Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Jalen Rose Makes Plea To Chris Webber To Reunite Fab Five at NC game

Comments

• I loved watching the Fab Five play during my first couple years of college. I know there are people that post on this site who can't stand Webber and what he did, but I think it's important for him to be there with the other members.
       Louisville already has the sympathy card with the Kevin Ware injury, and a way to excite their fans. I think fans seeing the Fab Five all together rooting on the Wolverines would give Michigan a nice edge.
  • This season and especially this game is about THESE kids.  Weber (and Rose for that matter) can stay the hell out of it.  You had your moment, you blew it and disgraced the school doing it so go away.  Monday's game has NOTHING to do with Weber or anyone else from the "Fab" 5.  It's over, we've moved on.  They're nothing but a distraction and completely unnecessary to what REALLY matters right now. 
  • BigRange wrote:

I loved watching the Fab Five play during my first couple years of college. I know there are people that post on this site who can't stand Webber and what he did, but I think it's important for him to be there with the other members.
      Louisville already has the sympathy card with the Kevin Ware injury, and a way to excite their fans. I think fans seeing the Fab Five all together rooting on the Wolverines would give Michigan a nice edge.
    It could also be a huge distraction. 
  • I honestly don't think Chris gives a damn about Michigan at this point. I could be and hope I'm wrong.
  • Or it could be a passing of the guard. Most Michigan fan's have held onto that "fab 5 era" even after the banner's were taken down. Having the Fab 5 watch this group win the game together. Would be a really nice thing.
  • TK23Blue wrote:

This season and especially this game is about THESE kids.  Weber (and Rose for that matter) can stay the hell out of it.  You had your moment, you blew it and disgraced the school doing it so go away.  Monday's game has NOTHING to do with Weber or anyone else from the "Fab" 5.  It's over, we've moved on.  They're nothing but a distraction and completely unnecessary to what REALLY matters right now. 
    Last I checked only Weber took money. SO unless you wanna start saying like Denard Robinson or anyone else on last year's football team when they leave should stay the hell away from Michigan football games if we ever played for a championship cause they helped cause the collapse that cost us beating OSU this year in the only game that mattered. Yeah basically same thing calling out a great wolverine like jalen rose. He didn't disgrace ****.

Obv i'm being sarcastic. Just making a point. 4 of the fab 5 did nothing wrong.
  • Goblue88 wrote:
    TK23Blue wrote:

This season and especially this game is about THESE kids.  Weber (and Rose for that matter) can stay the hell out of it.  You had your moment, you blew it and disgraced the school doing it so go away.  Monday's game has NOTHING to do with Weber or anyone else from the "Fab" 5.  It's over, we've moved on.  They're nothing but a distraction and completely unnecessary to what REALLY matters right now. 
    Last I checked only Weber took money. SO unless you wanna start saying like Denard Robinson or anyone else on last year's football team when they leave should stay the hell away from Michigan football games if we ever played for a championship cause they helped cause the collapse that cost us beating OSU this year in the only game that mattered. Yeah basically same thing calling out a great wolverine like jalen rose. He didn't disgrace ****.

They ALL took money. Now, not in the amounts that Webber recieved but they all took money.

Go Blue!!
  •        I think it would be great if they all were there, and NOT a distraction.  I mean, c'mon, its ok for Magic Johnson to show up for big msu games, but not for members of the "Fab Five" re-uniting during a huge UM basketball moment??  Shoot, Magic Johnson is even flying Jalen Rose out to ATL for the game!  Plus, from what I have heard, many of the current members of the team embrace the "Fab Five", and even admire what they accomplished.  Lets remember, we have a very young squad, just like the "Fab Five"............ and to see a player, or players for that matter, that you admire come together and personally show their support for you could be very inspirational and motivational to our squad (Muhammed Ali helped the Fab Five get to the championship game!).  
            I am in no way condoning the actions of C. Webb, M. Taylor, R. Traylor, or L. Bullock............  What they, Ed Martin, and our athletic department did during that time simply ruined UM basketball for 15 years!  The only thing that matters now is how THIS team plays against UL.  I think anything that can give this team a boost in confidence, and can also patch up broken relationships (i.e. C. Webb with the rest of the "Fab Five", and obviously the "Fab Five's" relationship with some of our fan-base) is nothing but a bonus to this incredible run our team has already been on.  
          P.S.  To me, IF Michigan wins, it SLAMS the door on the disgrace that all of us UM fans have had to endure over the past 15 years with UM bball.  Regardless if you liked the "Fab Five" or not (which I hold in high regards........ They were talented, young, enthusiastic, and they changed the game in many ways), they are a part of OUR history.  It would almost be poetic justice that they were all there in person, and celebrating, to FINALLY end that horrible chapter in our programs history.  Especially if they were just as brash and bold in their celebration of a UM victory now as they were back in their own hay day!

Go Blue!!
  • TK23Blue wrote:

Agreed %110. All that would do is bring up a part of the past that most people old enough to remember don't care to re-hash. Let these kids have THEIR day.    GO BLUE!!
  • Keep them all away. They have nothing to do with this team. It took two decades and several good coachs to dig us out of a hole. Don't throw the dirt back in. Go Blue!
  • I hope they are all there.....GO BLUE!
  • Goblue88 wrote:
    TK23Blue wrote:

Then you should check again because you would be wrong.  And to put DRob in the same sentence as Webber?  Really?  Great comparison.  They all took their turn at the trough but if people want to blame Ed Martin or anybody else, go ahead.  It makes total sense in this day and age of zero accountability-blame everybody else.  At the end of the day NONE of it happens if the players say no.  But they didn't.  Yet we're supposed to celebrate these guys when we have a group of kids who have done it right and busted their a$$es to get here?  GO AWAY ALREADY!!  
  • hope im there still trying to find a damn ticket

• hope im there still trying to find a damn ticket
    Good luck.

There were more buyers than sellers on Saturday. Didn't see many scalpers at all.
  • tell me about it i had one for 125 but flipped it cause my job told me i had to work i get back in cbus to find out i dont have to so now im trying to buy a ticket all over again
  • TK23Blue wrote:
    Goblue88 wrote:
    TK23Blue wrote:

Then you should check again because you would be wrong.  And to put DRob in the same sentence as Webber?  Really?  Great comparison.  They all took their turn at the trough but if people want to blame Ed Martin or anybody else, go ahead.  It makes total sense in this day and age of zero accountability-blame everybody else.  At the end of the day NONE of it happens if the players say no.  But they didn't.  Yet we're supposed to celebrate these guys when we have a group of kids who have done it right and busted their a$$es to get here?  GO AWAY ALREADY!!  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion when it comes to the Fab 5. I am one of those that thinks everyone there including C Webb should be there for a few reasons.

1. We all make mistakes in life every last one of us who posts in this forum has done something in their life they needed serious forgiveness for and the Fab 5 are no exception. None of us in here has the right to say "stay away" its "about these kids and not the Fab 5" bull ^&**. These kids all know who the Fab 5 were and what they meant to UM basketball and they are there to support those kids not glorify what they did. And it would be very magnamous of UM to embrace their support of the school the truly love.

2. UM needs closure on that part of UM basketball. If they are fortunatle enough to win on the 20 year anniversary of that historic game then it will be a win win for all involved. The current team by bringing UM back to prominence and the former team healing an old wound thru their "disciples" so to speak.

I understand how some people may feel about the Fab 5 and frankly for me it took a lot of years for me to come to terms with that team (though I had more animosity toward Steve Fisher than I did anyone else on the team) but I now want to see them at the game...we need our sentimental tie-in like Lousiville has and this is it....

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!
  • the george dome holds over 80k and they are hoarding tickets. at the final four half the dome was empty
  • As part of Chris' punishment, testimony, whatever you want to call it, he was to dissociate himself from the university. That ends next month.

Go Blue!!
  • Please go away Jalen, America does not like you. Do it for this team.
  • Speak for yourself. I like Jalen.
  • I'm speaking for myself. The Fraud Five needs to stay away and let this team do something they never did, win any kind of championship. This is this teams moment to shine, not a team from twenty years ago. Hell, I would rather see the'89 team embrace this team instead of the fraudulent ones.
  • Rumeal Robinson scammed his own mother out of money......Or do you get to pick and choose who comes back to support? 

People throw the whole Fab 5 under the bus when Webber is the one who took the majority of the benefits.

If Brett Hart can forgive Shawn Michaels, why can't we forgive C-Webb?......LMAO
  • MgoBrett wrote:

I'm speaking for myself. The Fraud Five needs to stay away and let this team do something they never did, win any kind of championship. This is this teams moment to shine, not a team from twenty years ago. Hell, I would rather see the'89 team embrace this team instead of the fraudulent ones.

For someone that doesnt want criticsim of coaches or personal attacks you sure know how to give them out...

Its your right to not like Jalen(for what I have no idea) but you cant deny he has and always will have UM in his heart and thats whats most important.

Its been 20 years for god's sake let it go my man let it go!!!!
  • WolvyMike wrote:
    If Brett Hart can forgive Shawn Michaels, why can't we forgive C-Webb?......LMAO

[image]http://s2.hubimg.com/u/2492605_f520.jpg[/image]

Go Blue!!

• uneek, where have you been buddy? Now would you have coached this team to the final game buddy? Lol. Chris Webber and Jalen Rose set our program back a decade and a half. At least Jalen admitted taking money, ill give he that. If that is something you want forget and"let it go", that's your choice, I won't. Rose has been trieing to take the spotlight for two days now. Embarrassing. Let this team shine and shut up Jalen.
  • I'm not saying I agree necessarily with Jalen's current campaign, but don't speak for "America" when it's you that doesn't like him.
  • I did speak for America and was wrong to do that. I will say Jalen don't go away mad, just go away. Lol.
  • Jalen was never indicted or named in any lawsuits. He was given a couple bucks here and there. I'm willing to bet that happens EVERYWHERE. Webber took $280K. BIG difference. Rose did not set our program back a decade.

Go Blue!!