UMGOBLUE.COM

Mike Weber (2015 RB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech) (Ohio State signee)

Comments

• Cracks me up that people are now saying they want Weber more than Harris anyway. No one was saying that when Harris was Blue. I will take Weber as a replacement though, liked his film and had more burst than I initially thought. 
  • People want what they can get, not what they can't.

Go Blue!!

• Cass Tech pipe line has given Michgian....

None

David Dawson- Too soon to say
    Delano Hill- Too soon to say, in the mix
    Jourdan Lewis- Too soon to say, in the mix

RJS-Has been a career backup
    Terry Richardson-Buried on depth chart

Delonte Hollowell- Career backup

None

Will Campbell-Career backup until senior year, average
    Thomas Gordon- Started 38 games, productive but unspectacular
    Teric Jones- Career ending injury, buried on depth chart

Boubacar Cissoko- Thug Life!

We need to stop fishing in that pond with all our bait…starting throwing more lines out (down south).

Go Blue!!

None

None

We need to stop fishing in that pond with all our bait…starting throwing more lines out (down south).

Go Blue!!

What in the world makes you think this coaching staff with this track record would have any success with the big fish down south?

None

None

Go Blue!!

What in the world makes you think this coaching staff with this track record would have any success with the big fish down south?

Can’t land whales if you’re fishing with shrimp nets in your own backyard….bust out the harpoons and get nuts! haha

Go Blue!!

• That's a bit harder to track, Cass doesn't produce THAT many D1 kids to begin with. The majority if D1 worthy kids from Cass have come to Michigan.

Gholston - OSU - Star
    Allen Langford - Wisconsin - Star
    Cortez Smith - Indiana - Backup, kicked out
    Barksdale - LSU - 3 year starter
    Daniel Easterly - Missouri - Backup
    Dior Mathis - Oregon - Backup
    Kenny Nelson - Illinois - Backup
    Ruben Lile - Iowa - Too soon to say, in the mix
    Laron Taylor - Iowa - Buried

Needless to say, the tract record for Cass kids isn't very good no matter where they end up. There are 3 bonafide stars out of 15- 20 players spanning roughly 10 years.

There still hope for some of the 2012 and 2013 kids. RJS, Hill, Lewis, and Dawson have all had positive reviews as of late. Still unproven though which you don't like considering some are upcoming juniors.

Damon Webb at O$U...he'll be a true
    FR this season, so we'll see how it turns out.

Go Blue!!
  • Well the first step would be having coaches with southern ties and prior relationships, beyond just rolling Fred Jackson into LA or GMatt int FA once in awhile. Plus let's be real, the average 3 star kid in Florida or GA is as good or better than the average 4 star in the Midwest. Kids in Florida especially have never had issues leaving the state, many are first generation Floridians. We don't need to raid the south and couldn't even if we tried. We're talking 3-4 kids at max.

We've be wasting our time out west, might as well reposition that time and energy in the south.
  • Plus let's be real, the average 3 star kid in Florida or GA is as good or better than the average 4 star in the Midwest.

Yawn. Heard this laughable line numerous times from 2008-2010 as Rodriguez scoured Florida for 3-star kids with offers from West Virginia, Central Florida, Marshall and Florida Atlantic.

Our coaches have neither the name-power in Florida (or anywhere in the South), nor the record to go into the South and pull kids that make a difference, nor the willpower to hang on throughout the roller coaster that Florida kids love to put schools through in their recruitments, nor the track record of finding the diamond in the rough and coaching them up into stars.
  • It's almost as if we're scared of the south...

Go Blue!!
  • Plus let's be real, the average 3 star kid in Florida or GA is as good or better than the average 4 star in the Midwest.

Yawn. Heard this laughable line numerous times from 2008-2010 as Rodriguez scoured Florida for 3-star kids with offers from West Virginia, Central Florida, Marshall and Florida Atlantic.

Our coaches have neither the name-power in Florida (or anywhere in the South), nor the record to go into the South and pull kids that make a difference, nor the willpower to hang on throughout the roller coaster that Florida kids love to put schools through in their recruitments, nor the track record of finding the diamond in the rough and coaching them up into stars.

not totally disagreeing with you, but the staff wouldn't be going into the south using their own reputations as the key to securing commitments, they'd be using the UM brand name to lure recruits. and yeah, I know we've been kinda down the past several years, but michigan STILL has a lot of "recognizability" and prestige in many states in the south, especially florida and georgia, where there are a ton of alums (ATL especially)

• It's almost as if we're scared of the south...

Go Blue!!
    I am scared of the South. Everyone should be if they've watched Deliverance.... [:D]
  • uferfan wrote:

It's almost as if we're scared of the south...

Go Blue!!
    I am scared of the South. Everyone should be if they've watched Deliverance.... [:D]

Hoke should hire me to cover the south…I’ve been to Dothan, AL recently….I ain’t scared of no south.

Go Blue!!
  • I swear I've seen the kid from the banjo scene in deliverance all grown up down here........several times.
  • Will commit to USC if they offer him on Saturday, per USC's 247 site.
  • Should Weber actually commit to USC, and being as we're basically out of it for Harris, what direction do you think we go RB wise for 2015?
  • jsj_297 is a fullback and might still have some eligibility left...

Go Blue!!
  • Seeing I went to PFU, instead of college, I should be 4 years eligible still.....I'm bringing my wife to the BBQ. I don't wanna spread any rumors, but Sam W says be on commit watch this weekend. UM is believed to be the leader. ;)
  • Offered by USC. Wouldn't be surprised if a commitment is right around the corner.
  • Per Sam Webb, Weber's taking the red eye home from Los Angeles so he can get to Ann Arbor for the BBQ, so it sounds like Michigan's survived his USC visit without losing him just yet.
  • Just doesn't strike me as a kid that wants to leave the Midwest. I may be proven wrong.
  • Any chance of him committing today? Cole, Clark, Weber and Malzone would be a nice offensive class.

• Any chance of him committing today? Cole, Clark, Weber and Malzone would be a nice offensive class.

No. The 24/7 USC insider (Schrader) is saying that Weber didn't really even want to cut his trip short to attend the BBQ.
  • A kid who's lived in downtown Detroit his whole life not wanting to leave southern CA early, STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Until the parents visit and sign off I remain unconcerned.
  • In 1995, I visited U$C, F$U, Miami (FL) and ASU. I had no intention of going to any of them, but the trips were awesome and we had a helluva good time.

It's one of the only times in your life you get to do it, so take advantage of it.

Go Blue!!
  • Seems like he's there every other weekend. Gotta think a commitment is on the horizon.
  • I called it .  Welcome to the club Mr . Weber 
  • Just when you think you kinks recruiting...

Welcome aboard!

Go Blue!!