Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UMGOBLUE.COM

NCAA Officiating

I know we complain about B1G officials in here a lot and it is much deserved criticism. But with that said, officiating across the NCAA is getting downright atrocious.

Case in point, the end of an A10 Tournament game between Richmond and Charlotte. Richmond led by 3 with 4 seconds left in the game and Charlotte was at the line for a 1-1. Charlotte made the front end and then a Richmond player proceeded to push a Charlotte player down as they were battling for position as the ft went through the net. Well, the refs made their first bad call as they ruled the foul occurred during a dead ball which is a T, thus giving Charlotte 2 more ft's (4 overall which were all made). So now Charlotte went from being down 3 to up 1 and the ball.

As if the first call wasn't bad enough, on the proceeding inbounds play Richmond fouls immediately at half court, only after the foul, the Charlotte player the threw up a wild shot and the ref then called the foul while the player was in the act of shooting awarding Charlotte 3 shots?! As expected, Richmond's coach lost it and the refs then proceeded to ring him up with 2 more T's and he was ejected.

So, Richmond won this game by making 8 ft's in 11 attempts in the final 4 seconds of the game??? I'm sorry, but this is a classic case of the officials dictating the outcome of a game as opposed to letting the players dictate the outcome of a game?!

IMO, something needs to be done about the quality of officiating in the NCAA. Just like players are subject to reviews post games by both conference and NCAA officials on questionable flagrant calls that could result in suspensions, I too feel that officials also should be subject to review. That A10 officiating crew should not ref another game this season if you ask me!

Comments

• I know we complain about B1G officials in here a lot and it is much deserved criticism. But with that said, officiating across the NCAA is getting downright atrocious.

Case in point, the end of an A10 Tournament game between Richmond and Charlotte. Richmond led by 3 with 4 seconds left in the game and Charlotte was at the line for a 1-1. Charlotte made the front end and then a Richmond player proceeded to push a Charlotte player down as they were battling for position as the ft went through the net. Well, the refs made their first bad call as they ruled the foul occurred during a dead ball which is a T, thus giving Charlotte 2 more ft's (4 overall which were all made). So now Charlotte went from being down 3 to up 1 and the ball.

As if the first call wasn't bad enough, on the proceeding inbounds play Richmond fouls immediately at half court, only after the foul, the Charlotte player the threw up a wild shot and the ref then called the foul while the player was in the act of shooting awarding Charlotte 3 shots?! As expected, Richmond's coach lost it and the refs then proceeded to ring him up with 2 more T's and he was ejected.

So, Richmond won this game by making 8 ft's in 11 attempts in the final 4 seconds of the game??? I'm sorry, but this is a classic case of the officials dictating the outcome of a game as opposed to letting the players dictate the outcome of a game?!

IMO, something needs to be done about the quality of officiating in the NCAA. Just like players are subject to reviews post games by both conference and NCAA officials on questionable flagrant calls that could result in suspensions, I too feel that officials also should be subject to review. That A10 officiating crew should not ref another game this season if you ask me!
  • sounds hilarious.  Glad I had no rooting interest in the game