Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

Do you believe Michigan Basketball is back now?

Just wondering if any think that we are not back now?  I posted a year ago that we were back and many did not think so.   Recruiting does matter.  GoBlue!

Comments

• Just wondering if any think that we are not back now?  I posted a year ago that we were back and many did not think so.   Recruiting does matter.  GoBlue!
  • I bet some still think we need to win tomorrow night to make this claim...
  • I SAY WE JUST MAKE THIS RUN A YEARLY OCCURRENCE!
  • Depends on what your "back" means.... we have never been an elite team year in and year out...

I think were back to being in the story now, where if we don't make the sweet 16 we can say the season wasn't a success.   I'm hoping that the team can take the next step though where we can be the team that nobody would be shocked that we make the final 4 each and every year like the Duke's, North Carolina, Kentucky and yes the Mich States of the world.   I want us to have some level of even play not drop off the map when a great player leaves the program.   I think were on that path now.

Go Blue
  • I want us to have some level of even play not drop off the map when a great player leaves the program.   I think were on that path now.

Go Blue

Agreed.  I think we are totally on that path as we have seen over the past few years.  We lost Morris 2 years ago and a guy named Burke came along.  Now we will probably be losing Burke, but we've got some solid recruits coming in next year who can hopefully help fill the void. 

I think we are on the path of reloading every year as opposed to having to turn around and rebuild after you lose great players and to me that would signify us being back...
  • Final 4's in the 60's 70's, 80's,90's and the current decade.  Michigan  does have a history of being an elite program.  
  • Yes. We are back. Watching Michigan basketball play in a national championship has been a dream of mine for years. I was alive during the fab 5, but too young to remember it. 

One thing that has pissed me off is all of the bandwagon fans we suddenly gained. I posted last night that if you don't remember the names Graham Brown or Lavell Blanchard that you should hop off the wagon. I've suffered through the worst years in Michigan basketball history, watched pathetic basketball for years. 
  • The talking heads have been calling this one of the best championship games in recent years, and I think they're right!  That alone means we're back.  Sure, there were flaws, less-than solid foul calls (both sides, be fair).  The worst thing I saw from my seat was how hard some of the fouls were, particularly on Burke.  He was getting hammered when he went into the lane, and we were only a couple of rows below the concourse.  I think there are a lot of palyers who would have stayed down after a couple of those, but he got up and played even though he was clearly hurting.

But I digress- damn right we're back!
  • On my daily drive home yesterday, the local Indianapolis ESPN radio host spent the first 15 minutes of his program talking about Michigan basketball and how good it had become, and how good the game was. 15 minutes, talking about the losers of the NC game!! That has to say something about the quality of basketball that was on the floor Monday night. Can't imagine what IU fans were thinking, having to listen to that, while one of their own players was announcing he was leaving school.
  • BigRange wrote:

On my daily drive home yesterday, the local Indianapolis ESPN radio host spent the first 15 minutes of his program talking about Michigan basketball and how good it had become, and how good the game was. 15 minutes, talking about the losers of the NC game!! That has to say something about the quality of basketball that was on the floor Monday night. Can't imagine what IU fans were thinking, having to listen to that, while one of their own players was announcing he was leaving school.

Not so in Ohio.  The losers on ESPN Cleveland were more concerned about the Indians terrible performance in the home opener (1 of 162 games) than they were talking about the biggest game of the year in college basketball.  The hatred for Michigan trumps all and the fact that we were playing in the big game and OSU (or any team besides Michigan) wasn't had to have been driving them mad which is a big reason they didn't want to talk about it.  [8|]
  • BigRange wrote:

On my daily drive home yesterday, the local Indianapolis ESPN radio host spent the first 15 minutes of his program talking about Michigan basketball and how good it had become, and how good the game was. 15 minutes, talking about the losers of the NC game!! That has to say something about the quality of basketball that was on the floor Monday night. Can't imagine what IU fans were thinking, having to listen to that, while one of their own players was announcing he was leaving school.

Not so in Ohio.  The losers on ESPN Cleveland were more concerned about the Indians terrible performance in the home opener (1 of 162 games) than they were talking about the biggest game of the year in college basketball.  The hatred for Michigan trumps all and the fact that we were playing in the big game and OSU (or any team besides Michigan) wasn't had to have been driving them mad which is a big reason they didn't want to talk about it.  [8|]
    I was watching Mike and Mike on Monday morning. Of course they kept talking about the NBA and the MLB, oh yeah and the NFL. They mentioned the NCAA title game in about a 5 minute segment.

I forgot why I don't watch too much ESPN anymore. I'm sick of hearing about s*itty pro sports. 
  • If we lose our top 4 players and don't start in the top 25, are we really back or just a one hit wonder?

Go Blue!!

• If we lose our top 4 players and don't start in the top 25, are we really back or just a one hit wonder?

Go Blue!!
    3 of the top 100 players in the nation coming in next year. The hype helping recruiting so that next year we probably will even have a better class. Yeah I think we will be fine.
  • I think Michigan has a chance to be better next year than they were this year.  I think that with Burke gone the scoring load will be more balanced and we will have two likely lottery picks on the team.   The 2015 and 16 class will be better than 13 and 14.  GoBlue!

• I think Michigan has a chance to be better next year than they were this year.  I think that with Burke gone the scoring load will be more balanced and we will have two likely lottery picks on the team.

Are you high?

Go Blue!!