UMGOBLUE.COM

Jim Harbaugh Thread

Comments

• What's the chances of GMatt staying on with a harbaugh led team? Hell he worked for his brother. Surely there's a spot for him somewhere.
  • J know what else was cool. Yesterday watching all the NFL pregame shows and hearing them talk about Michigan and seeing our logo. Great publicity for all the young kids watching games and maybe reconsidering the university now.........can't pay for that type of publicity.
  • Goblue88 wrote:

Harbaugh is having so much Fun with this 49'ers press conference. If your not watching it live make sure to find a youtube of it later. 

Here's the link.
    [link]
  • jsj_297 wrote:

What's the chances of GMatt staying on with a harbaugh led team? Hell he worked for his brother. Surely there's a spot for him somewhere.
    I think GMAtt will retire.   I think he said Hoke was his last coaching job
  • jsj_297 wrote:
    What's the chances of GMatt staying on with a harbaugh led team? Hell he worked for his brother. Surely there's a spot for him somewhere.
    Quit asking about GMatt.  He and his late-game prevent defense can now go out to pasture now in peace.  You can still use that jack-off GIF anytime you like as there will be plenty of contexts in which it's still germane...as long as BHF keeps posting on the board.  Kidding.  Sort of.
  • zjgm02 wrote:
    jsj_297 wrote:
    Quit asking about GMatt.  He and his late-game prevent defense can now go out to pasture now in peace.  You can still use that jack-off GIF anytime you like as there will be plenty of contexts in which it's still germane...as long as BHF keeps posting on the board.  Kidding.  Sort of.

May I also request permission to reuse the Borges pic with his triple chin and big smile as needed too?
  • what a great day. UM is finally getting the coach it has needed since Carr left. 8 Mil has a way to heal old wounds.

I saw in some earlier posts that UM is in for a re-build. Might I add this isn't a rebuild like with RR. They have pieces on O but granted need a lot more. Def is solid and needs some minor tweaks. All in All its not going to take long and I am guaranteeing an win over OSU in 2015.

I predict CFB playoff team in 2017!!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

• We can close this forum and get back to our really scheduled programming.

Welcome home Jim!

Go Blue!!
  • I think Spielman pegged Michigan right in the couple of games he did color on this past season. With the exception of a couple of positions, the talent is there- it was the execution (and some injuries at key positions) that got them. Throw in poorly run routes, bad blocking schemes, blown coverages and most of all, lack of development.

We are in dire need of a quarterback, but take a look at what we do have coming back:

Running backs: D. Johnson, Green, Hayes, Smith- oh and Ty Isaac.

Receivers: Darboh, Chesson, Jones, Canteen, Butt (I'll even throw in the Dennis Norfleet Dance Party)- and Harris coming back.

The offensive line is completely coming back. Now we have some coaches that can develop them!

Defense: 

Line: Pipkins, Henry, Mone, Marshall, Glasgow

Linebackers: Morgan. Bolden, Ross II, Gedeon, Furbush

Backs: Lewis, Thomas, Stribling, Countess....and Peppers.

Well, the special teams could use some refurbishing. [:)]

Looking at this list, I think it really shows just how many injuries we had over the course of the season. Couple that with a lack of coaching and you get 5-7.

It's not like Jim has nothing to work with here. These are all guys with experience. I truly believe the turnaround will happen quickly. With the right coaching in place, this will be at least an 8-win bowl team next season. I have no doubt about that.
  • Have to view next year as year one of a 2-3yr rebuild. Harbaugh or no Harbaugh it's a new staff, new scheme, new everything. Harbaugh needs to be allowed the same time as every other coach to get his players in place. The overall team depth is better now than it was prior to the last two coaching changes but that only goes so far. Development is more than a one year process and for some, especially upperclassmen it's simply not going to happen and we'll have to wait for graduation/transfer for replacement. There will be atriton, there will be younger and older guys who don't see eye to eye withe the new staff. The roster could look very different in 2yrs.

We didn't go 5-7 just because of coaching. There's quite a bit of retooling that needs to go on.
  • Interesting reason for Harbaugh's exit from S.F.

Several 49ers players became national news for alleged crimes, some of them ugly. One source explained that Harbaugh came to believe the behavior problem among players in the NFL is "almost impossible to fix." I've also been told — but still have been unable to totally flesh it out — there was a great divide between Harbaugh and the front office on how to handle players in trouble with the law. Harbaugh believes that in college he'd have more control over those issues.
  • Are we really giving up on Morris before JH has a chance to fix/help him? He has the tools.
  • umgoblue14 wrote:

HA HA. What if they are right, what would everyone do if John walked of the Crisler Arena tunnel instead of Jim?
  • jsj_297 wrote:
    Are we really giving up on Morris before JH has a chance to fix/help him? He has the tools.
    Doubtful.  I see no reason why he won't get a fair shake in camp.  Might end up being Michigan's Alex Smith.  Anyone know how big Shane's hands are?

[image]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/244099/seinfeld-man-hands-o.gif[/image]
  • Just read a retweet by Sam Webb from FoxSports where Harbaugh left money on the table with Oakland.  Apparently they offered more money than UM.  This makes me feel even better about this hire.  Makes me believe it's more about UM and returning them to prominence than the $$.
  • Naturally John Clayton is reporting that Harbaugh turned down Oakland and the Jets and Miami turned HIM down, making this out to be a brief stop-over for Harbaugh.  These NFL slaps just can't deal with it.  Let's face it, we've got the best looking chick at the dance so we're going to have to deal with a lot of people hitting on her but at the end of the night, we're leaving with her.  And if it's only for 5 or 6 years so be it.  It would be enough to right the ship and (hopefully) get back on track for a long time.
  • TK23Blue wrote:

Naturally John Clayton is reporting that Harbaugh turned down Oakland and the Jets and Miami turned HIM down, making this out to be a brief stop-over for Harbaugh.  These NFL slaps just can't deal with it.  Let's face it, we've got the best looking chick at the dance so we're going to have to deal with a lot of people hitting on her but at the end of the night, we're leaving with her.  And if it's only for 5 or 6 years so be it.  It would be enough to right the ship and (hopefully) get back on track for a long time.
    I saw that Clayton piece on ESPN as well and it really ticked me off.  But, part of me was angry because he was right.  I do think that JH will return to the NFL in 4-5 years. I do think a Super Bowl win is an itch he has to scratch.  I wonder of you ask Pete Carol about his job satisfaction between the NCAA and NFL and where he would rather coach. I think we know that the USC scandal made him leave.  IF not for that, would he still be coaching in the NCAA?
  • It was tell-tale when they asked if Harbaugh would miss the NFL and he said, "Why?  Is it going somewhere?"  He knows it will always be there but apparently this was a challenge he couldn't pass up.  No matter what, he'll leave it in better shape than he found it and right now that's what really matters.  Let's just enjoy it while we can.
  • Harbaugh's contract is for 5M a year. Didn't leave the NFL for the money, he would have made more there. 
  • TK23Blue wrote:
    Miami turned HIM down
    Yeah, because Joe Philbin's 23-25 career record and handling of the Jonathan Martin issue was the hallmark of Vince Lombardi Jr. 

Tough to be turned down if you never interview...or show any interest in the job.
  • Disappointed by the terrible questions asked by the media at the announcement.  Some credentials should be revoked after that one.  Jeez.
  • They were baiting him hoping to dig something up.

Go Blue!!
  • Sugar Bowl media day today and O$U is PISSED that all the talk today is about UM and Harbaugh.

O$U players asked at media day about Harbaugh, not about Alabama, about UM...lol, cracks me up.

Go Blue!!
  • ^^ almost as if it were planned this way......
  • Somebody in the peanut gallery at the end yelled "who has it better than us?" and Harbaugh barked "Noooobody!!" haha

Go Blue!!
  • Best Christmas gift ever!

We are finally on the path after wondering the woods and fog for 8 years.

GO BLUE!
  • Harbaugh thanked all the former coaches...yet somehow left out RR.

Go Blue!!
  • Harbaugh tripped on the carpet on his way to the podium. He commented on that right away...said that a lesser athlete would have fallen. Haha

Go Blue!!
  • I don't see this as a rebuild job. The talent is there. We are going too see what a difference a great coaching staff can have. We are going to see passion and excitement from the players on the field, something that has been missing for quite some time.