UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Najee Harris (2017 RB, Antioch (CA) Antioch) (Alabama Signee)

http://247sports.com/Player/Najee-Harris-62925

Someone had to finally make this thread....

#1 Player in the Nation on 247. Alabama Commit.

Officially visited Michigan a few weeks back. Rumors have been circulating like wild he loved it and its now torn 50/50. Even wearing Flip flops in the snow and laughing about it.

Kid is the complete opposite of most kids he has a twitter with 4 posts that he only made when he committed to bama... Kid doesn't do interviews (last interview he did blew up into a media storm because he said he wasn't 100% Bama yet) Kid is very private didn't even do anything when he first committed to bama. No video no Nothing. Most believe he won't even announce his commitment to Michigan or reaffirm his commitment to Bama at the AA game like originally thought.. Most assume he will just call the coaches and then show up on Campus to either Bama or Michigan in 2 weeks as an EE..

Now Alot of Michigan insiders have became very hopeful in last few weeks. Word was going around his mother who is planning to move to wherever he goes to school and had originally been getting help in finding a job in Tuscaloosa. Had Inquired to Michigan Networks about Finding a job in Ann Arbor for if her son Decided to flip. 247 has had some people flip their Crystal ball to Michigan and there has been a couple of Stalker Snapchat Pictures from his Snapchat of him wearing Michigan gear in the last few weeks Including a Picture of his Family at Christmas Eve Where he is decked out in Michigan gear. that has helped fuel this hope.

This is the kind of kid that turns into a Cook.. Lets hope he decides to go blue in 2 weeks.

Comments

• This is the kind of athlete we need to make the playoffs. The kind who can make game changing plays. We need 10 more Peppers type players on the roster.

I think we have 1 in Gary and 1 in DPJ but you need multiple to win the national championship.
  • Announcing his final plans at AA game this coming week.

Go Blue!!
  • Posters over at some other boards are pretty confident he is going Blue.
  • edited January 2

Posters over at some other boards are pretty confident he is going Blue.

On scouts There was an article today in which he is quoted as saying.

“I’m still committed to Alabama, but I will know for sure by Saturday where I’m going to go,” said Harris. “I’m not going to announce anything during the game or anything like that. I’ll just know where for sure I’m going. I know I’m going from San Antonio to college.”

The problem with that thought is if he was 100% bama he would just say it and no one would bat an eye.. all the Media he hates would end and it would be over. the fact is that he is keeping this going.. and the longer this goes on the more its looking like we are still in it. and its looking more and more like He wants to wait till the last moment because if he Flips to Michigan he will have every camera in his face with this Shocker.... If he flips to us as he is on an airplane flying to Michigan. We can shut down all Media once he is on campus and its over.... No huss no Fuss.

I think he Flips Blue.
  • Also to add There is talk from USC insiders. (Najee was projected to USC originally and was trending that way for a long time)

Anyways there is talk from them that Najee's Mom has never liked the Idea of him going to Bama. and that their sources say that is still the truth. She wants him to go to a more academically focused school. She loved USC and now is in Love with the idea of him at Michigan.
  • I have a hard time believing he will flip from Alabama to Michigan.

Go Blue!!
  • edited January 2
    another thing that keeps coming up is Bama returns ALL RB's next year.
    Damien Harris and Bo Scarbrough are both Sophmore.

Good chance Damien Harris is lead back in 2017 and Najee would see 0 play time behind 3 guys.

2018 Most likely Scar would come back if he's not r1 splitting time with Damien meaning
    Bo Scarbrough Senior
    B.J. Emmons Junior (#30 recruit last year #2 RB out of HS) Showed some talent in garbage minutes this year.)
    Najee Harris Sophmore

So there is a chance he would have to wait till 2019 to be Feature back.

The feeling around Najee is he wants to be a 3 and out kid.. He has NFL ambitions.
    Going somewhere where he can get reps as a Freshman and become Feature Back from year 2 on like Cook/Fornette is something that interests the kid and is one of the only reason's he has kept looking around when he has the Football Factory waiting for him to sign. We saw it this year with the #1 2017 QB transferring out of Bama. Going to bama is always a risk that you will get Buried behind First Round Draft picks and never break through even if your a First round Pick yourself.... Bama's Backup RB put up 180 yards on Washington. Their 3rd string true Freshman Averaged 5 YPC albeit mostly in trash time... They are stacked 3 Deep with potential first round picks at RB right now.

In the end its all speculation till he signs on the dotted line. We find out Next Saturday/Sunday.
  • As much as kids look at the depth chart and see who's there, they all think they can come in and play right away. It doesn't matter who is in front of them so I don't see that being a big deterrent for Harris.

Go Blue!!
  • edited January 2
    Sam Webb has added Najee Harris to the Best Guess List.

and is now quoting a source close to the family that told him last month that Najee Directly said at the start of this whole thing.

"I'm not going to decommit because I don't ever want to deal with Alabama fans. He said, ‘if I ever decommitted... I'm just going to go somewhere. I'm not going to ever decommit because I don't want to deal with that.”

He was holding back that info while things played out and Its playing out EXACTLY like the source last month told him. and That combined with other things he is hearing is leading the belief that Najee will be a Wolverine.

No "Gut Feeling" yet. but adding him to the BGL is a big step.
  • How thin-skinned is this kid if he's worried about backlash from random fans he's never met?

Buck up son!

Go Blue!!
  • edited January 2

How thin-skinned is this kid if he's worried about backlash from random fans he's never met?

Buck up son!

Go Blue!!

I mean is it as Much thin skinned as just he doesn't want to deal with shit he doesn't have too..

Michigan fans told Mike Webber to never step foot in detroit again with threats against his life... Got forbid what they said to Blake O' Neil.
    OSU fans blasted their kicker yesterday threatening his life.... for going 0-2.....
    Bama Fans have done even worse on kids that flipped.....

People are immature idiots when sitting behind a computer screen. This kid has been one of the weirder #1's in history... He doesn't like Media, he doesn't like interviews...
    He is the College version of Marshawn Lynch. He just wants to get on that field and Crank. Anything that is a distraction to that is just that.... a Distraction. He is a Machine built for Football not Media...

Thats why I'm so Optimist of this one. Everything that has been coming out on this kid is 100% that he just wants to get on the field and rock. The fact that all he had to do is Reconfirm his commit to Bama and all the media ended months ago all the talk all the requests for interviews.... There has been feelings for months Even Before Michigan got involved that he would not end up at Bama look at his Crystal ball it never got above 30% for Bama. Where there is Smoke there usually is Fire...
  • edited January 2
    And If I'm wrong I Still get to watch him win 1-3 Natty's with Bama who I also actively root for. #rolltide
  • 2017 Bama QB commit Tua Tagovailoa says he thinks he's rooming with Harris next week.

Go Blue!!
  • 2017 Bama QB commit Tua Tagovailoa says he thinks he's rooming with Harris next week.

Go Blue!!

He said he hopes to room with Harris.
    To be fair, his brother said he hopes that Najee picks Michigan over Bama
  • “I believe I’m rooming with Najee,” Tagovailoa said of his possible Tuscaloosa roommate.

Go Blue!!
  • edited January 4
    Am I the only one that thinks Goblue88 should either be banned or at least forced to change his SN to GoblueWhenitsConvenient88 or GoblueOnlyWhenMichiganisWinning88 for openly admitting to "actively rooting for" a team other than our Wolverines. Just a thought I had after seeing his last post here and no one else addressed it.

GO BLUE!
  • Edub4Blue said:

Am I the only one that thinks Goblue88 should either be banned or at least forced to change his SN to GoblueWhenitsConvenient88 or GoblueOnlyMichiganisWinning88 for openly admitting to "actively rooting for" a team other than our Wolverines. Just a thought I had after seeing his last post here and no one else addressed it.

GO BLUE!

I still say the biggest loss when the forum went to the new GUI was the Ignore feature.
  • edited January 4
    Edub4Blue said:

Am I the only one that thinks Goblue88 should either be banned or at least forced to change his SN to GoblueWhenitsConvenient88 or GoblueOnlyMichiganisWinning88 for openly admitting to "actively rooting for" a team other than our Wolverines. Just a thought I had after seeing his last post here and no one else addressed it.

GO BLUE!

I believe I posted a picture on her of my TV with a Michigan and Bama hat sitting on my TV when they played the season opener years ago..

I've rooted for bama for 10 years. and Ive said it here before.I have Family that lives like 30 minutes away from Tuscaloosa and would send me gear.. Although i'm fully a Michigan fan and as you can see every Saturday even during Rod and Hoke I was still posting here. My dream game is a Michigan Bama National Title.... Which we should have had this year. TBH though ive spent alot of time lately with LSU fans.... and my allegiance to Bama has slowly waned into calling bama fans arrogant pricks. 100% blue though :P

by the time 2017 rolls around I might just be rooting for Maize Blue and a bit of purple.

Go Blue
  • Zig it would be great to hit the ignore button on Jabes!! Hey SDB can you look into that??
  • Zig it would be great to hit the ignore button on Jabes!! Hey SDB can you look into that??

Bring back the pink box of death! We need it now more than ever.
  • I'll start cracking skulls and see what I can do…

Go Blue!!
  • Bama QB commit Tua Tagovailoa told 247Sports today that he and Harris will board the same plane from San Antonio to Alabama.

Go Blue!!
  • Harris response.. "What plane?" Well find out Saturday.
  • They used to track flight patterns for coaches during a search...now people are tracking recruits fight patterns - craziness....haha

Go Blue!!
  • Just read that rumor has it that he has requested his flight be changed from Oakland to Birmingham (from the AA game). Thought this kid didn't like the drama/games?

GO BLUE!
  • At this stage don't care anymore