UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Remember Dylan Moses...the 8th grader who was recruited by LSU?

Well, now he's at IMG Academy and he wants to be offered by some school in Ann Arbor.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=75507

Go Blue!!!

Comments

• edited February 2016

And this again is the one thing that ive not liked about Harbaugh so far This kid has a offer sheet as large as god but yet were not on it? The lack of focus on underclassman is disturbing when recruiting against the "Big Boys" like I said in another thread as it stands today Bama has 7 top 200 commits for 2017, OSU has 6, FSU has 3 of the top 85 Michigan doesn't have one within the top 300.

I know its all bullshit till they sign on NSD and kids are easy to flip late and half those kids won't go where they are commited now but for some of those kids the Loyalty factor is what wins... The you recruited me as a Sophomore and ive known you for 3 years vs this guy from michigan comes in with 4 months left?. Hope to see more Junior offers in the next year especially when were talking about top 15 kids.

• No chance we pull that cat from the south...

Go Blue!!
  • This was the most important year for JH and the staff…it was pivotal we pull in some talent to boost what will be the backbone of our team moving forward. We signed guys who can be impact guys from day 1 and help with depth, etc…

Meyer’s 1st full class consisted of dudes like Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliot, Vonn Bell, Jalin Marshall, J.T. Barrett, Eli Apple, Gareon Conley, etc…and that was basically the backbone of the NC team. In contrast, Hoke’s 1st full class had Devin Funchess....haha

If we bombed out on the 2016 class, the 2017 class would not matter because these coaches would not be around to coach them. We don't have the luxury like Alabama and Florida State and Ohio State the past couple years who have won national championships to look too far ahead in recruiting talent. Basically, they are picking and choosing whoever they want because of their past success.

The only way Michigan was going to start getting 2017 kids was with a strong season last year and a strong recruiting class for 2016. We accomplished both of those so that should really help us fill out our class for 2017 and allow the coaches to begin looking at 2018 and get ahead of the curve like those other schools you mentioned assuming we continue to have success on the field.

Kids were not going to commit to a program with the uncertainty that was going around Ann Arbor. They finally saw the proof on the field and I expect a strong 2017 class.

Go Blue!!
  • ScottsdaleBlue said: No chance we pull that cat from the south...

But, SDB, maybe that's one of the reasons why Harbaugh is having practice at his school.  (I really love this idea of satellite camps.  LOL!!)

Go Blue!!! 

• Well if he has interest...then its ok to offer. Some of these southern kids could care less about get northern offers..trust me living down here probably 1 out of 3 it wouldn't matter. They would rather got to Florida Atlantic or Troy or USF than go to a northern school. 

• ScottsdaleBlue said: No chance we pull that cat from the south...

Yep.  Looks like the protypical 'Bama back who wins a Heisman his junior year.  We can make all the offers we want-no way we're getting him. 

• ScottsdaleBlue said: Kids were not going to commit to a program with the uncertainty that was going around Ann Arbor. They finally saw the proof on the field and I expect a strong 2017 class.

This.  The reason schools like FSU, Alabama and OSU have 13 commits out of the current top 85 is because they have also won the last 3 NC's.  They are known winners and are known programs that get kids to the League.

As Scottsdale said, Michigan is on its way to getting to that point of being a known winner and a known program that gets players to the League.  There were some key things that needed to happen in Harbaugh's first year to help jumpstart the momentum to return the program to prominence.  First was a successful season on the field.  Ten wins in year one and a beatdown of the SEC East Champs in our bowl game checked that box.  Bringing in a strong recruiting class was another thing that needed to happen and bringing in the 5th ranked class checked that box.

I'm not going to stress because we don't have any commits from the top 85 commited to us yet.  That will come.  We still aren't all the way back yet and I think this year will be key to getting that ball steamrolling forward.  We put down another strong season where we are in the hunt for a B1G Championship and in the conversation for the CFB Playoffs, the recruits will follow.