Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Green and the Arm tackle myth

[tube]http://youtu.be/b-VC83hIwv8[/tube]

Here Green carries a guy on his back for the last 3-4 yds

[tube]http://youtu.be/2W4Su9xIwNk[/tube]

Here he has 2,3,4 guys on him and he still goes forward, give the kid a break.

Comments

• [tube]

Here Green carries a guy on his back for the last 3-4 yds

[tube]

Here he has 2,3,4 guys on him and he still goes forward, give the kid a break.
  • Yea..........

I think we have different definitions of "hard to tackle"
    [tube]

[tube]

Both were true freshmen at the time BTW
  • Give Green the same O-Line, Green still has had 50-60 carries.
  • swoosh wrote:

Give Green the same O-Line, Green still has had 50-60 carries.
    Or likewise, lets see how Yeldon and Gurley would do getting 2-3 carries/game behind our line...  [8|]
  • Exactly Matty, let's give the kid a fair shot. 
  • swoosh wrote:

Irrelevant to his ability to see defenders, cut, or break tackles. All of which he's had the opportunity to do, but hasn't flashed the ability. I`m not knocking Green for a lack of yards or TDs, there's a lot that goes into that. Green has gotten into open spaces and not made guys miss or broken tackles. He's had 1 on 1 opportunities with defenders. Now unlike some, I`m not projecting onto Green's ultimate future based on what he's doing now. He has plenty of time to get better, but his natural running ability is not up to par with other elite prospects at the same stage of their career.

i.e there is nothing to fuss over yet.
  • swoosh wrote:

Irrelevant to his ability to see defenders, cut, or break tackles. All of which he's had the opportunity to do, but hasn't flashed the ability. I`m not knocking Green for a lack of yards or TDs, there's a lot that goes into that. Green has gotten into open spaces and not made guys miss or broken tackles. He's had 1 on 1 opportunities with defenders. Now unlike some, I`m not projecting onto Green's ultimate future based on what he's doing now. He has plenty of time to get better, but his natural running ability is not up to par with other elite prospects at the same stage of their career.

What makes me think you want Les Miles as HC?  lol!!
  • swoosh wrote:

Most of his carries before NW he's had 2 or more guys in the backfield with him.   There is no way to judge any running back on
    40 carries in 9 games, his tenth game he got 19.

• I have a strong gut feeling his coming out party is going to be against O$U. Things just happen that way in The Game.
  • Those cats aren't even being touched til the second or third levels. That's 100 percent blocking right there. And they all went down on first contact once they were hit. Not super impressive.
  • Call Myth Busters if you like but the fact is, Green is not hard to tackle.  And when he gets to the second level (yeah it's rare, I know) he lets himself get cut at the knees.  But he'll learn.  A-Train was the same way but when he got to the second level he'd put just a little shake on a guy and it was all arm tackles.  Green is a "rookie".  He'll get there.  None of it matters without an O line and I'm sorry if 'dominating' Northwestern (which we didn't but everybody acts like we did) isn't exactly awe inspiring.  Do it against Ohio and we'll talk.
  • TK23Blue wrote:

Call Myth Busters if you like but the fact is, Green is not hard to tackle.  And when he gets to the second level (yeah it's rare, I know) he lets himself get cut at the knees.  But he'll learn.  A-Train was the same way but when he got to the second level he'd put just a little shake on a guy and it was all arm tackles.  Green is a "rookie".  He'll get there.  None of it matters without an O line and I'm sorry if 'dominating' Northwestern (which we didn't but everybody acts like we did) isn't exactly awe inspiring.  Do it against Ohio and we'll talk.

Well I will tell you what, have Green line up across from you, be sure tell him he's not hard to tackle and give it a try.

We have not seen the kid enough to make any of the assumptions you just made.   
  • swoosh wrote:
    TK23Blue wrote:

Call Myth Busters if you like but the fact is, Green is not hard to tackle.  And when he gets to the second level (yeah it's rare, I know) he lets himself get cut at the knees.  But he'll learn.  A-Train was the same way but when he got to the second level he'd put just a little shake on a guy and it was all arm tackles.  Green is a "rookie".  He'll get there.  None of it matters without an O line and I'm sorry if 'dominating' Northwestern (which we didn't but everybody acts like we did) isn't exactly awe inspiring.  Do it against Ohio and we'll talk.

Well I will tell you what, have Green line up across from you, be sure tell him he's not hard to tackle and give it a try.

We have not seen the kid enough to make any of the assumptions you just made.   

Is this really a response?  Seriously?  

Not sure what game you're watching but here, let's try it this way:  From what we've seen SO FAR, Green is not as difficult to tackle as he should be and he doesn't have a good move SO FAR.
  • Yes it was, he's easy to tackle right?  What's the issue? 

I am not sure what games you or anyone who makes those statements he's goes down to easily are watching.

• Let the kid starting getting to the second level more, then I will have a better idea what he can do.

Once he gets to the second level he does very well, 3 vs 1 here.

[tube]
  • Green is going to be fine. He's gonna have a good off season and dominate for us next year. So is Smith. I believe.

Mmmmmm koolaid.