UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UM and B1G hockey Looking Westward

Arizona State has decided to go big-time, and become a full D1 hockey program. Ongoing discussions are happening with the NHL Coyotes and various municipal entities about a new place for both teams to play. There is even a Facebook page called "Bring the Coyotes to Tempe."

You know that there's momentum and critical mass when the newspaper of record from the self-styled "State of Hockey" does a feature:

http://www.startribune.com/arizona-state-sees-sunny-hockey-future/362118721/

Suddenly, the prospect of seeing UM hockey in my back yard seems to be a distinct possibility.

Comments

• ...and I have my tickets in-hand for November 4th, on the UM attacks x2 blue line. What a watershed day that will be for college hockey in my local market, as well as on cable TV (BTN, Pac12). The best-kept secret in North American sports is getting out remarkably fast.

• Well obviously this thread is just overflowing with content. So l am happy to add some. Being a friday and not much on TV l watched Michigan vs Minny in hockey. Now as a black man we do not watch hockey, but l will root for the Red Wings and Michigan. It was great seeing the team win and Yost was rocking.... l guess from the announcers its been a long year, but the team is really young. I did hear that the future look good. So good luck Ice Wolverines....