UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

WEEK 8: Rutgers @ Michigan 12 PM EST on BTN GAMEDAY THREAD

Will this be the first game our team scores 40 points or are we going to continue to struggle on offense?

Michigan offense ranks:
Sacks allowed - 125
Tackles for loss allowed - 115
Plays of 10yds or more - 95
Scoring offense - 90
Total offense - 98

Michigan opens as a 23 point favorite.

I say this every week but what would you like to see out of our team this week?

Go Blue!!

Comments

• Brandon Peters suiting up at QB.

GO BLUE!

• Edub4Blue said:

Brandon Peters suiting up at QB.

GO BLUE!

I second this.  I've seen enough of the train wreck that is JOK and what does continuing to run him out as the starter do for the future???  He is a 5th year sr and will be gone.  It's time to see what we've got in Peters!!!  

• Hopefully we can build a lead do Peters could play the entire 4th. 

Defense. I want a complete shut down of Rutgers. No TDs, a couple turnovers, and at least 4 sacks. 

Offense...how about a first down? Seriously though, I would love to see the line actually dominate someone. And WRs getting separation and running open. A nice deep bomb for a TD would be great. 

I want this to be easy. 
  • I want to see real, visible improvement in execution from both the O and D. And a lot less penalties. One more thing, no more JOK.
  • Rutgers has won 2 Big Ten games and is improving.  We are going in the opposite direction.  I will take a win and some meaningful time for Peters.
  • Rutgers sucks and we should beat them by 5 TDs.

Go Blue!!
  • Michigan is in a no-win situation because if they look great and blow the doors off Rutgers, everyone will say it doesn't matter because its Rutgers. If they win and don't look great doing so, everyone will complain about how the team is regressing. With that said, it's a fair criticism because of their play this year.

Go Blue!!
  • edited October 25
    Michigan has been regressing since game one vs Florida - we opened the season looking confident with world-class speed on defense ... we looked great! 
    Each game since, we've looked progressively worse - we started fumbling the ball, dropping passes, committing more penalties and giving up big plays left and right as the defense no longer appears so fast and dominating ... why?
    This is not all due to JOK or Speight, the O-line or the wide receivers ... this is a team heading in the wrong direction due to a lack of discipline, lack of player development, stupid play-calling and stubborn coaching.  Har-Bo needs a wake-up call - someone should send him a tape comparing him and Hoke clapping on the sidelines - he's getting paid to do better than this! Note that I am not saying 'fire him' - just fix it.
  • edited October 25
    Boy we have gone off the deep end this week around here
  • What???  You go off the deep end every week - I think I'm just summing up what has transpired over the past 6 weeks ... do you have a better summation?
  • What has transpired the past 6 weeks is pretty much what most of us were calling for in July and Aug.  We were 50/50 on Florida, we all thought we'd beat MSU, and we were convinced PSU was over-rated but were concerned with a road night game (as always.) Florida, MSU, PSU, Wisky and OSU were the games to worry about and 90% of us had this team at 3-4 losses.  Why everybody is jumping up and down and acting surprised all of a sudden is really odd, especially with a 2nd string QB. (Yes, the D getting shredded by PSU was a surprise but it was going to happen eventually).  And the comparisons to Hoke are beyond lame.  For one, Harbaugh isn't losing to Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland etc like Hoke did (in the SAME season) and does anybody think Harbaugh will go 7-13 in his next 20 like Hoke did?  Please.  The bigger complaint (for me) was last year.  The Iowa-OSU-FSU stretch.  Iowa was unacceptable, we took OSU down to the last play, and we beat FSU if Peppers plays instead of protecting himself for the draft.  But this year is pretty much going like everybody thought it would, offense aside.  Stop being surprised and please, stop with the Hoke comparisons because there aren't any.   
  • You can get tickets to the game on Stubhub for 10 bucks........wow
  • GoBlue75 said:
    What???  You go off the deep end every week - I think I'm just summing up what has transpired over the past 6 weeks ... do you have a better summation?
    What! I don't think I've gone off the deep end since the Iowa game last year. 
  • Thought back in August that this would be a 9-3 team, losing to Penn State and some combination of Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio State (upside 10-2, downside 8-4).  Wanted to see improvement in the O-line and the running game.  7 games in I am most disappointed with the MSU loss (zero excuse for that one), lack of improvement in the O-line (regressed from last year), lack of discipline (penalties, turnovers, missed assignments)  and poor coaching (offense and Harbaugh).  Aside from Florida, I cannot point to one game we came out and looked sharper, more physical and better prepared than the team we played (win or lose). 
  • TK23Blue said:
    What has transpired the past 6 weeks is pretty much what most of us were calling for in July and Aug.  We were 50/50 on Florida, we all thought we'd beat MSU, and we were convinced PSU was over-rated but were concerned with a road night game (as always.) Florida, MSU, PSU, Wisky and OSU were the games to worry about and 90% of us had this team at 3-4 losses.  Why everybody is jumping up and down and acting surprised all of a sudden is really odd, especially with a 2nd string QB. (Yes, the D getting shredded by PSU was a surprise but it was going to happen eventually).  And the comparisons to Hoke are beyond lame.  For one, Harbaugh isn't losing to Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland etc like Hoke did (in the SAME season) and does anybody think Harbaugh will go 7-13 in his next 20 like Hoke did?  Please.  The bigger complaint (for me) was last year.  The Iowa-OSU-FSU stretch.  Iowa was unacceptable, we took OSU down to the last play, and we beat FSU if Peppers plays instead of protecting himself for the draft.  But this year is pretty much going like everybody thought it would, offense aside.  Stop being surprised and please, stop with the Hoke comparisons because there aren't any.   
    THIS!

Anyone with half a brain knows you cannot compare Hoke to Harbaugh and similar records at this time do not tell the story. It's amazing what out of town stupid does to people…

Go Blue!!
  • This program has been a Dumpster fire for 10 years. Can we give Harbaugh 4-5 years and a chance to rebuild it before we look for a new coach? I said 4 loses coming into the year, idk why all the panic. The lack of progress week to week is it where the frustration should be. Look at Brian Kelly at ND. No one thought he was going to make it another year.
  • If anyone compares Hoke to Harbaugh, you are a moron.

If anyone thinks there is a better coach for this program right now and wants Jim Harbaugh fired, you are a moron.

Go Blue!!
  • If anyone compares Hoke to Harbaugh, you are a moron.

If anyone thinks there is a better coach for this program right now and wants Jim Harbaugh fired, you are a moron.

Go Blue!!

This!!!  For everyone bitching and moaning about this team falling short of expectations, look at ND.  They were 4-8 last year and everyone was calling for Kelly's head on a platter.  Now this year they are a one-loss team with a decent shot at making the CFB Playoffs.  What, did Kelly just forget how to coach last year and everything came back to him this year?  Same could be said for Douchetonio at MSU.  While I don't think they are headed to the CFB Playoffs, their turnaround from last year is still quite impressive.  

Meanwhile, Michigan has two losses on the season which isn't all that unexpected, yet some of you can't grasp what a young team we have and with young teams come growing pains.  Oh and we don't have a QB either which is a pretty significant position!  You'd think we were going to be 4-8 the way some of you are overreacting?!?!

• Not hard to understand. For most anyway. 
  • Great day for Michigan football.

GOOOOOOO FKNG BLLUUUUUUUUE!

Go Blue!!
  • I've been watching Michigan football for my entire life, I have never seen a Michigan offense this impotent...period.  If Harbaugh doesn't fire Drevno at the end of the season then I may get on the fire Harbaugh bandwagon.  Both Harbaugh and Drevno look like a couple of eunuchs today and pretty much the entire season!
  • Jesus Christ, can Harbaugh stop being a efffin idiot and put someone else behind center please!
  • Good to see the improvement in OKorn week to week. Not. He’s garbage as a qb. It’s inexcusable that he’s the best we have.
  • Drevno is not the problem.

Go Blue!!
  • edited October 28
    Well if he is not the problem then Harbaugh is.  Offense belongs to Drevno and continues to look like shit week after week this season.    
  • Isaacs running well. Let’s bench him.
  • The same 2 guys running the offense last year that averaged over 425 yards per game and 40 points per game are running the offense this year. They didn't just forget how to call plays and run an offense.

Go Blue!!