UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 10: Michigan (#21) @ Maryland 3:30 PM EST on BTN GAMEDAY THREAD

13»

Comments

• I am still waiting for that Harbaugh signature win since he has come back to coach the Wolverines. I'm hoping it's in the next two weeks.

Go Blue!!
  • Me too!  Harbaugh has a great opportunity to play the role of big time spoiler.  It should not be too hard to motivate his team these next two weeks.  Win the next two games and this season goes from another forgettable season to one that was salvaged with two signature wins to end the season.  I hope we see a team that goes out and fights on both sides of the football as opposed to one that rolls over like we saw them do in Happy Valley!

Finish 10-2 with a chance for a New Years Day bowl game with wins over 2 top 10 teams looks a hell of a lot better than finishing 8-4 having not beaten a team with a winning record all season long...

• Jabes0623 said:
    By 5 points. Total. And please, you're not going to blowout the Ohio States and Florida States of the world. 
    Your cherry picking one season out of 15 to make your point. You're conveniently forgetting about all the blowouts over the years. 

As far as not blowing out tOSU tell that to Iowa...& Oklahoma...& Clemson...Please.
    My mistake. I thought we were only talking about Harbaugh's time here. I would argue that since he got here we have had a better killer instinct. 

Yes, Iowa and Clemson blew them out, but those weren't rivalry games. 
  • Jabes0623 said:
    By 5 points. Total. And please, you're not going to blowout the Ohio States and Florida States of the world. 
    Your cherry picking one season out of 15 to make your point. You're conveniently forgetting about all the blowouts over the years. 

As far as not blowing out tOSU tell that to Iowa...& Oklahoma...& Clemson...Please.
    My mistake. I thought we were only talking about Harbaugh's time here. I would argue that since he got here we have had a better killer instinct. 

Yes, Iowa and Clemson blew them out, but those weren't rivalry games. 
    That is a huge key: “rivalry games”.

There is no way OSU was ready for the trap they walked into at Kinnick.  They thought talent would win out, and were handed a dose of reality.  

Same can be said for M last year.  

• Gr8Mckay said: That is a huge key: “rivalry games”.

I'm sure JH is well versed in rivalry games as a player, but so far in his tenure it's seems he treats rivalry week just like any other as a coach.  He's even said countless times that every week is treated like championship week.

His team put up a strong effort against a very good Sparty team in his first year, then rolled over against tOSU, then played a far too competitive game against a terrible Sparty team last year, lost again against (a very-beatable) tOSU, and then this season barely showed up for a night game coming off a bye at home against depleted Sparty.
  • Over the last 16 years we're 2-14 against the Buckeyes. Many of those were absolute blowouts. 

Over the last 10 years we're 2-8 against MooU. Many of those were absolute blowouts. Including back to back years where we had negative rushing yards total for the game. Over -50 yards if I recall. 

There's been 4 different staffs here during parts of that time. Two of the coaches were very highly regarded when they walked in. One was a NC winner on his way out.

Normally I'm not much of a look back & judge this or that kind of person. Every year every team is different. But that just scream institutional problem to me.

Now I'm not saying Harbaugh can't turn this around. Maybe he can, I haven't seen any evidence yet that he can but maybe he's a late bloomer. 

Or maybe we all just need to accept that Michigan football isn't a powerhouse anymore. Maybe 9-3 & beating tOSU once a decade is as good as it gets. 

But sure I hope not.

• Jabes0623 said:
    Over the last 16 years we're 2-14 against the Buckeyes. Many of those were absolute blowouts. 

Over the last 10 years we're 2-8 against MooU. Many of those were absolute blowouts. Including back to back years where we had negative rushing yards total for the game. Over -50 yards if I recall. 

There's been 4 different staffs here during parts of that time. Two of the coaches were very highly regarded when they walked in. One was a NC winner on his way out.

Normally I'm not much of a look back & judge this or that kind of person. Every year every team is different. But that just scream institutional problem to me.

Now I'm not saying Harbaugh can't turn this around. Maybe he can, I haven't seen any evidence yet that he can but maybe he's a late bloomer. 

Or maybe we all just need to accept that Michigan football isn't a powerhouse anymore. Maybe 9-3 & beating tOSU once a decade is as good as it gets. 

But sure I hope not.

Wow....that was depressing. Haha

4-22 vs OSU/MSU of late...geez - such a far cry from our youth.

Go Blue!!
  • Somehow the rivalry games statement about teams losing non rivalry games like OSU did at Iowa turned into a history lesson on Michigan in rivalry games?

As for Michigan’s record in rivalry games in recent history, get it.  The record clear for all to see.  

• Jabes0623 said:
    Over the last 16 years we're 2-14 against the Buckeyes. Many of those were absolute blowouts. 

But sure I hope not.

Wow....that was depressing. Haha

4-22 vs OSU/MSU of late...geez - such a far cry from our youth.

Go Blue!!

very much so. I mean does anyone even know who John Cooper is? I bet not.

I get what he is saying its time to beat the rivals especially when your not supposed to like the old days. That I will say JH needs to do more consistently. Its tough I think the coach for the program is correct now he just needs that signature win to seal the deal.

For some reason I have optimism these next two weeks. Call it blind faith but I have seen somethings over the last few weeks that tell me they have the talent to do it. Where in the past they didn't have the talent to compete.

Hopefully these next two weeks will salvage the season. At least I hope so.