UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Tarik Black

Can anyone answer this question, will he be able to redshirt this year 

Comments

• Yes, he will eligible for a redshirt if he does not suit up again this year. The NCAA medical redshirt rule is that the player must have competed in no more than 30% of the season or four games, whichever is greater.

Go Blue!!
  • IIRC, a player needs to exhaust his eligibility before applying for a medical red shirt. 

We hope Black is dominant enough that he will give the program 3 full seasons on the field before getting drafted to play on Sundays, at which point applying for the medical red shirt would be moot.
  • I've heard he'll be back this season.
  • I say good!  He's too good to pretend that he will actually use a medical redshirt.  You can only petition for a medical redshirt once you've used your 4 years of eligibility.  Tarik will be gone to the NFL after 3 years so you might as well use him if he's healthy enough to come back this season!
  • MGoBrew said:
    I say good!  He's too good to pretend that he will actually use a medical redshirt.  You can only petition for a medical redshirt once you've used your 4 years of eligibility.  Tarik will be gone to the NFL after 3 years so you might as well use him if he's healthy enough to come back this season!

zjgm02 said:
    IIRC, a player needs to exhaust his eligibility before applying for a medical red shirt. 

We hope Black is dominant enough that he will give the program 3 full seasons on the field before getting drafted to play on Sundays, at which point applying for the medical red shirt would be moot.

thats after his freshman year. I just wasn’t sure about the amount of time during you freshman year that allows 
    Not as a freshman... we seen it with Peppers... he played in 2 games his true freshman year and got hurt. As a freshman if you play less than 30% of the snaps on the side of the ball you play. If you do not play that amount you can redshirt. It is also a true redshirt and not a medical redshirt. Now after your freshmen year and you get hurt then you have to apply for a medical redshirt 
  • And Peppers still left for the NFL after his true jr year.  Just like Black will if he's good enough... 
  • and Peppers obviously should have stayed another year
  • WolvyMike said:
    and Peppers obviously should have stayed another year
    Or not get picked by the Browns in the draft... :p
  • It sounds like Jabrill had a humble upbringing in New Jersey.  He was given more than 5 million as a signing bonus last summer, so I suspect he's happy with his decision.