UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Penn State

Am I the only one getting tired of the hype?
It has shades of ND type from the past, doesn't it? When I read PSU previews, there is little talk of their defense, its all flash bank offensive speak. In fact, is some ways it reminds me of the Michigan Hype prior to 2007 (ugh...the horror)

And since when does PSU have such a talented roster. The narrative coming into last year was that the recruiting limitations where starting to bite, and they had to up their recruiting....now somehow their roster is magically the equal of OSU and Michigan!

Comments

• I definitely feel like they are over rated.  But the fact is, we have to play them in Happy Valley this year and given UM's track record in big games on the road in recent history, that doesn't bode will for Michigan.,.
  • It will be a tough game, but Franklin doesn't have a track record of sustainable success for me to be to bothered.  At Vandy, his record vs top 25 teams was abysmal.  I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to Pitt in week 2

I also think McSorley is vastly overrated.  Dude completed so many jump balls last season, but to read you would think he was out there hitting Bradyesque throws.
  • WolvyMike said:

I also think McSorley is vastly overrated.  Dude completed so many jump balls last season, but to read you would think he was out there hitting Bradyesque throws.

Agreed.  And his receiver that went up and got most of those jump balls is now gone.  

• The media are really pumping up the returning PSU TE as the next big thing.
  • zjgm02 said:
    The media are really pumping up the returning PSU TE as the next big thing.

I saw he was named to the pre-season 1st Team AA by the AP and I was just thinking, my god, will this PSU hype train ever end???  I'm surprised they didn't name McSorely as their 1st Team QB????  Hell, just name every starter for PSU to the 1st team while their at it?!?!