Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Thoughts on Jim Harbaugh and Michigan

I, too,  was crushed by the one-sided thrashing to Ohio St. Saturday.  It was very evident that they had considerably more talent than we did.  But, as the pain has worn off, I have been and will always be a Michigan Wolverine.  Greatest school in the country with tradition to back it up.

I think we are VERY fortunate to have Jim Harbaugh as OUR coach.  Give JH another year or two to catch up in talent and we will be fighting toe to toe with the Buckeyes every year for supremacy not only in the B1G but nationally.  Seriously, can anyone think of another HC he or she would rather see leading UM?  I certainly can't.  I know ole Gramps here has been watching UM football into my 7th decade and I love 'em as much as ever!

Go Blue!

Comments

• I was born in Dec of '69, right into the Schembechler era. For 36 years, Bo cast his powerful shadow over this program.
    When he passed away, the heartache crept in with four straight heart wrenching losses.
    For a period in '07, Michigan returned. Then again in 2011, we had a taste of the old days.

My son was born in June, 2008. This is his first year of being a full blown Michigan fanatic..... which is perfect timing as Harbaugh ushers in a new generation of Michigan football.
    I was happy to take my son to his first game at the Big House against Oregon State, also Harbaugh's first home game.
    My son was hooked on everything about the game day experience. Even as the cold and rain came in, we weren't leaving a second early.
    Each week he has become a stats and ranking savant. Love it!

I'm proud and happy of what Michigan was able to do this year. I also look forward to the years ahead and the joy of a new generation of Michigan success and greatness, done with the highest standards and class.

Go Blue!
  • We've got the right coach and for the first time in YEARS, there cannot be a debate about this.  All we've done is complain about the coaching staff for the last 10 years (or even beyond as Carr had plenty of critics) but I'm done with that.  It's down to the players now and it's on them to get it done.  They couldn't ask for better coaching (NFL experience across the board), the greatest stadium ever, national TV coverage every game, the greatest uniforms ever, great facilties, and playing for a program with more history and tradition than any program on the planet.  This is no longer about coaching (finally.)  It's simple for me: if Harbaugh can't get it done then it can't be done.  Eventually it comes down to the 11 guys on that field so it doesn't matter if your name is Saban, Meyer, or Harbaugh.  Half the battle is finally over-now we just need the other half and that is talent.  But it's coming.

• TK23Blue said: We've got the right coach and for the first time in YEARS, there cannot be a debate about this.  All we've done is complain about the coaching staff for the last 10 years (or even beyond as Carr had plenty of critics) but I'm done with that.  It's down to the players now and it's on them to get it done.  They couldn't ask for better coaching (NFL experience across the board), the greatest stadium ever, national TV coverage every game, the greatest uniforms ever, great facilties, and playing for a program with more history and tradition than any program on the planet.  This is no longer about coaching (finally.)  It's simple for me: if Harbaugh can't get it done then it can't be done.  Eventually it comes down to the 11 guys on that field so it doesn't matter if your name is Saban, Meyer, or Harbaugh.  Half the battle is finally over-now we just need the other half and that is talent.  But it's coming.

Drop that mic; you've said it, brother!

• TK23Blue said: We've got the right coach and for the first time in YEARS, there cannot be a debate about this.  All we've done is complain about the coaching staff for the last 10 years (or even beyond as Carr had plenty of critics) but I'm done with that.  It's down to the players now and it's on them to get it done.  They couldn't ask for better coaching (NFL experience across the board), the greatest stadium ever, national TV coverage every game, the greatest uniforms ever, great facilties, and playing for a program with more history and tradition than any program on the planet.  This is no longer about coaching (finally.)  It's simple for me: if Harbaugh can't get it done then it can't be done.  Eventually it comes down to the 11 guys on that field so it doesn't matter if your name is Saban, Meyer, or Harbaugh.  Half the battle is finally over-now we just need the other half and that is talent.  But it's coming.

GREAT analysis, TK.  Totally concur.

• Couldn't agree more with winged and TK!!!  Well said!