UMGOBLUE.COM

Jim Harbaugh Thread

1789101113»

Comments

• I don't see this as a rebuild job. The talent is there. We are going too see what a difference a great coaching staff can have. We are going to see passion and excitement from the players on the field, something that has been missing for quite some time.

How many wins in '15, BHF?
  • I thought that I would go my entire lifetime without having to say this, but after this presser, I have to admit that........
    .......I have a mancrush!
  • Sept. 3 - at Utah (Thursday)
    Sept. 12 - Oregon State
    Sept. 19 - UNLV
    Sept. 26 - BYU
    Oct. 3 - at Maryland
    Oct. 10 - Northwestern
    Oct. 17 - Michigan State
    Oct. 24 - Bye
    Oct. 31 - at Minnesota
    Nov. 7 - Rutgers
    Nov. 14 - at Indiana
    Nov. 21 - at Penn State
    Nov. 28 - Ohio State

Go Blue!!
  • This team still doesn't possess elite talent, however it does posses superior talent to 9 teams on that schedule. The outlier being Penn State which though slightly inferior in terms of talent will be played on the road & it's going to take a little while to shake the road struggles that haunted this program under Hoke. As such I think 8-4 is a reasonable expectation.

However since we have absolutely no idea who will be QB it's very difficult to make an accurate prognostication. I wouldn't be surprised, or too disappointed if we went 6-6. Nor would I be too surprised if we went 10-2. Just too many unknowns at this point.

I'm much less concerned about the W's & L's next year than I am about the attitude, effort, & development of the team. If the team that takes the field against OSU is vastly superior in those aspects than the one that took the field against Utah I'll consider the season a success.
  • JH is gonna make Morris an AA wait and see! That's my jsj "Bold prediction of the year" (2015 version)
  • Jabes0623 wrote:

This team still doesn't possess elite talent, however it does posses superior talent to 9 teams on that schedule. The outlier being Penn State which though slightly inferior in terms of talent will be played on the road & it's going to take a little while to shake the road struggles that haunted this program under Hoke. As such I think 8-4 is a reasonable expectation.

However since we have absolutely no idea who will be QB it's very difficult to make an accurate prognostication. I wouldn't be surprised, or too disappointed if we went 6-6. Nor would I be too surprised if we went 10-2. Just too many unknowns at this point.

I'm much less concerned about the W's & L's next year than I am about the attitude, effort, & development of the team. If the team that takes the field against OSU is vastly superior in those aspects than the one that took the field against Utah I'll consider the season a success.
    I read in a article yesterday PSU has 41 players on their roster right now on scholorship.... If they have as much talent as us something is wrong.  I think with harbaugh PSU is a win. and we go 10-2 or even better if we pull an upset of OSU
  • I am not going to even try to predict next years season record................but I am willing to make one bold prediction.......... Our team will be incredibly physical compared to previous years. I mean INCREDIBLY in your face physical. I hope Dantonio has some different tricks up his sleeve for sparty's sake, because UM won't get pushed around anymore.
  • I caught that too Scottsdale, skipped right over RR lol. I'm glad that for the first time in YEARS, we as a fan base, are together again.
  • At least 9 wins, and I'm always the "impossible to tell how tough a schedule is before September" type. 

And upsetting OSU shouldn't be too tough either. Hoke almost did it twice when our program was in shambles. Good coaching goes a long way. 

• I couldn't be happier!!

What if u struck the powerball all by yourself at 9 figures?
  • JH took less money and wanted the rest for asst. coaches. That will tell you a lot. At least it does me.
  • I still firmly believe as well that this is NOT a rebuilding job. 8 wins at least from this team.

The past few seasons have been like having a huge pile of dry hardwood sitting at a campfire with nothing to ignite it, but all the potential in the world to be one hell of a fire.

Harbaugh = gasoline + the match.