UMGOBLUE.COM

Chris Clark (2015 TE, Avon (CT) Avon Old Farms) (Pitt commit)

124»

Comments

• We kind of thought he was leaning that way all along, right? Usually once a kid backs out of his verbal...there is more to it and just a coaching change isn't enough to lure a kid back.

Go Blue!!
  • Just read where Clark is really torn between UCLA and UM. This may be going down to the wire.
  • Dennis Pitta of the Ravens tweeted Clark saying there's no better person to play TE for than Jay.......LOL.
  • umgoblue14 wrote:

Just read where Clark is really torn between UCLA and UM. This may be going down to the wire.

He'a announcing in 18hrs, so I'd say it's already down to the wire...haha

Go Blue!!
  • With the old regime I'd have been worried we didn't get a supposed talent like him.  Now?  Who cares... JH will find a good one.
    From what I've read he's a diva and belongs in LaLa land.
  • jpw47 wrote:

With the old regime I'd have been worried we didn't get a supposed talent like him.  Now?  Who cares... JH will find a good one.

The sour grapes crowd always comes out in full force on signing day! This is always the same crowd that would be talking about how awesome said recruit is had they picked Michigan. It's disappointing for all fans when kids that are heavily recruited choose elsewhere, but don't throw in parting shots like you didn't want him anyway. Makes you sound like a child.

Good luck to Chris. 
  • Have fun playing blocker and getting 10 catches a year.
  • This one stings big time, Clark is an immediate impact guy with a unique skill-set that we had every advantage with (except the one that mattered most).

Mora Jr. has punk'd us these last 3 weeks.
  • Huge miss/loss IMO.

We'll need Bunting to come into his own this season and play.

Go Blue!!
  • jpw47 wrote:

With the old regime I'd have been worried we didn't get a supposed talent like him.  Now?  Who cares... JH will find a good one.

The sour grapes crowd always comes out in full force on signing day! This is always the same crowd that would be talking about how awesome said recruit is had they picked Michigan. It's disappointing for all fans when kids that are heavily recruited choose elsewhere, but don't throw in parting shots like you didn't want him anyway. Makes you sound like a child.

Good luck to Chris. 

Haha - OK, chief, anything you say.[8|]
  • jpw47 wrote:
    jpw47 wrote:

Good luck to Chris. 

Thanks!
  • jpw47 wrote:
    jpw47 wrote:

Good luck to Chris. 

Thanks!

You're welcome.  I had forgotten it's internet tough guy day where the politically correct come out and say "good luck", "much love", "best wishes" to make themselves feel good - like the kid is coming here to read you've given him your blessing.  Whatever floats your boat. 
    To my main point - I would be worried if Hoke was still in charge, but Coach Harbaugh has proven to be a pretty good evaluator and developer of talent so I'm not too concerned.
  • Looks like I'm going to have to delete him off my NCAA Football roster...
  • jpw47 wrote:
    jpw47 wrote:
    jpw47 wrote:

Good luck to Chris. 

Thanks!

You're welcome.  I had forgotten it's internet tough guy day where the politically correct come out and say "good luck", "much love", "best wishes" to make themselves feel good - like the kid is coming here to read you've given him your blessing.  Whatever floats your boat. 
    To my main point - I would be worried if Hoke was still in charge, but Coach Harbaugh has proven to be a pretty good evaluator and developer of talent so I'm not too concerned.
    Meh I mean he's not wishing Dee Hart on the kid tear your ACL twice after shunning michigan..

Kid was flaky the whole way flip flopped more than a fish out of water. Maybe he is better off playing Blocker At UCLA. Guarentee in 4 years though you won't be hearing chris clark's name called day 1 of the NFL draft. You don't get drafted day 1 as a TE when your going to get targeted twice a game.
  • ESPN: Chris was UCLA the school you wanted to go to all along?

Chris: Wouldn't say all along, Ryan. But once it became a realistic option, I knew that was the school I wanted to be at.

ESPN: Chris, Any concern UCLA has never used TE's well ? While Michigan under Harbaugh will be known for their TE's?

Chris: No concern at all, Robert. UCLA hasn't had a true TE type the last few years. My expectations are that I'm going to be able to do a lot in this offense. Have shown me a lot of tape and told me what they're going to do with formations. Feel very comfortable.

Go Blue!!
  • Goblue88 wrote:
    jpw47 wrote:
    jpw47 wrote:
    jpw47 wrote:

Good luck to Chris. 

Thanks!

Meh I mean he's not wishing Dee Hart on the kid tear your ACL twice after shunning michigan..

Kid was flaky the whole way flip flopped more than a fish out of water. Maybe he is better off playing Blocker At UCLA. Guarentee in 4 years though you won't be hearing chris clark's name called day 1 of the NFL draft. You don't get drafted day 1 as a TE when your going to get targeted twice a game.
    I`ll take that bet.

The lack of TE targets for UCLA TEs over the last few years is really overstated (just like the lack of 1,000yd RBs on Urban Meyer's resume prior to 2012). You are only as good as your options and UCLA hasn't had an option like Clark at TE before. While I think Clark would have been better used in Harbaugh's offense, this idea that Clark is heading out to Westwood to be a glorified blocker is foolish.
  • Watch this pan out in a couple of years. UCLA will not be his final college football stop.
  • Mora is no dummy-he'll get the kid the ball if he's really this good.  To walk out of 2 feet of snow onto the campus at UCLA is pretty awesome so I get it.  It's a pretty killer place and temps this weekend will be in the high 70's. ;)
  • TK23Blue wrote:

Mora is no dummy-he'll get the kid the ball if he's really this good.  To walk out of 2 feet of snow onto the campus at UCLA is pretty awesome so I get it.  It's a pretty killer place and temps this weekend will be in the high 70's. ;)

The negative is that it is too close to Brentwood.....home of frequent Ford Bronco police chases.
  • He said in the interview that "if it was only about football, it would have been UM, but it's about everything."

That right there takes the sting off of it.  He isn't focused on football.  He wants warm weather, beaches, and girls. 

Good luck to him.
  • WolvyMike wrote:

He said in the interview that "if it was only about football, it would have been UM, but it's about everything."

That right there takes the sting off of it.  He isn't focused on football.  He wants warm weather, beaches, and girls. 

Good luck to him.

Agree 100%.  Most of us without connections to Michigan would choose SoCal over AA any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• WolvyMike wrote:

He said in the interview that "if it was only about football, it would have been UM, but it's about everything."

Good luck to him.
    And Mora. Jr/Josh Rosen.
  • has officially left the UCLA program, per reports.  was committed to UM at one point.  supposed to be immensely talented, best TE out of HS, but after leaving the team, not to mention decommitting twice in the recruiting process, might be a headcase

gonna be interesting to see where he lands

•  Clark said he wants to be a difference maker both on and off the field. Clark will be trying out for the cheer squad at the next school he transfer to. 

• If you look at his potential transfer schools, he is considering "powerhouse" schools like Virginia  Pittsburgh and Nc state.   Maybe the big stage was to much for him.  I say good riddance 

• Well...I'm here in U.Va land and the only thing they like to dominate is alcohol.  Seriously though, U.Va does need another big-time TE to get their offense to be more dominating.

• Old news, but Committed to Pitt.

Go Blue!!