UMGOBLUE.COM

Lions still waiting for RB Jahvid Best to be OK'd for contact From The Detroit News: http

Best will never play a complete season IMO. He's got  porcelain for bones.
 
[link=http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120726/SPORTS0101/207260453/Lions-still-waiting-RB-Jahvid-Best-OK-d-contact?odyssey=mod]http://www.detroitnews.co...-d-contact?odyssey=mod[/link]|newswell|text|Sports|p

Comments

  • I'm convinced that nobody with a concussion will ever play a complete season again...

    Go Lions!!
  • Nope, I have a feeling he's done for his career.  If not today, he's one hit away in his first game.  It's too bad-he's an exciting player to watch.
  • Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best, who has not played since suffering another concussion last October, likely will start this season on the physically unable to perform list and miss at least the first six games, according to a source familiar with the situation.

    Doctors still have not cleared Best to play, a surprise to some Lions officials but evidence of how carefully Detroit is bringing him along.

    The 23-year-old Best and the Lions have received different opinions from different doctors, but the team does not want to rush him back to action. Best suffered at least two concussions last year, one in the preseason and another against the San Francisco 49ers on Oct. 16.

    Best also suffered at least one significant concussion during his last college season at California, and some NFL teams took the running back off their draft board due to concerns about his brain injury.

    The Lions also will be without running back Mikel Leshoure, who has been suspended the first two games for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. Leshoure returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of training camp to recover from a right hamstring injury.

    Detroit drafted Leshoure in the second round last year out of Illinois, but he hasn't played a down for the Lions. He missed all of his rookie season last year with a torn left Achilles tendon.

    I'll go out on a limb and say he misses the entire season...

    Go Lions!'
  • [link]http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10366514[/link]
    Former Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best is suing the National Football League, helmet maker Riddell and Easton-Bell Sports over concussions, filing the lawsuit Tuesday afternoon in Wayne County Circuit Court.

    Best, who was a first-round draft pick for Detroit in 2010, is now out of the NFL after suffering multiple concussions with the Lions before being released in July 2013.

    The civil lawsuit can only seek monetary damages and at this point, Best's attorney, Bret Schnitzer, said he did not have a specific monetary damage being sought.

    "The purpose behind the lawsuit, there's a number of requests of release in the lawsuit," Schnitzer said. "One of them is to set up a medical fund for Mr. Best in order to deal with future medical conditions out of this concussion syndrome.

    "As I am sure you are probably aware through various media and the 'Frontline' program and so on, the brain injuries with concussion syndrome does not necessarily manifest itself completely immediately, as you can see from the other cases. Sometimes it is 10, 20 years where the brain injury process takes to develop and it's not necessarily going to show itself in a 24-, 25-year-old football player to the extent that it might 10, 15, 20 years down the road.

    "So one of the goals of the litigation is to protect Mr. Best down the road in terms of his medical condition and problems that he may have in the future."

    Schnitzer said after Best suffered two concussions as a running back at Cal, the NFL still allowed him to become a draft pick. Best's concussions came as the league was in the midst of changes in concussion protocol and policy, as well as how they were treating concussion syndrome cases.

    Best doesn't have a mind of his own to decide whether or not to play in the NFL? The NFL allowed him to be a draft pick...WTF!

    Go Blue!!
  • Don't the players have to submit for the draft? So if he was unfit, isn't that a personal choice?

    Absolutely, and he would have thrown a fit if the NFL declined his chance to get drafted and make all that money.

    Go Blue!!
Sign In or Register to comment.