UMGOBLUE.COM

Mike Weber (2015 RB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech) (Ohio State signee)

Comments

• WolvyMike wrote:

What if osu doesn't play for a NC next year?  Is he going to transfer to one of the teams that is playing for it? 
    Don't think that's his point. Michigan is in rebuilding mode, OSU is not Harbaugh is selling the future, Meyer is selling the now.
    The problem is for someone wanting to come in Show your skill and go pro. The now is already on their roster. This kid will most likely get 50 snaps in 2 years in garbage time for OSU. And what then if OSU gets another 5 star. Weber needs to remember he isn't the hot choice. If Harris Commits kid is #2 even in his own class.
  • No All-American signs with a school expecting to be a backup. Doesn't factor into the thought process.

• No All-American signs with a school expecting to be a backup. Doesn't factor into the thought process.
    If he sign's with OSU thats exactly what he is doing. He may say now he isn't going to flip but wait and see Cause Harris to OSU is looking like a major possibility thanks in part to us if the Morrow to UM rumor comes through.
  • Weber will be a backup next year, I'm not arguing that. He'd be a backup at UM as well, probably 3rd string behind Green and Isaac.

My point is, no recruit of that caliber commits or signs expecting to be a backup. That doesn't favor into the decision making. They all think they're gonna play right away.
  • What's the recent track record with Cass Tech players? Pretty sure it's nothing to sweat over regarding Weber - see ya Mike.
  • Has anyone considered the fact he may plan to red shirt ?
  • WolvyMike wrote:

What if osu doesn't play for a NC next year?  Is he going to transfer to one of the teams that is playing for it? 
    Don't think that's his point. Michigan is in rebuilding mode, OSU is not Harbaugh is selling the future, Meyer is selling the now.
    *sigh*  Exactly MF4L.  Thank you.
  • ^^^  LMAO.........  If you're so exasperated by things you read on the Internet, why don't you quit coming to message boards.
  • Yep. He's got a point. He can go be OSU's Juwan Howard (during Heat years). 

Sounds awesome. 

People that'd rather coat-tail than have a competitive edge thinking they can be part of the squad to knock a front-runner down or change things aren't really the types I become fans of anyway.

Sounds awesome. 

People that'd rather coat-tail than have a competitive edge thinking they can be part of the squad to knock a front-runner down or change things aren't really the types I become fans of anyway.

Yeah!

Who wants to play for a winner, what a dumb a$$ Weber is!!!!!
  • To be honest, Weber likely won't play in his FR year for either OSU or Mich. OSU under Meyer has given FR a lot more chances to play than UM under Hoke. Remains to be seen what Harbaugh's attitude toward freshman is at Michigan.

Sounds awesome. 

Yeah!

Not saying that. I just think it's weak justification.

But that's the way kids are these days. Lebron mentality. Go where it's easiest. Who wants to put the team on their back?

Sounds awesome. 

Yeah!

Not saying that. I just think it's weak justification.

But that's the way kids are these days. Lebron mentality. Go where it's easiest. Who wants to put the team on their back?
    It's human nature.

We ALL generally take the path of least resistance in life. Most of people would take a job with Google over an internet start-up. No one tries to make their lives more difficult if they can help it.

Now if you`ll excuse me, I have some kids to chase off my lawn.
  • So the Tom Brady mentality as well? Talking professionally, taking less money to form a better team is the intelligent thing to do. 

From the recruiting side, being a good player on a really good team is more enjoyable than being a great player on a terrible team. Just my two cents. 
  • Damien Harris Committed to Alabama today. So Weber to OSU is all but guaranteed to stick now.
  • Goblue88 wrote:

Damien Harris Committed to Alabama today. So Weber to OSU is all but guaranteed to stick now.

[image]http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/96/9651e121dac222fdac699ca6d962b84f288c75e6ec120f4a06e3c04f139ee8ec.jpg[/image]

tom beaver just said that JH will likely have an in-home visit with weber, and UM isn't out of it yet
  • Good to hear about Wheatley. F*ck those other guys! Haha

Go Blue!!
  • Apparently Was spotted having lunch with Jim Harbaugh, and His HS coach. Looks like this one is on like Donkey Kong. Signing Day could be a great day to be a Michigan fan.
  • Rumor is confirmed. Harbaugh was with Weber today for lunch.

• Rumor is confirmed. Harbaugh was with Weber today for lunch.

Red robin........yummmmmmmm
  • Mike Weber wrote:
    "I've talked to Coach Harbaugh a few times and he's a pretty energized guy," said Weber of Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh. "I'm committed to Ohio State. I haven't made one (an official visit) to Michigan and I don't think I will."

This quote was from January 23...have things changed?

Go Blue!!

•  
      Apparently Jim is not done fishing with this kid. Looks like he might have a nibble.
  • Took place at a place called Woody's! Rumors now have it that Mike COULD flip back to UM.
  • If Weber is on campus this weekend, he's ours.  If not, forget about it.  End of story.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

If Weber is on campus this weekend, he's ours.  If not, forget about it.  End of story.
    That's a bit extreme.

Showing up on campus would bring a lot of attention, the type of attention his camp is trying to avoid. It wouldn't surprise me if we hear very little from or about Weber in the next week and he simply faxes LOI on signing day. The kid came to just about every home game, he doesn't really need to visit.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

If Weber is on campus this weekend, he's ours.  If not, forget about it.  End of story.
    That's a bit extreme.

Showing up on campus would bring a lot of attention, the type of attention his camp is trying to avoid. It wouldn't surprise me if we hear very little from or about Weber in the next week and he simply faxes LOI on signing day.

If it was the other way around, I would agree with you.  But it's not.  Also, he didn't have any problem drawing attention to himself in the manner and timing of the decommitment.  Correct?
  • TrueBlue wrote:
    TrueBlue wrote:

That's a bit extreme.

Showing up on campus would bring a lot of attention, the type of attention his camp is trying to avoid. It wouldn't surprise me if we hear very little from or about Weber in the next week and he simply faxes LOI on signing day.

If it was the other way around, I would agree with you.  But it's not.  Also, he didn't have any problem drawing attention to himself in the manner and timing of the decommitment.  Correct?
    How would you suggest he decommit in a manner that wouldn't draw attention? The act itself draws attention. As for the timing, the kid was planning to enroll early and Michigan was leaderless. Fans shouldn't begrudge anyone who decommited after the staff responsible for signing them are fired. If you verbally accepted a job then found out a few days later that the person who hired you and everyone under him had been fired you'd likely take a step back as well.

The negative reaction he got following his decommittment from Michigan is part of why he's still a Buckeye commit right now.
  • But, that's not accurate at all.  He decommited at halftime of the Maryland game via social media.  That's about as loud as it can get and certainly no one had been fired.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

But, that's not accurate at all.  He decommited at halftime of the Maryland game via social media.  That's about as loud as it can get and certainly no one had been fired.
    You are correct, I got the timeline mixed up.

Be that as it may, the hand writing for Hoke was on the wall. Hell, we fans had already given up. The point still stands that his experience with the last decommitment is playing into the current situation. Neither he nor his family want attention now, despite what may have happened in the past.

I`d be shocked if he showed up on campus, even if he eventually sends in his LOI to Michigan.
  • TrueBlue wrote:

But, that's not accurate at all.  He decommited at halftime of the Maryland game via social media.  That's about as loud as it can get and certainly no one had been fired.
    You are correct, I got the timeline mixed up.

Be that as it may, the hand writing for Hoke was on the wall. Hell, we fans had already given up. The point still stands that his experience with the last decommitment is playing into the current situation. Neither he nor his family want attention now, despite what may have happened in the past.

I`d be shocked if he showed up on campus, even if he eventually sends in his LOI to Michigan.

Look, I'm really not arguing with you, as much as reading the tea leaves differently.  Any player of Weber's caliber would want to meet the new staff, etc.  He has not done that.  The only way that happens is if he shows up on campus this weekend.  If he does, he's ours.  If he doesn't, he's going to Columbus.  It's that simple for me, because I have been through the process myself.  I don't begrudge Weber or anyone else for doing what's best for them.  I can't imagine anyone feeling differently.