Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

2013-14 season

Well, we're really only about a month and a half away from a new season. Last year had its ups and some downs, but what a ride we had in the tourney! We have a really difficult schedule this year, with games against Arizona and at Duke to name a couple. ESPN has our schedule as one of its top ten most difficult for the year, even higher than m$u's for once. What is everyone's expectations for this squad in the upcoming year?

Go Blue!!!!!

Comments

• Well, we're really only about a month and a half away from a new season. Last year had its ups and some downs, but what a ride we had in the tourney! We have a really difficult schedule this year, with games against Arizona and at Duke to name a couple. ESPN has our schedule as one of its top ten most difficult for the year, even higher than m$u's for once. What is everyone's expectations for this squad in the upcoming year?

Go Blue!!!!!
  • an outright B1G championship would be awesome
  • WolvyMike,

I think it's gonna come down to us or Sparty for the conference title, with Sparty being the favorite. It's too bad Hardaway decided to scoot with one year left, because if he had stayed, I believe we would run away with it. But I understand his decision, and it seemed to work out well for him. We are gonna have to rely a lot more on GR3 to be more aggressive and to make some more jump shots as well. I have a feeling a lot of our offense will end up running through him. I still really like how are team is built in regards to the NCAA tourney. I think anything short of the Sweet 16 would be dissappointing. Looking forward to getting this season started.

Go Blue!!!!!
  • I think we might face some challenges this year because of the target on our backs (because of the tourney run). But I think we'll be just fine come tourney time.
  • We will have more overall depth of talent but losing Burke, needless to say, will be the biggest challenge. Walton (yes, not spike as much as I love him) will have awfully big shoes to fill. I am optimistic that he will be up to the task.

If Robinson and McGary continue to improve and Irvin is as promised we should compete for Sparty for the title.