UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Comments

• At this point even with Gary It would be hard for us to keep #1 just due to the fact that we are like 10th in Average player rating. We are #1 becasue we have more commits than other schools right now who have a higher average. I expect us to finish in the top 5-6 but #1 will most likely not be us.

• Agree.  1 is almost impossible regardless of Gary.

• Why would you say that we have the #2 class on all sites... If we get Gary no way we're not #1 unless someone is able to flip like six 5* players to one team
  • edited January 2016
    Edub5942 said: Why would you say that we have the #2 class on all sites... If we get Gary no way we're not #1 unless someone is able to flip like six 5* players to one team

Site ratings go off of Points. you get X points for top 200 guys X points for 5 star/4 star/ect...

These points are used in a formula on certain sites but NOT divided by # of recruits although it does factor in but as you can see by recruit average Not significantly.

Now lets look at commit numbers via 247 (although I prefer scouts myself)

#1 LSU 20 commits 269.73            (Average Commit points 91.45)

#2 Michigan 24 commits 260.81     (Average Commit points 89.09)

#3 Ohio State 18 Commits 260.05  (Average Commit points 91.22)

#4 FSU 18 commits 256.61           (Average Commit points 90.67)

#5 ND 22 commits 254.65             (Average Commit points 89.36)

#6 Georgia 16 recruits 252.72 (Average Commit points 92.00)

#7 Ole Miss 20 recruits 251.36 (Average Commit points 90.10)

#8 MSU 19 recruits 248.93 (Average Commit points 89.74)

#9 Florida 26 Recruits 246.73 (Average Commit points 87.54)

#10 Alabama 17 recruits 242.76       (Average Commit points 90.71)

We are 9th out of the top 10 in average commit points per recruit.
    Once every school outside maybe ND,Florida and MSU gets 5-6 more recruits to equal our total they will pass us on 247. Scouts and Rivals and ESPN are all the same boat. Now if we get Gary and some of these other high 4 stars we are in on I fully Expect us to end up in the top 3-5 Given that we are taking a 27+Man Class and that we Already have taken our lower tier players and are really only holding scholarships for 4 star recruits that we think are coming.

Alot of these others schools are in on the same kind of 4 and 5 star recruits for NSD too so outside of another 5 star flipping to us and us Dropping a couple kids who are lower ranked I don't see us # 1. But I trust Harbaugh on why he is taking a 2 star and an unranked kid. If he see's something in them then lets Go but you will never win a #1 recruiting spot when taking kids who are 2 star and lower and we have 2 of them Committed atm

Edit I guess both Richardson and whatever other kid got their 3rd stars each Richardson was 2 star when he Committed and we had another kid who was unranked at the time.