UMGOBLUE.COM

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

UMGOBLUE.COM

More lawsuits to follow?

[link]http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8373675[/link]

[quote]
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Nearly three months after Penn State said it wanted to settle "privately, expeditiously and fairly" with the boys Jerry Sandusky sexually abused, lawyers for the victims from his criminal case and other potential claimants say the school has not followed up with concrete action.

The attorneys told The Associated Press in recent days that they had very limited contact with the university and, if that continues, more lawsuits may follow the four now under way.

I believe there has been a window of opportunity, which is closing, despite enormous patience by the lawyers who represent the victims.  -- Attorney Tom Kline

"I believe there has been a window of opportunity, which is closing, despite enormous patience by the lawyers who represent the victims," said Philadelphia attorney Tom Kline, who represents a young man who testified during Sandusky's criminal trial he was fondled in a school shower in 2001.

Kline and the other lawyers told the AP that they will not wait indefinitely for the university to propose a settlement process stemming from Sandusky's conviction in June on 45 counts of sexual abuse of 10 boys. The former assistant football coach awaits sentencing and will likely spend the rest of his life behind bars. [/quote]

Go Blue!!

Comments

• [link]http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8373675[/link]
    STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Nearly three months after Penn State said it wanted to settle "privately, expeditiously and fairly" with the boys Jerry Sandusky sexually abused, lawyers for the victims from his criminal case and other potential claimants say the school has not followed up with concrete action.

The attorneys told The Associated Press in recent days that they had very limited contact with the university and, if that continues, more lawsuits may follow the four now under way.

I believe there has been a window of opportunity, which is closing, despite enormous patience by the lawyers who represent the victims. -- Attorney Tom Kline

"I believe there has been a window of opportunity, which is closing, despite enormous patience by the lawyers who represent the victims," said Philadelphia attorney Tom Kline, who represents a young man who testified during Sandusky's criminal trial he was fondled in a school shower in 2001.

Kline and the other lawyers told the AP that they will not wait indefinitely for the university to propose a settlement process stemming from Sandusky's conviction in June on 45 counts of sexual abuse of 10 boys. The former assistant football coach awaits sentencing and will likely spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Go Blue!!