UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

Question for the board- topic idea

Was thinking about starting some threads in the recruiting forum with a list of the targets at each individual position. For instance the thread title would be 2016 QBs targets, 2016 TE targets, etc. It would include film breakdown of each of Michigan's targets at the position along with a general list of the pecking order. When new prospects are added the thread would be updated. Would this be something the board is interested in? Is it redundant with each player already having their own profile? If this is something the board would be interested in, I would be willing to start the series. Thoughts?

Comments

• Was thinking about starting some threads in the recruiting forum with a list of the targets at each individual position. For instance the thread title would be 2016 QBs targets, 2016 TE targets, etc. It would include film breakdown of each of Michigan's targets at the position along with a general list of the pecking order. When new prospects are added the thread would be updated. Would this be something the board is interested in? Is it redundant with each player already having their own profile? If this is something the board would be interested in, I would be willing to start the series. Thoughts?
  • If a few more are interested I will start sometime next week with the QB position. 
  • I'm intetested.

EF is the honorary Rectuiting Forum leader so what does he say?

Go Blue!!
  • Thread locked.

Sincerely,

EF

J/K (smile:)
  • I'm in. I think it'd be interesting to have the postions listed, then the recruits within those positions. Plus, it's something different, and I like change. Good idea UMWolverine.
  • I am an information whore- therefore, I am 100% in favor of this happening.

Go man, go!!! [:D]
  • #3 RB DeMario McCall committed to O$U tonight. That gives them 3 of the nation’s top 4 RBs in the 2016 class. Kareem Walker is #1, McCall is #3, and George Hill is #4.

We have 1 commit.

Awesome!

Go Blue!!
  • Still a long way until signing day... 

• #3 RB DeMario McCall committed to O$U tonight. That gives them 3 of the nation’s top 4 RBs in the 2016 class. Kareem Walker is #1, McCall is #3, and George Hill is #4.

We have 1 commit.

Awesome!

Go Blue!!
    We have 2 commits Dele' Harding & Erik Swenson.

It's not really fair to try to compare our 2016 class with Ohio State. Their staff has been in place for 3 years and they're coming off a NC. We have a brand new staff and are starting from scratch for the most part. It's still March, there's PLENTY of time.
  • I wonder how Mike Weber feels about all those RBs coming in next year...
  • For the record, I think we`ll get several commits once the spring game dust settles. By Monday or Tuesday of next week I`d expect us to have added a few guys, if not Saturday itself.

We have 1 commit.

Awesome!

Go Blue!!
    We have 2 commits Dele' Harding & Erik Swenson.

It's not really fair to try to compare our 2016 class with Ohio State. Their staff has been in place for 3 years and they're coming off a NC. We have a brand new staff and are starting from scratch for the most part. It's still March, there's PLENTY of time.

I agree, it's not fair to compare them and I think our recruiting class will be a direct result of what we see on Saturdays this fall. I don't expect many commits before then.

By the way, O$U's staff has not been in place for 3yrs. They've lost Herman and Vrabel and Drayton, etc. They're winning on the recruiting trail because they're winning on Saturdays in the fall and they have a better story to tell.

Go Blue!!
  • I'm just trying to figure out what Urban is putting in the punch down there. Three feature QB's (one of which could have easily transferred out) and they all stay. Now three of the top 4 RB's in the 2016 class. 

I'm not sure if he's trying to be the new Kentucky basketball program, or what lines he's feeding these guys. Perhaps he's got his staff completing Scientology audits on these guys and shaming them into coming to and sticking with the program.

One QB and one (perhaps two) RB's are on the field at a time last I checked. Not sure Alabama even pulls this off.  Someone's got to tell these guys that there are other schools out there where they could actually be a featured back.
  • This staff is throwing offers out to anyone and everyone in the 2016/2017 classes (even a couple in the 2018 class) but haven't gotten much in return. They still have a lot of ground to make up in the recruiting world because just about the entire staff has been out of the "college game" for quite some time now. The name Harbaugh...history of Michigan...and the plethora of NFL experienced coaches are getting us into EVERY kids house, but until these kids actually see tangible results on Saturday's...we won't move the dial very much.

Go Blue!!
  • There is a 2016 kid in GA, Andrew Tarver, who's father wants him to go to Michigan pretty bad.  Kid is lukewarm right now but that is mainly because Michigan has not shown a ton of interest.   6'2, 290lb DT who has been working with former pro linemen.  Might be worth this staff's time to give him a look.

GO BLUE!
  • I think it's gonna take one major recruit (like Rashan Gary) to open the flood gates. It's just a matter of time.