UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 10: Michigan (#21) @ Maryland 3:30 PM EST on BTN GAMEDAY THREAD

Comments

• It is amazing what happens when you have to defend the whole field
  • Just let him manage the game  Scotts no need to give him too much too fast 
  • Looks like they can't get out of their own way in the second half.

Go Blue!!
  • And that's why McCray should not be playing. He can't run laterally.

Go Blue!!
  • Maryland now has more total yards than Michigan and more rushing yards. We look like shit in the second half. The boys mailed it in....

Go Blue!!
  • 3rd quarter was the worst quarter of football all year. No idea what happened during halftime !
  • Harbaugh getting thoroughly out coached by Durkin. 4th string QB lighting up our D and we cannot move the ball against the worst defense in the Big 10. Not the way we want to head into Wisconsin and Ohio State !!
  • edited November 11
    I try to be positive about this program but they sure make it awfully damn hard on a regular basis. 

This is pathetic.
  • Does DPJ know how to catch the ball as a WR?

Go Blue!!
  • Hudson's making me forget all about Pep. Young man is playing some great football & the best is yet to come.
  • Maybe the ugliest 35-10 win I've ever seen. At least we cleaned up the penalties. 

Hope you boys enjoyed this one, gets a lot rougher from here. 
  • A few bright spots - but Maryland blows.

8-4 for sure this year.

We have the best D in the Big 10 and top 5 in the country...all against teams with sub .500 records. Haha

Michigan hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record this year.

9-4 would be a success if we can somehow squeak out a bowl W.

Go Blue!!
  • Jabes0623 said:
    Did I just see Yips Nordin yelling at Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines????
    Shades of Bo.  He would lay into his top players and let them know he wasn’t putting up with anything less than their best.
    If they fired back, he’d push them even harder.  

Notdin is too too good for this crap he’s going through.

Agree about the second half.  That looked like a team coasting, which isn’t a good thing.

All in all the game was over at half, but there are two tough weeks ahead that need this team playing their very best to have any shot of competing.
  • dr81blue said:
    Harbaugh getting thoroughly out coached by Durkin. 4th string QB lighting up our D and we cannot move the ball against the worst defense in the Big 10. Not the way we want to head into Wisconsin and Ohio State !!
    ...this is the kind of crap I can't stand. Harbaugh got throughly out coached by Durkin?! HE WON 35-10!

Now, is there room for improvement? Absolutely. But to say this nonsense, is just nonsense. 

Peters was a little late on a few throws today but overall he was fine. Took the check down when it wasn't there deep. No fumbles and no interceptions. 

The biggest thing is our WRs are really struggling this year. I've been to 3 games so far this year and in all 3 of them far too many times there is just no where to throw the ball. They don't get seperation, and they don't run crisp, clean routes. This has got to be an area of focus this offseason. 

• I think JH took his foot off the gas because he respects Durkin. Up by 4 TDS....... he eased up. Became even more evident when her burned the last 2 min of the game, by taking a knee. We could have easily added another TD there.
  • dr81blue said:
    Harbaugh getting thoroughly out coached by Durkin. 4th string QB lighting up our D and we cannot move the ball against the worst defense in the Big 10. Not the way we want to head into Wisconsin and Ohio State !!
    ...this is the kind of crap I can't stand. Harbaugh got throughly out coached by Durkin?! HE WON 35-10!

Now, is there room for improvement? Absolutely. But to say this nonsense, is just nonsense. 

Peters was a little late on a few throws today but overall he was fine. Took the check down when it wasn't there deep. No fumbles and no interceptions. 

The biggest thing is our WRs are really struggling this year. I've been to 3 games so far this year and in all 3 of them far too many times there is just no where to throw the ball. They don't get seperation, and they don't run crisp, clean routes. This has got to be an area of focus this offseason. 

Thank you BHF couldn’t agree more! They won by 25 and that’s not enough. WTF?!?!?! 

Anyway Peters is coming along good. If issac and higgdon can heal up they have a better chance than they would have 3 weeks ago. Peters needs to complete 10-15 passes that’s it. The running game is good enough to run on the next two teams. If you compete passes it opens up the run. This kid is completing passes and not turning it over what else do you want??

i do agree the WR play is below average at best and that could be the problem moving forward. 

The good news next week is that they are playing a team very similar to their style of play. No way am I saying this team is guaranteed losing the next 2 games. Now if they did I would not be surprised but I can say the same if they win the next two as well. 

This team is on the up this is way better than this was a month ago.
  • uneek1 said:
    dr81blue said:

Thank you BHF couldn’t agree more! They won by 25 and that’s not enough. WTF?!?!?! 

Anyway Peters is coming along good. If issac and higgdon can heal up they have a better chance than they would have 3 weeks ago. Peters needs to complete 10-15 passes that’s it. The running game is good enough to run on the next two teams. If you compete passes it opens up the run. This kid is completing passes and not turning it over what else do you want??

i do agree the WR play is below average at best and that could be the problem moving forward. 

The good news next week is that they are playing a team very similar to their style of play. No way am I saying this team is guaranteed losing the next 2 games. Now if they did I would not be surprised but I can say the same if they win the next two as well. 

This team is on the up this is way better than this was a month ago.
    Well said, both of you.

Go Blue!!

• The biggest thing is our WRs are really struggling this year. I've been to 3 games so far this year and in all 3 of them far too many times there is just no where to throw the ball. They don't get seperation, and they don't run crisp, clean routes. This has got to be an area of focus this offseason. 

We are going to need more than 1 catch for 2 yards from our WRs if we have any prayer of beating Wisconsin or Ohio State!

Go Blue!!

• TGoose74 said:
    I think JH took his foot off the gas because he respects Durkin. Up by 4 TDS....... he eased up.
    I think the concern is that the "best" defense in the conference gave up 340 yards to a fourth-string QB making his first start, mostly by getting exposed by the same plays they've been burned on all year.  Don Brown refutes the "high-risk/high-reward" assessment of his defensive scheme, but it looks more true every week. Yesterday's game was more of what I expected to see from Minnesota than an awful team starting their 4th QB of the season.  They slipped from 2nd to 4th in yards-per-play after that game

The positives were 1 penalty and no turnovers.  I love this team, and I started to wonder why I was spending time watching that third quarter yesterday.  It played out like it belonged on BTN Ocho.

I'm really not expecting a lot in the next two weeks.  This offense is about as vanilla as it gets and they will be facing the #1 and #14 defenses.  I have to hand it to tell 8-4 crowd--I hoped and wanted it to not be true, but it's going to take nearly perfect games to avoid two losses to close out the season.
  • We are going to get our asses handed to us in Wisconsin.  The offense is god awful, plain and simple.  But again, we all kind of knew this going in so what can you do?  Not a huge surprise. (what IS surprising is how god awful the receivers are.  They will need to take a gigantic leap forward this off-season or we may have more of the same next year.)
  • TK23Blue said:
    We are going to get our asses handed to us in Wisconsin.  The offense is god awful, plain and simple.  But again, we all kind of knew this going in so what can you do?  Not a huge surprise. (what IS surprising is how god awful the receivers are.  They will need to take a gigantic leap forward this off-season or we may have more of the same next year.)
    Losing Black was a big loss.  He was the one guy that stretched the field.  

DPJ will be fine.  

McDoom and Crawford have been very disappointing. 

Perry.... just SMH.
  • As I've said a few times this season the most troubling part of this team is their lack of progress. I think if we could somehow play ourselves the team that beat Florida would beat yesterday's team by 2 TD's. 

Yes we lost Speight & Black but injuries are as much a part of football as the helmets. You have to find a way to adapt & overcome. Perhaps there are some good signs in practice that we just don't see. But overall I have zero faith that next year is going to be anything but another 8-4/9-3 campaign with losses to all of our rivals. Mediocre Michigan. 

I'm also concerned by the lack of "killer instinct" & general lackadaisical nature of this program. Not just this year but over the course of the last 15 years or so. It's as though these kids put on the winged helmet & think that's it, they've reached the pinnacle. Everyone seems to want it more than us.   

I dont care if we beat Maryland & Rutgers, I care if we beat tOSU & MSU & Bama & Clemson. And that feels every bit the pipe dream it did 2 years ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago.
  • This team is better than when the season started. The OLine is better run blocking and pass protection is ok. Now the next two weeks will show if the pass protection is really on course if not. 

No killer instinct? This year maybe, but how about last year? 
  • By 5 points. Total. And please, you're not going to blowout the Ohio States and Florida States of the world. 
  • If anyone would have said in August, Michigan would be 8-2 going into the last two weeks of the season, nearly everyone would have said that was about as expected.  In large part due to the youth factor.
    Now add losing your veteran starting QB early, and your backup would only have 1 TD and 5 picks over his 4 starts before moving to your third string QB.
    Most everyone would be a bit surprised by that record considering the value of QB.

I know its been disappointing this year losing to the States, but it’s been a heck of a coaching job, as the kids on this team have continued to play hard.
    This isn’t a veteran team, and the contributions from the young kids have given me a ton of hope for the future.

It’s likely this team will lose the next two, but it doesn’t change my opinion of the state of the program. 

• edited November 13
    Jabes0623 said:
    As I've said a few times this season the most troubling part of this team is their lack of progress. I think if we could somehow play ourselves the team that beat Florida would beat yesterday's team by 2 TD's. 

Yes we lost Speight & Black but injuries are as much a part of football as the helmets. You have to find a way to adapt & overcome. Perhaps there are some good signs in practice that we just don't see. But overall I have zero faith that next year is going to be anything but another 8-4/9-3 campaign with losses to all of our rivals. Mediocre Michigan. 

I'm also concerned by the lack of "killer instinct" & general lackadaisical nature of this program. Not just this year but over the course of the last 15 years or so. It's as though these kids put on the winged helmet & think that's it, they've reached the pinnacle. Everyone seems to want it more than us.   

I dont care if we beat Maryland & Rutgers, I care if we beat tOSU & MSU & Bama & Clemson. And that feels every bit the pipe dream it did 2 years ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago.

If you watched last Sat there are teams losing left and right. There is parity within all conferences trust me think they are real Happy at OSU, or PSU right now? Probably not. Its one game at a time. They are 8-2 and have a realistic shot to win both games. Will they win who knows but I can tell you this I am way more confident going into these next to games with JH than I was with Hoke.
  • I think part of the problem with the lack of contributions from our receivers is the fact that we are on our 3rd starting qb of the year.  It takes time to develop some sort of rhythm and trust between a receiver and a qb and having a new qb ever 2-3 weeks does not help develop that cohesion between them.  Add to the that that we are talking about young receivers and a young qb and that doesn't help either.  And then losing Black really hurt way more than I thought it would but that's because I thought we'd see bigger contributions from the likes of Crawford, Perry and McDoom which has not happened.

• By 5 points. Total. And please, you're not going to blowout the Ohio States and Florida States of the world. 
    Your cherry picking one season out of 15 to make your point. You're conveniently forgetting about all the blowouts over the years. 

As far as not blowing out tOSU tell that to Iowa...& Oklahoma...& Clemson...Please.