UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Election 2016: Good News, Bad News

Comments

• Lol 3 years into Harbaugh's tenure & you're still telling us all he needs more time.

Like they say some people just don't get it!

• Lol 3 years into Harbaugh's tenure & you're still telling us all he needs more time.

Like they say some people just don't get it!

You might want to re-read his post.
  • I think he's referring to the fact that somebody made the ignorant suggestion that we compare a football coach to the President of the United States.

• I assume you graduated from UM and I know you're an intelligent guy so how in God's name can you think the last 8 years were so good

I re-financed my house under HARP2 probably 5 years ago, saving about $300 every month on my mortgage payments, bought a new washer and dryer under the appliance version of "cash-for-clunkers", and went from the top 10-15% in household income to top 1-2%. The last eight years were GREAT to me, and I didn't even vote for Obama. Go back and read about what a mess Obama inherited because if you want to talk about 8 years of sh!t recently, W is the presidency to focus on. Trump supporters seem to have zero recall back to 2008.

I don't expect reason and facts to change your mind because reason and facts didn't make you support Trump. He's a used car salesman who discussed zero specifics for his potential administration on the campaign trail, and his campaign website was also just a collection of broad strokes.

Zoom out a little and try to be as objective as possible and think about what your reaction would've been if Obama had held a press conference like the sh!tshow we saw on Thursday. Literally BEGGING for softball questions, with no grasp on the issues whatsoever. (A grown man--of 70 years--accused a reporter of not asking a fair question.) I suspect you would not be defending Obama had he behaved that way, which means you are doing nothing more than rooting for a jersey.

Politics is not be a sport.
  • edited February 2017
    TK23Blue said:

I think he's referring to the fact that somebody made the ignorant suggestion that we compare a football coach to the President of the United States.

Lol. I wasn't comparing a coach to the POTUS. I was illustrating the asinine hypocrisy you display in expecting anyone to be highly proficient at a task they've only been doing for 3 weeks. When you are a vocal advocate for giving someone else more time to get things corrected when they've been employed at their current job for 3 years & been in their profession for decades. Especially when one job, football coach, is considerably less complicated than the other.

I see I'm going to have to break out the paper & crayons for you & your little cheerleader for the remainder of this thread.
  • This conversation is for adults. Go to bed, you're a child.
  • TK23Blue said:

This conversation is for adults. Go to bed, you're a child.

I see the truth really disturbs you. No surprise, people with an overcompensating ego the size of yours never do handle being proven wrong well. It's cute that you actually believe you have some power over me & are trying to prove it by telling me to go to bed. Let me know how that works out for you.

I gave you too much credit TK, I actually expected you to make a balanced well reasoned argument. Instead all I've gotten is narcissim on grand scale from a horribly insecure little man flopping around like a fish out of water desperately seeking to save face & escape back to his safe space. Though it's quite entertaining, it's mostly sad. You'd actually rather see America fail than face the reality that you were wrong. It doesn't get much more pathetic than that.

Nice Obama meme. Who was POTUS in '08? Donald Trump? Nope, so once again you have nothing of substance to add about the topic at hand. Just another faltering attempt to distract & deflect. Cookie cutter predictable...
  • zjgm02 said:

I assume you graduated from UM and I know you're an intelligent guy so how in God's name can you think the last 8 years were so good

The last eight years were GREAT to me, and I didn't even vote for Obama. Go back and read about what a mess Obama inherited because if you want to talk about 8 years of sh!t recently, W is the presidency to focus on. Trump supporters seem to have zero recall back to 2008.

I don't expect reason and facts to change your mind because reason and facts didn't make you support Trump. He's a used car salesman who discussed zero specifics for his potential administration on the campaign trail, and his campaign website was also just a collection of broad strokes.

Zoom out a little and try to be as objective as possible and think about what your reaction would've been if Obama had held a press conference like the sh!tshow we saw on Thursday. Literally BEGGING for softball questions, with no grasp on the issues whatsoever. (A grown man--of 70 years--accused a reporter of not asking a fair question.) I suspect you would not be defending Obama had he behaved that way, which means you are doing nothing more than rooting for a jersey.

The past 8 years weren't nearly as bad as Trump likes to distort. (I went with Obama the first time around and then McCain the 2nd. Something about the old guy got to me. I still like him for some reason.) And yes, his press conference was a complete circus and he can't handle the most basic questions but hey, it's only been a month. Give him some time! Time to do what? When he bumbles and fumbles the most basic things what will he do when things actually get complicated? Oh, I know. He'll run off to Florida and campaign again; throw his dwindling base a little red meat. He's got that part down but apparently the small details like actually governing don't fit within his attention span.
  • Correction-McCain the 1st time, Obama the 2nd. Need some coffee.
  • Have we reached the point when we should "all get tired of winning" yet?
  • Well I see we've switched gears to Obama's economy.

I suppose if you compare it to GW Bush's unmitigated disaster it's not so bad.
    By the #'s, since WWII, Obama's economy ranks 8 out of 12. By any standard that's not good. However when you focus a little harder & consider the massive advantages Obama had with quantitive easing, zero % interest rate, corporate stock buy back programs on a scale never before seen & the fact that the unemployment books were cooked until black...

The Obama economy was only slightly above disaster level. Of course we still haven't reaped all the fruits of Obama's labor; I imagine by the time it's all said & we'll find Obama's economy was really 11 out of 12 with only W's being worse.
  • zjgm02 said:

I assume you graduated from UM and I know you're an intelligent guy so how in God's name can you think the last 8 years were so good

I re-financed my house under HARP2 probably 5 years ago, saving about $300 every month on my mortgage payments, bought a new washer and dryer under the appliance version of "cash-for-clunkers", and went from the top 10-15% in household income to top 1-2%. The last eight years were GREAT to me, and I didn't even vote for Obama. Go back and read about what a mess Obama inherited because if you want to talk about 8 years of sh!t recently, W is the presidency to focus on. Trump supporters seem to have zero recall back to 2008.

Unbelievable!! You refinanced your home under HARP2 and saved about $300 a month and were able to buy a new washer/dryer for the cash for clunkers program!. I don't blame you but I resent the fact that we average Americans who are retired or nearing it are getting 0-1% interest annual interest on our CDs, IRAs, etc. due to the Fed's decision to use QE years ago and OUR taxes are paying for your good fortune (?) I went into the market about 3 years ago after becoming weary of getting 1% interest and lost my butt. I don't have the years left to make up for my huge losses so, yes, I'm one hell of a lot worse of than I was 8 years ago. It's frickin' sad when you get excited because you can get an instrument for 2%!!

And the real kicker, zjm, is when you have the audacity to say you are in the top 1-2% of American wage earners!!!!!!! Why in the devil do you even have a mortgage? If you are truly in the top 1-2% of wage earners, that would mean your income is over $300,000 annually. I really don't think the top 1-2% have mortgages. Maybe 5-6 homes throughout the world. And You have the unmitigated gall to tell ME to try to be as objective as possible as you and TK are so married to the Dems and believe everything the MSM and far left write it's really rather sad.

Oh, frankly W didn't have as bad a record as Obama's economy. Obama will be the first president in modern times NOT to have at least ONE year of 3% GDP growth!!!

And whoever said that Trump's voter's are leaving in droves simply don't know what they're talking about. I think with all the sh!t (as you say) he's been through, they are more closely aligned than ever behind him.

And, finally, without any help from the Dems in Congress allowing a new president to choose his cabinet, Trump is moving along swiftly in trying to accomplis what he promised in his campaign.

How about YOU cutting him some slack since he has been in office for only a month and going up against a myriad of "Trump Haters" who well probably act like the SORE LOSERS they are his whole 4-8 years in office. By the way, who IS funding these protests??

One final note: The main responsibility of the POTUS is to keep this country SAFE. Obama led from behind and our military is in huge need of new and MORE hardware if we are ever to regain our position as leader of the FREE WORLD!

• Funny we are in the same bracket 1-2 % of wage earners and have a mortgage and live fairly comfortable with savings etc. and never lost our butt! Didn't you say you were in the banking profession and retired? HMMMM????
  • A big part of Trump’s winning campaign strategy was to argue that the liberal media was backing Hillary and that it failed to recognize the concerns of Trump and his supporters. Trump has a connection with his voters that most politicians don't. People really believed they would lose the country if Hillary won because Americans had fears about the direction in which the country was going.

Now, as far as Dems and Repubs go, the Democratic party is a minority regional party now. The Democrats in the 10 states that Trump won by double digits will vote with the Republicans to save their seats--or not--and the 2018 election will shift the Senate more to the Republicans.

The Democrat party got trounced in this election and in addition to both the President and both the U.S. House and Senate consider the following--the depth of defeat is astounding: Republicans are now in control of a record 67 (68 percent) of the 98 partisan state legislative chambers in the nation, more than twice the number (31) in which Democrats have a majority. That’s more than at any other time in the history of the Republican Party. They also hold more total seats, well over 4,100 of the 7,383, than they have since 1920.

Next year, the GOP will control both legislative chambers in 32 states - an all-time high, while Democrats will have total control of just 13 state legislatures. In 24 of the 32 states with Republican-controlled legislatures, voters have also elected Republican governors. In contrast, Democrats have a political trifecta in just 6 states.

The Dems picked up a few seats in the House and Senate but the Democrats control nothing--and have been sliding for eight years.

Everyone here is right, this is just the beginning....

Go Blue!!
  • edited February 2017

Funny we are in the same bracket 1-2 % of wage earners and have a mortgage and live fairly comfortable with savings etc. and never lost our butt! Didn't you say you were in the banking profession and retired? HMMMM????

Yes, and I haven't had a mortgage since the 1970s. Conservative you know. Maybe you should look it up.or stick to football and baseball.

I seriously doubt you are in the top 1-2%. If you are, your fellow Dems hate you!! lol!

Oh, btw, to me losing my butt is $5-6000. Again, conservative you know.

• Top 1 – 2% is all relative to what state you live in too. Top 1-2% in Kentucky ($260K), Illinois ($410K) Arizona ($300K), Connecticut ($650K), etc… They all differ and nine are even close to the average per state. For example, the top 1 percent in Michigan make $309K, but the average income of the top 1% is $833K.

Go Blue!!
  • edited February 2017
    Hmmmm you must know what everybody makes now? I doubt it. We are in that bracket and live below our means and like you conservative with our money. Helps that we invested in so many different areas, diversification it is called, LOOK IT UP. BTW I am not a Dem I tend to vote for who I think is the best person for the job. Now I can get back to baseball and football, LOL.

• And the real kicker, zjm, is when you have the audacity to say you are in the top 1-2% of American wage earners!!!!!!! Why in the devil do you even have a mortgage?

I didn't magically get a better job when Obama was elected. I spent a lot of his eight-year term stagnant from Cheney's trickle-up economic policy of making defense contractors stinking rich. My house will be paid off in probably a year-and-a-half or so (thanks for worrying).

you and TK are so married to the Dems

I don't know what TK's party affiliation is (he said above he voted for McCain), but I'm not a Democrat (read the OP for crissakes). I realize that doesn't align with the marching orders that the pundits you watch on TV and listen to on the radio give you ever day, but the whole problem with this country is the two parties who run the show are engaged in perpetuating the fact that they run the show while most americans settle for table scraps.

With a lifetime of experience you should know better than to be manipulated by people who don't have your best interests in mind, but to each his own.

• edited February 2017
    zjgm02 said:

And the real kicker, zjm, is when you have the audacity to say you are in the top 1-2% of American wage earners!!!!!!! Why in the devil do you even have a mortgage?

I didn't magically get a better job when Obama was elected. I spent a lot of his eight-year term stagnant from Cheney's trickle-up economic policy of making defense contractors stinking rich. My house will be paid off in probably a year-and-a-half or so (thanks for worrying).

you and TK are so married to the Dems

I don't know what TK's party affiliation is (he said above he voted for McCain), but I'm not a Democrat (read the OP for crissakes). I realize that doesn't align with the marching orders that the pundits you watch on TV and listen to on the radio give you ever day, but the whole problem with this country is the two parties who run the show are engaged in perpetuating the fact that they run the show while most americans settle for table scraps.

With a lifetime of experience you should know better than to be manipulated by people who don't have your best interests in mind, but to each his own.

WHO are you 3 trying to kid that you 3 are not Democrats. Through the years I've never heard you say one positive thing about a Repub. Never.
  • Top 1 – 2% is all relative to what state you live in too. Top 1-2% in Kentucky ($260K), Illinois ($410K) Arizona ($300K), Connecticut ($650K), etc… They all differ and nine are even close to the average per state. For example, the top 1 percent in Michigan make $309K, but the average income of the top 1% is $833K.

Go Blue!!

I agree to a point but when the liberals are complaining about the top 1%, it is always the national average.
  • Hmmmm you must know what everybody makes now? I doubt it. We are in that bracket and live below our means and like you conservative with our money. Helps that we invested in so many different areas, diversification it is called, LOOK IT UP. BTW I am not a Dem I tend to vote for who I think is the best person for the job. Now I can get back to baseball and football, LOL.

Hey, bud, I am very well set and I don't need someone to tell me "to look it up."

• Pretty simple Bud then don't tell me to look it up! Funny you can say it but I can't?

• Through the years I've never heard you say one positive thing about a Repub. Never.

I've never said anything positive about Democrats either. Shared my own personal experience to offer a contrast to propaganda being parroted maybe, but I'm no cheerleader. Democrats are as in bed with wall street and defense contractors as Republicans. Both parties create the illusion they are different because of a few social wedge issues, all the while selling the American people down the river to make themselves and the mega-rich richer.

I would say only the American voter is dumb enough to think a billionaire is the right guy to give this country back to the people, but it's similar in a lot of countries, so it's a people issue not an American one.

I know, I know: "Trump is rich and not beholden to anyone". Sure he is...except that he got rich playing the current game, not in a vacuum. His debtors, creditors, investors, and business partners all know how to play the current game, why would they want that to change? Trump has a bunch of ex-Goldman Sachs lizards in his admin, and mega-rich folks or career politicians in other key spots, but yeah I'm sure that's just a coincidence.
  • I will agree I don't like all the Goldman Sachs people but even more upsetting is the number of GOP who are very much against him such as John McCain and Lindsey Graham. Plus, Ohio Gov John Kasich just blasted him over getting rid of Obama Care.

As they say, "Keep your enemies close and your friends closer!"
  • Btw, for all of you who think that the FNC is totally pro-Republican, you should have seen Chris Wallace rip into Reince Priebus. He was brutal and I, in fact, would tell Wallace to kiss my arse.
  • zjgm02 said:

Through the years I've never heard you say one positive thing about a Repub. Never.

I've never said anything positive about Democrats either. Shared my own personal experience to offer a contrast to propaganda being parroted maybe, but I'm no cheerleader. Democrats are as in bed with wall street and defense contractors as Republicans. Both parties create the illusion they are different because of a few social wedge issues, all the while selling the American people down the river to make themselves and the mega-rich richer.

I would say only the American voter is dumb enough to think a billionaire is the right guy to give this country back to the people, but it's similar in a lot of countries, so it's a people issue not an American one.

I know, I know: "Trump is rich and not beholden to anyone". Sure he is...except that he got rich playing the current game, not in a vacuum. His debtors, creditors, investors, and business partners all know how to play the current game, why would they want that to change? Trump has a bunch of ex-Goldman Sachs lizards in his admin, and mega-rich folks or career politicians in other key spots, but yeah I'm sure that's just a coincidence.
    Agree 1000%. Dems love to sell themselves as "the working class" party (and it used to work but apparently not anymore) but they're the same bunch of millionaires, just with a different disguise. At least the Republicans are somewhat upfront about the fact that they don't give 2 shits about anybody but their rich buddies. And Trump is not a Republican vs Democrat argument for me. I just don't like mentally unstable people running my country. It's really that simple. The rest of it is the same story it's been since forever-those with the gold make the rules. The rest (like us) can fight it out. But the fact remains, NONE of these people have our best interests in mind. Ever. The real magic is the fact that both are able to get people to fight and defend them to the death. Personally I just enjoy revvin' up Republicans-it's so insanely easy.
  • The illusion of political dichotomy.

So if I'm understanding you two correctly basically what you're saying is politicians, both (R) & (D), are the problem in our political system. Which I agree with fully just for the record. But now that we FINALLY managed to get someone who isn't a politician at all into the Oval Office you two are doing nothing but bitching, complaining & obstructing?????

Genius.
  • Btw, for all of you who think that the FNC is totally pro-Republican, you should have seen Chris Wallace rip into Reince Priebus. He was brutal and I, in fact, would tell Wallace to kiss my arse.

Seriously!? They exist solely to lug the water for the GOP so yes, 100% pro-Republican. Do we really need to revisit the stack of e-mails from Roger Ailes to John Moody at Fox, telling him how to spin each story everyday? And he was proud of it and never hid from it. It's a joke and a complete farce. With that being said, it doesn't mean all of them are pro-Trump, at least not to the disgusting, slobbering, lips-to-ass level of little Sean Hannity. That's an entirely different debate. To even call them "news" is hilarious, but then again the one's crying about fake news are the ones who are best at creating it so Trump and Fox are a perfect match.
  • edited February 2017
    TK23Blue said:

Btw, for all of you who think that the FNC is totally pro-Republican, you should have seen Chris Wallace rip into Reince Priebus. He was brutal and I, in fact, would tell Wallace to kiss my arse.

Seriously!? They exist solely to lug the water for the GOP so yes, 100% pro-Republican. Do we really need to revisit the stack of e-mails from Roger Ailes to John Moody at Fox, telling him how to spin each story everyday? And he was proud of it and never hid from it. It's a joke and a complete farce. With that being said, it doesn't mean all of them are pro-Trump, at least not to the disgusting, slobbering, lips-to-ass level of little Sean Hannity. That's an entirely different debate. To even call them "news" is hilarious, but then again the one's crying about fake news are the ones who are best at creating it so Trump and Fox are a perfect match.
    Can't face the facts can you TK? I saw it yesterday; did you? And while on a cruise and having to watch CNN, I found myself and my wife getting nauseated over the pro spinning of ANY Democrat and the pure hatred toward Trump and anything Republican.

I'm really sick of all the liberal BS on this thread. Frankly, thank God there is a conservative station out there so people can see both sides of the story.

Btw, GET OVER IT!! YOU LOST!!!