UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Election 2016: Good News, Bad News

Comments

• You're sick of the liberal BS? I'm sick of the neo-con BS. So now what? And you keep saying "you lost" when I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. We all lose every 4 years but you're walking around blind without a cane. And good on ya'; it's fine with me.
  • UMWingedHelmet 2
    Yogi & BooBoo 0

Raking ZJ over the appliance version of cash for clunkers coals was the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum. Top 1-2% of income in America & worried about $14 for his old dryer, LMFAO!

Trump winning the Presidency may or may not shake out to be the best thing for America in the long run. I believe it will but only time will tell for certain. However there is no doubt it was a much needed kick in the gender neutral microscopic crumbs of so many snowflakes in America, including a few here. And yea yea I know you're both centerists & blah blah blah. Maybe in CA. but everywhere else you're liberal loons.

America had completely lost its way under Obama. The political pendulum always swings back & forth in extremes. The PC, snowflake, white-guilt, race baiting, welfare state, whiny celebrity, big daddy govt crowd became so intolerable & so loathed that Trump became inevitable. You've got no one to blame but yourselves for what has happened.

God bless America & Donald Trump. MAGA!
  • Same to you ole mate!

How are you feeling about H.R. McMaster as NSA? I think it's his best pick by far (so far) as McMaster has the respect of just about everyone on both sides. Only concern would be that McMaster has no problem telling those above him what he thinks and what he thinks of them so he may butt heads with Trump. But if they can work together McMaster should be excellent. You?
  • Trump's got something for everyone to like or dislike; however, the bluster and humor of his personality is so unique that he makes it easy for critics to angrily scope in on his policies....as if they're the problem. They aren't. Trump's policies are a mix of fairly traditional things. Even his immigration stuff isn't really that new. And we forget that Obama deported a ton of people, and so on.

Trump is the most human creature ever to hold this office. He's you and me. When he insults someone, he's often joking....the same way we joke in lunch rooms and in baseball game bleachers. He exaggerates, and talks trash. As a New Yorker, this is what you do: you confront, jab and slap, sometimes wrongly, then smile and forget about it.

But despite the relatively benign nature of Trump's political motives....the media and the left are recasting him as a profound evil. On the other side, you have the hardcore cheerleaders for Trump accepting everything as 100% correct. Meanwhile, there's folks like me, wondering if reality falls somewhere in the middle of all this. The good news is....nothing is ever as bad as it seems. And nothing, alas, is as great as it seems.

Trump is doing what presidents do (he just scares the sh*t out of the left, which iis funny to watch. Sure, the rollout of the immigration ban is/was perhaps a setback, but it had more to do with a liberal court and a hastily written action that gave the opportunity to shut it down. The deportations of criminals is portrayed by the MSM as an attack on innocent lawful immigrants (I saw so many shots on CNN of weeping mothers, as if we were deporting only infants), even though Obama did the same thing. It's similar to the attempt to prevent terrorists from coming in, when that's portrayed as an attempt to block all Muslims. That somehow illegal immigrant criminals are no different than lawful immigrants, and terrorists are no different than Muslims. That's actual bigotry.

Step back, take a deep breath....and you'll see a president turning a ship around. It scares the opposition and unsettles his allies. It's not even a dramatic one, but it feels this way because of his personality. The same problems he had during the campaign, are the same issues of personality, not policy defects.

Go Blue!!
  • Very well thought out. Excellent post, Scottsdale but don't look for the left or MSM to ever ease up on the Donald.
  • He's like you and me? Not quite. He's a pathological liar, a complete narcissist, a sociopath, requires constant praise and stroking, must have an enemy of some type even if it's made up, cannot differentiate between reality and fantasy, and can barely string together a coherent sentence let alone spell the words correctly. So he may be like someone we know but someone we know is not THE PRESIDENT. He can roll whatever policies he wants-some I agree with, some I don't-but put him into a scenario that requires knowledge, education, understanding, and reasoning (like foreign affairs) and he proves over and over and over that he's as qualified as a 10th grader. (and I'm being harsh on 10th graders) Do we really need to run down the list? Throw in the fact that he's in bed with Russia and yeah, he's pretty much not like us. Christ, his own party is whispering impeachment behind his back but they don't have the sack to stand up to him. Meanwhile, Pence & Co. have to constantly contradict and correct everything he utters and tweets. Get this nut job out and put Pence in and watch all the protesting end tomorrow. (Pence just needs to run Section 4 of the 25th Amendment, get 2/3 of the congress vote-which wouldn't be a tough sell- and voila! He's acting president.) But for now we're stuck with the village idiot. A very dangerous idiot at that. Give me Mike Pence all day long.
  • edited February 2017
    TK23Blue said:

Oh c'mon Bob. You're being a tad sensitive here. Who cares about the political opinions of people on a forum? Especially when there's no football to talk about. We've been down this road before and I always enjoy reading your posts so don't take any of this too seriously. You and I are M fans first-the rest is just chatter.

Thus, TK, in his own words, said to NOT take any of this too seriously as this is just CHATTER. Typical liberal double speak!! lol!!

One question. Do you know DT personally, have you been in his company or are you letting the MSM form YOUR opinions? Sure sounds like it to me.

Btw, have any of you EVER said one positive or nice thing about DT, ever?

• Btw, have any of you EVER said one positive or nice thing about DT, ever?

Yeah he will only be around for 4 years! Well maybe that long.

Your posts are always so profound. How do you come up with them??

• We'll see if going after recreational weed materializes, or if it's just more mixed messages to distract from what 's really happening.
  • I can see the two extremes (Trump-hate and Trump-love). The frothing Trump-haters’ extremism turns whatever criticism they have for the guy into mere parody.

Likewise, the Trump lovers contaminate any real achievements by Trump because they say EVERYTHING is an achievement. After a while, they're gonna pull a muscle.....haha

Go Blue!!
  • TK23Blue said:

Oh c'mon Bob. You're being a tad sensitive here. Who cares about the political opinions of people on a forum? Especially when there's no football to talk about. We've been down this road before and I always enjoy reading your posts so don't take any of this too seriously. You and I are M fans first-the rest is just chatter.

Thus, TK, in his own words, said to NOT take any of this too seriously as this is just CHATTER. Typical liberal double speak!! lol!!

One question. Do you know DT personally, have you been in his company or are you letting the MSM form YOUR opinions? Sure sounds like it to me.

Sigh. In order-
    Still a football forum, still just people's opinions. How you choose to respond or feel about that is up to you.
    Know Trump personally? Why would anybody need to? Just listen to the bat sh** crazy stuff that comes out of his mouth. And yet Trumpleton's always want to blame the MSM for what comes out of his mouth when all they have to do is turn on a microphone. But somehow the actual words coming out of his mouth are "fake news"???? It's beyond laughable but you have Sean Hannity leading you around so it makes sense I suppose.
    Positive thing? Yes, I liked his choice for NSA and we have the best looking First Lady of all-time. There you go-two nice things in one sentence.
  • zjgm02 said:

We'll see if going after recreational weed materializes, or if it's just more mixed messages to distract from what 's really happening.

For sure but the fumbling of the ACA is the one they can't distract from. We've gone from 'repeal' to 'repeal and replace' (but that actually requires a replacement plan and apparently 7 years isn't enough time) to now 'repeal and repair'. And it would have been so simple with one simple statement from the very beginning: 'There are parts of the ACA that work for people but there are parts that don't. We'll be focusing on the parts that aren't working to improve them and make it better for all'. Done and done, drop mic, everybody is on-board. But instead we get to watch the backward moon walk out of all the tough guy talk the past 6 mos. My god, even Cryin' John Boehner is chuckling at this notion and that takes a LOT.
  • edited February 2017

You are my role model! They are about as profound as yours stating that you knew how much income we make per year! LOL! I am just trying to keep it light, that's all! How about those Indians??

• If you read between the lines here, we're a lot more alike than we are different, but media in many shapes, forms and sizes encourages us to focus on the differences because that's how they remain relevant. Not unlike the two-party system.

Question who is telling you what, and what they may have to gain in you believing it.

Weez all broes, broes (except jabes).
  • TK, Lol You still believes (R) vs. (D) is a thing in DC? You must have just woken up to American politics. In this case it's very much US vs. them & Trump, flawed as he is, is with us.

Trump as the village, idiot? Seriously? A man whos made billions & runs a business empire that has few rivals painted as an idiot who can barely string together a sentence? Yeah you're clearly objective & rational.

The left wouldn't protest Pence? What? The left has gone so completely mad they riot if ANY conservative even speaks at a college. They burn down entire neighborhoods if a white cop shoots a black man who just robbed a store & is trying to steal the Cops gun so he can kill him with it. Basically the left throws a few 100,000 $ fit everytime the breeze blows in a way they don't like. Won't protest Pence. Honestly, are you that dim?

Like I said in an earlier post, you've never been right. Your streak continues. At this point you're completely embarrassing yourself.
  • edited February 2017
    ZJ I find the breadth of your butt-hurt over me incredibly amusing. So horribly offended by a few words on a screen typed by a stranger who you know nothing about. Such a delicate little flower you are.

You are my role model! They are about as profound as yours stating that you knew how much income we make per year! LOL! I am just trying to keep it light, that's all! How about those Indians??

Indians look good umgb14. Nice change of direction-well done sir. :)
  • Yea but you know me.........Go Tigers!
  • This is so great. Let me weigh in on the contributors to this thread:

ZJGM- Benevolent while sometimes malevolent, but always quick-witted. And a die hard Flyers fan. (Had a beer with him and his lovely wife before a Ducks-Flyers game here in So. Cal. Solid dude and a bro.)
    Scottsdale- My brother-in-arms. The one guy who always seems to text me just at the right moment during a Tiger game or a Michigan game. Grabbed a beer with him too when he was in So. Cal and he's exactly like he is on this forum. (A closet Trump fan but that's ok, I love him anyway as he's rational. ;)
    UmGoBlue14- Could be the one poster I've never disagreed with. Keeps everything short & sweet and to the point and bleeds BLUE. Huge Red Wing and Tiger fan too so it's impossible not to love this guy.
    UmWingedHelmet- He hates me but I enjoy his posts (even the political stuff.) Die-hard M fan and very knowledgeable in the recruiting world (the guy knew Bo Schembechler-what more can you say?) Set in his ways but that's ok-that's what makes the world go round. Love ya' Bob.

And then we have Jabes. A millennial trapped inside a 10-yr. old mind who jumps up and down pulling on the pant leg of the adults in the room, wanting so desperately to repeat something he heard his mom say. Hopefully he'll let us know when his balls finally drop. Maybe then somebody will actually listen to him.

Keep it real boys-you're the best.
  • Yep you got me just not much of a talker---and HATE talking politics, just want what is best for our country. Also like the Pistons but basketball is no. 4 to me, while the Lions are........well everyone knows about them!
  • edited February 2017
    You forgot one in your synopsis TK, no worries though I'll pick up your slack.

TK, completely irrational hatred of a Donald Trump. To the point he has lost all objectivity & would find a way to crush Trump if he found a cure for cancer, invented a longer lasting light bulb & painted TK's mobile home for free all in the same day. Completely incapable of defending his position in anyway when challenged. Flaming closeted liberal.

But getting back on track...

All major stock indexes continue their tear.

More criminal illegal aliens being deported. Obama deported 2.5 million tear free somehow just in case you've forgotten.

Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel praises Trump's EO's stabilizing Obamacare.

And somewhat overlooked, but after their crushing defeat at the hands of Trump the DNC is sprinting further left. No matter whether Tom Perez or Keith Ellison are announced chair the DNC loses which means America wins.
  • Well TK, I'm offended I wasn't even included in this conversation even though I'm obtuse!
  • Well TK, I'm offended I wasn't even included in this conversation even though I'm obtuse!

Ha ha! Sorry bro-not my intention. I was just referring to the gang on these last few pages. And you're far from obtuse.
  • You gotta include Jabes. He's really a good man and, like me, he's from Ohio and hates the Buckeyes. After all, this IS a FOOTBALL forum!!
  • Thanks for the kind words UMWingedHelmet.

But I'm a-ok with those two cry Sallies Jabes induced river of butt-hurt. I can assure you that neither my feelings nor self-worth are wrapped up in an internet forum & its members. I find their faltering attempts to insult me, & their thin skin, highly amusing.

Their feelings towards me aren't mutual, I don't hate or even dislike either of them. They are a matter of complete indifference to me. I do find their stance on this subject completely asinine & have had great fun pointing out the stupidity & ignorance of many of their statements, especially TK's. I actually agree with some of what ZJ has posted.

Hopefully this thread carries on for 8 years. It would be an incredibly boring world if we all agreed on everything.

As the kids say, haters gona hate:)
  • edited February 2017
    Looks like it's time to get Wyatt, Doc, et al!! lol!!
  • Any missteps on the Sunday morning shows that are going to distract people for the next few days?