UMGOBLUE.COM

Mike Weber (2015 RB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech) (Ohio State signee)

Comments

• Mike Weber wrote:
    “Really, if they keep doing what they are doing – anything can change,” Weber said. “It could change tomorrow. So you never really know what’s going to happen. I just think if Michigan keeps doing what they are doing, anything can happen. Michigan is a good look.”

Go Blue!!
  • Two tidbits, one interesting, one not:

1) Weber wore this today at The Opening:

[image]http://i.imgur.com/bGRoGZi.jpg[/image]

(That's Darrin Kirkland next to him.)

2) MSU just landed 4* top 100 RB Larry Scott out of Ohio. Could help Michigan gain an edge with Weber.
  • From my sources who watch high school ball around the area, Scott is not that good and an overrated back.

These are the same sources that told me Billy Price was overrated as a DT and was headed to the Oline at some point in his college career.

• From my sources who watch high school ball around the area, Scott is not that good and an overrated back.

That means he'll be an All-American at M$U...lol

Go Blue!!
  • ecembrew1 wrote:

so is Harris gone 

Faster than sh*t through a goose...

Go Blue!!
  • Harris has been hanging out with osu recruit Hilliard from what I've read
  • Harris is still visiting for the BBQ. Would not get my hopes up on him though.
  • WolvyMike wrote:

Harris has been hanging out with osu recruit Hilliard from what I've read

Harris has formed a close relationship with Hilliard and Cornell. The writing is on the wall...

Go Blue!!
  • WolvyMike wrote:

Harris has formed a close relationship with Hilliard and Cornell. The writing is on the wall...

Go Blue!!
    The relationship with Meyer is the bigger issue. Kid is star struck.
  • WolvyMike wrote:

Go Blue!!
    The relationship with Meyer is the bigger issue. Kid is star struck.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Go Blue!!
  • Visiting USC on Tuesday according to Tom VH. Weird.
  • And he may miss the BBQ because his visit to USC begins on Wednesday and lasts until Sunday.

There's something weird going on here.
  • If he misses and Harris is still there I guess that's ok. If they both no show, I'll worry.

The momentum we had after last years UTL seems like decades ago.

• If he misses and Harris is still there I guess that's ok. If they both no show, I'll worry.

The momentum we had after last years UTL seems like decades ago.

Harris will be in Columbus on Friday and Saturday. Wouldn't shock me if he never makes it up to Ann Arbor.

• Very positive updates...haha

Go Blue!!
  • I think people are freaking out over Weber for nothing. He's not going to learn anything at the BBQ about Michigan he didn't already know, he's visited A2 more than any other uncommitted prospect over the last 6-8 months.

Doesn't mean he`ll end up at Michigan, but missing the BBQ isn't some harbinger of death IMO. He`ll have plenty of other opportunities to visit Michigan.
  • Weber is just like a lot of CT kids, knows Michigan, loves the team, wants to see other schools to compare. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes we lose a few, but these kids know Michigan like the back of their hand.

• I think people are freaking out over Weber for nothing. He's not going to learn anything at the BBQ about Michigan he didn't already know, he's visited A2 more than any other uncommitted prospect over the last 6-8 months.

Doesn't mean he`ll end up at Michigan, but missing the BBQ isn't some harbinger of death IMO. He`ll have plenty of other opportunities to visit Michigan.

I agree completely with this. I also think worrying about what Harris is going to do is a waste of time. He's not coming to Michigan.

I'm more concerned that Ty Isaac is still at home in Joilet taking online courses from USC and classes at a local Juco (per Sam Webb). They must be completed before he'll be allowed to enroll at UM. That, to me, sounds sketchy as hell. UM's Office of Admissions hasn't been kind in the recent past to players/recruits who have used online and Juco courses.
  • Who was the last Cass Tech kid who was any good?

I’m sure there is one or more at M$U they turned into a solid player…we seem to get their 5 star kids and they all end up blowing dead bears.

I'm not losing any sleep over these kids...

Go Blue!!

I’m sure there is one or more at M$U they turned into a solid player…we seem to get their 5 star kids and they all end up blowing dead bears.

Go Blue!!
    The next Cass kid we have that becomes a star will be the first.

Our best to date is probably Thomas Gordon.

Go Blue!!
    The next Cass kid we have that becomes a star will be the first.

Our best to date is probably Thomas Gordon.

I'm jumping aboard your bandwagon that we need to start investing more resources into mining the southeastern states like Florida and Georgia for under the radar recruits. I'm glad that we've begun to do that in Virginia and the Carolinas.
  • McMurtry1 wrote:
    I'm more concerned that Ty Isaac is still at home in Joilet taking online courses from USC and classes at a local Juco (per Sam Webb). They must be completed before he'll be allowed to enroll at UM. That, to me, sounds sketchy as hell. UM's Office of Admissions hasn't been kind in the recent past to players/recruits who have used online and Juco courses.

Minnesota’s big time RB commit this year is also taking online/juco classes etc…as of right now he’s ineligible and either needs to sit out an entire year or go juco to get his grades up before coming back to the Gophers…

Go Blue!!
  • McMurtry1 wrote:

Minnesota’s big time RB commit this year is also taking online/juco classes etc…as of right now he’s ineligible and either needs to sit out an entire year or go juco to get his grades up before coming back to the Gophers…

Go Blue!!

Yep. The big difference here though is that Jones has already been ruled academically ineligible. He must go to a Juco for a couple of years. Isaac was a good student in high school and fully qualified. The fact that he couldn't enroll at UM in late June for summer classes must mean that he was taking courses at USC that UM Admissions wouldn't recognize.
  • McMurtry1 wrote:
    McMurtry1 wrote:

Go Blue!!

Yep. The big difference here though is that Jones has already been ruled academically ineligible. He must go to a Juco for a couple of years. Isaac was a good student in high school and fully qualified. The fact that he couldn't enroll at UM in late June for summer classes must mean that he was taking courses at USC that UM Admissions wouldn't recognize.

Sh*t like that gets overlooked in the SEC….hell, most other DI schools who have a football team with a heartbeat make it work.

Go Blue!!

Go Blue!!

Finally someone said it.  Thank you!  
  • Cass Tech pipe line has given Michgian....

None

David Dawson- Too soon to say
    Delano Hill- Too soon to say, in the mix
    Jourdan Lewis- Too soon to say, in the mix

RJS-Has been a career backup
    Terry Richardson-Buried on depth chart

Delonte Hollowell- Career backup

None

Will Campbell-Career backup until senior year, average
    Thomas Gordon- Started 38 games, productive but unspectacular
    Teric Jones- Career ending injury, buried on depth chart

Boubacar Cissoko- Thug Life!

• Now make a list of Cass kids that went elsewhere and shined. Barksdale and Gholston come to mind. 
  • That's a bit harder to track, Cass doesn't produce THAT many D1 kids to begin with. The majority if D1 worthy kids from Cass have come to Michigan.

Gholston - OSU - Star
    Allen Langford - Wisconsin - Star
    Cortez Smith - Indiana - Backup, kicked out
    Barksdale - LSU - 3 year starter
    Daniel Easterly - Missouri - Backup
    Dior Mathis - Oregon - Backup
    Kenny Nelson - Illinois - Backup
    Ruben Lile - Iowa - Too soon to say, in the mix
    Laron Taylor - Iowa - Buried

Needless to say, the tract record for Cass kids isn't very good no matter where they end up. There are 3 bonafide stars out of 15- 20 players spanning roughly 10 years.

There still hope for some of the 2012 and 2013 kids. RJS, Hill, Lewis, and Dawson have all had positive reviews as of late. Still unproven though which you don't like considering some are upcoming juniors.