole realignment with the divisions was a complete joke in the way it handled the Michigan Michigan State match up.  
    They gave Sparty back to back home games.  Why, I’m still at a loss.

Back onto the officiating front, I have broken more remotes from horrendous calls then I care to admit.

I’d love to think that I have selective memory, but I would love for someone to point out when Michigan got the great break that won a game in controversial fashion over another team in the Big Ten?