UMGOBLUE.COM

Mike Weber (2015 RB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech) (Ohio State signee)

Comments

• He should leave our state right now. If you grow up in Michigan and want to go to OSU please transfer schools to a ohio HS and get the fuck out of our state. Cause your a traitor.
  • He's always had Michigan St. and Ohio State high on his list. Sparty even led for awhile while we were hung up on Harris and didn't Weber the time of day.

I don't understand the shock.
  • Can any of us really blame him?  I can't.
  • So it's ok that we don't give him the time of day until Nuss is hired and almost let him commit to MSU at the time, yet now that we want him it's a mortal sin for him to go somewhere else? That's recruiting, boys. And if we don't hire a big name coach to compete with Urban on the trail, you might as well get used to it.
  • Anyone ticked at kids who decommited needs to have their head examine. We failed to keep up our end of the bargain, not the kids. We went out and recruited on winning championships and good football then went out and sh*t the bed. Don't get mad at kids for realizing it was BS and jumping ship.

A kid like Weber especially has every right. He's an early enrollee and Michigan had no coach. How many of you would take a job without knowing who your supervisor was going to be and the company in turmoil?

• Anyone ticked at kids who decommited needs to have their head examine. We failed to keep up our end of the bargain, not the kids. We went out and recruited on winning championships and good football then went out and sh*t the bed. Don't get mad at kids for realizing it was BS and jumping ship.

A kid like Weber especially has every right. He's an early enrollee and Michigan had no coach. How many of you would take a job without knowing who your supervisor was going to be and the company in turmoil?
    most people are ticked because they didn't do it the right way. You don't preach OMG I LOVE MICHIGAN its been my #1 choice since I could walk. then just go yeah no im not going **** you. Do like Chris Clark did decommit and look elsewhere but keep michigan in your top choices and wait and see what happens (I expect him to now be Blue again soon). Don't preach you loved us for 18 years then run to OSU as your first choice. Your not born blue and were talking out your ass if michigan was your #1 choice since you could walk then your first idea is to go to OSU when you decommit.
  • Did Weber decommit from O$U?

Go Blue!!

• Did Weber decommit from O$U?

Go Blue!!
    Pure Rumor. He just reposted a vid of him with the caption OSU recruit Mike Webber 3 hours ago so I'm going to believe this is false. Not that we would want him back anyways. 
  • Goblue88 wrote:

Anyone ticked at kids who decommited needs to have their head examine. We failed to keep up our end of the bargain, not the kids. We went out and recruited on winning championships and good football then went out and sh*t the bed. Don't get mad at kids for realizing it was BS and jumping ship.

most people are ticked because they didn't do it the right way. You don't preach OMG I LOVE MICHIGAN its been my #1 choice since I could walk. then just go yeah no im not going **** you. Do like Chris Clark did decommit and look elsewhere but keep michigan in your top choices and wait and see what happens (I expect him to now be Blue again soon). Don't preach you loved us for 18 years then run to OSU as your first choice. Your not born blue and were talking out your ass if michigan was your #1 choice since you could walk then your first idea is to go to OSU when you decommit.

I committed, decommitted, committed, decommitted, etc. I took visits all across the country. I loved Florida. I loved USC. I loved Washington. I loved Georgia (oh man, the women here....good lord!). I loved Texas. I visited them all and wanted to go to them all. I used all of them to fully enjoy the experience. Did that make me a bad person? Hell no, it made me a typical 17yr old high school kid who had the opportunity of a lifetime. I knew the game, the coaches knew I knew the game, and I took advantage of it just like schools and coaches take advantage of players today. I just did it 20yrs ago without the spotlight and you know what...I wasn't as good as everyone thought I would be but I had a helluva good time in the process!

Go Blue!!
  • Goblue88 wrote:
    Not that we would want him back anyways. 

We wouldn't, huh?
  • Scout reporting that Jimmy's already reached out to Weber's family.
  • Goblue88 wrote:
    Not that we would want him back anyways. 

We wouldn't, huh?

gotta forgive goblue88 for being trained in the adam schefter school of thought
  • No I just don't want someone who left us and 10 minutes later was on the Road to OSU. Any other school But OSU.... After claiming you grew up Blue... thats a slap in the face...  Any of the other decommits come on down I'd love them all back. But When your first thought is 2 weeks later imma commit to the school that 2 weeks ago I was calling out and talking about crushing for 4 years....

if by some chance he recommits he will have alot to prove due to that. I mean if it happens I guess it is what it is we need a RB bad and I don't think we will get back in the Harris sweepstakes. But kid better prove he deserves it if he comes here.
  • Weber doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. He's not owned by the University of Michigan, he can do what he likes and what he feels is in his best interest. I see the problem though, you believe every kid who commits to Michigan does so because they love the school like you do. While that's true for a few, for the vast majority, Michigan is a means to an ends. The kid wants to play close to home so yeah, Ohio State is interchangeable. If it wasn't Ohio State it would have been Michigan State who the kid favored early (back when Michigan was hot on the trail of other RBs and gave Weber the cold shoulder).

Stop believing all these kids love the school they commit to like fans do. There are "lifelong" Buckeye fans on the Michigan roster and vice versa. Hell Kyle Kalis was an Ohio State commit when we pulled him during a coaching change, do you question his loyalty?

I know you hate to hear it but recruiting is a business deal. The kids use the schools, the schools use the kids.

• Weber doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. He's not owned by the University of Michigan, he can do what he likes and what he feels is in his best interest. I see the problem though, you believe every kid who commits to Michigan does so because they love the school like you do. While that's true for a few, for the vast majority, Michigan is a means to an ends. The kid wants to play close to home so yeah, Ohio State is interchangeable. If it wasn't Ohio State it would have been Michigan State who the kid favored early (back when Michigan was hot on the trail of other RBs and gave Weber the cold shoulder).

Stop believing all these kids love the school they commit to like fans do. There are "lifelong" Buckeye fans on the Michigan roster and vice versa. Hell Kyle Kalis was an Ohio State commit when we pulled him during a coaching change, do you question his loyalty?

I know you hate to hear it but recruiting is a business deal. The kids use the schools, the schools use the kids.
    Your fully right its just what sucks with CFB we need a early signing period and kids should be held to commitments so they think BEFORE committing.  If we had a early signing period Verbal commitments would be gone and would mean Squat you either sign you name or you don't if you don't someone else will. and the school can plan around that someone without the fear that we will magically go from 2 RB commits to 0 in 2 days and our class will be ruined last minute.
  • I would never fault a kid during a coaching change.  I mean, the guy he committed to is gone so it makes total sense.  I also don't care if he bolts for OSU-it just makes the rivalry even better.  The kid who bails at the last minute for no particular reason is a different story.  The fact that Weber even committed to Michigan in the first place was surprising, given the fact that it was a rudderless, sinking ship so bailing during a total upheaval is no surprise.  And yes, you take him back if you get the chance, if for no other reason than sticking it to Meyer.
  • "I'm mean, why would I leave a team that is about to play for a national championship?" Weber told USA Today. "I'm pretty solid on Ohio State"

Go Blue!!
  • ^^ anybody got an answer for that?
  • He could probably make the 2 deep at UM as a freshmen?
  • jsj_297 wrote:

^^ anybody got an answer for that?
    Yep.  Start playing for National Championships.  The good news is we've got a coach that can attract better players than Mike Weber so I really don't care what this kid does.  The future is FAR brighter than Mike Weber.
  • Good for Mikey- perhaps he can ask himself "why didn't I come along for the ride?" four years from now when he walks off the field at Ohio Stadium from "The Game" as a big loser. [:D]
  • What percentage is "pretty solid"?
  • Can't argue with the kid on that.

We'll be fine at RB.
  •   What if osu doesn't play for a NC next year?  Is he going to transfer to one of the teams that is playing for it? 
  • Remember, we have Ty Isaac in the fold next season too.

Go Blue!!
  • WolvyMike wrote:

What if osu doesn't play for a NC next year?  Is he going to transfer to one of the teams that is playing for it? 
    Don't think that's his point. Michigan is in rebuilding mode, OSU is not Harbaugh is selling the future, Meyer is selling the now.