Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Morris?

So am I guessing Big Will is better than Morris?  Would love to see how will throws the deep ball.

Comments

• Yeah....kinda figured that one out last month.

Go Blue.

• Shane "Hegone" Morris.......it's a family name.

• why is he redshirting though? we have Gentry and O'Korn and Brandon Peters ready to hopefully next year make a 3 way competetion for the starting spot or atleast O'korn start then lead into Gentry vs Peters. Unless Harbaugh told Morris stay around one year and ill sign your release to wherever you want to go and redshirt you so you get 2 years at your new school. (anyone know if he is close to graduating????)

• I would imagine if he is to transfer he will graduate spring 2017 and then transfer as a grad student so he can play the next season without having to sit. Like Rudock did here. 

• Excuse my ignorance BHF, I'm a hs drop out. So, if he graduates in spring '17, does that mean he has to sit out this season and next season, then transfer? 

• Here is a break down:

2015: redshirt 

2016: can play

April 2017: graduates from Michigan 

2017: free to transfer as a graduate student and play immediately using his last year of eligibility 

• I'm still at a loss here can someone please tell me what they have seen from Morris to continue to warrant this type of attention.... Think of this he was aa 5* recruit untilhe got to camps with other 5*s and all-star games was less than subpar pushing to end up with 4*s .... He's had a few starts in which he throws wild hard but wild... I have yet to see anything that would make me say hey he needs to be our guy....besides if he was the man Harbaugh would have played him and for him to let someone come in and beat him out in 3 weeks of camp should tell you all you need to know
  • Goblue88 said: Unless Harbaugh told Morris stay around one year and ill sign your release to wherever you want to go and redshirt you so you get 2 years at your new school.

This would seem to be the most likely scenario, as of right now. If Shane could not rise to the top of the current group, there is nothing that would suggest his ability to do it in a deeper pool of QB talent, which we are expected to have, next year. A release that gives him 2 years of right-away eligibility, while giving him another year of the Mighican Difference away from football might hold some appeal for a guy with no ambitions beyond this level of football.  

• It was reported during the Rutgers game that Morris went to the coaches and asked to be redshirted if he was not going to play this season.

Go Blue!!

• It would appear that our own tinfoil hat club has sniffed out the truth.

ScottsdaleBlue said: It was reported during the Rutgers game that Morris went to the coaches and asked to be redshirted if he was not going to play this season.

Now, the real question becomes, where do we think he will play, next year? My backyard team has a 5th-year senior slinging the ball, and has been a huge disappointment, in 2015 (after having been labelled a playoff team, in August). It could very well be that Shane Morris will be a Sun Devil, in 2016. Of course, the real fun might be in him pulling a Ruddock, and going to a conference or division rival.

• Lord Hearteater said: Now, the real question becomes, where do we think he will play, next year? My backyard team has a 5th-year senior slinging the ball, and has been a huge disappointment, in 2015 (after having been labelled a playoff team, in August). It could very well be that Shane Morris will be a Sun Devil, in 2016. Of course, the real fun might be in him pulling a Ruddock, and going to a conference or division rival.

he can go play under Brady Hoke at Maryland. :P

• Whatever Morris decides to do, I respect and wish him the best.

This kid has faced a lot, with the debacle of the Minny game last year and a inept coaching staff sending his concussed brain back out onto the field.  Thank God nothing else happened.

He also has faced a new coaching staff come in and sing his praises only to pull the rug out and start 'an outsider'.  Not saying I disagree with the decision.

As far as I know, he's gone through all of this without any public drama queen bullsh!t, which is rare in this day and age.

He appears bright eyed and proudly wears the Maize and Blue uni with respect for The Team.

He may not be the best QB, but I'll give the kid a ton of credit and respect.  Again, wish him well.