Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

UM and B1G hockey Looking Westward

Arizona State has decided to go big-time, and become a full D1 hockey program. Ongoing discussions are happening with the NHL Coyotes and various municipal entities about a new place for both teams to play. There is even a Facebook page called "Bring the Coyotes to Tempe."

You know that there's momentum and critical mass when the newspaper of record from the self-styled "State of Hockey" does a feature:

http://www.startribune.com/arizona-state-sees-sunny-hockey-future/362118721/

Suddenly, the prospect of seeing UM hockey in my back yard seems to be a distinct possibility.

Comments

• ...and I have my tickets in-hand for November 4th, on the UM attacks x2 blue line. What a watershed day that will be for college hockey in my local market, as well as on cable TV (BTN, Pac12). The best-kept secret in North American sports is getting out remarkably fast.

• Well obviously this thread is just overflowing with content. So l am happy to add some. Being a friday and not much on TV l watched Michigan vs Minny in hockey. Now as a black man we do not watch hockey, but l will root for the Red Wings and Michigan. It was great seeing the team win and Yost was rocking.... l guess from the announcers its been a long year, but the team is really young. I did hear that the future look good. So good luck Ice Wolverines....