Denard Robinson couldn't resist calling Michigan State 'little brother'

wolverinefanalways

• Total Posts : 3211
  • Reward points : 3545
Denard Robinson couldn't resist calling Michigan State 'little brother' Saturday, August 23, 2014 7:22 AM (permalink)
http://www.mlive.com/wolv...8/denard_robinson.html

DETROIT -- Denard Robinson just couldn’t help himself.
Back in his “second home” for an NFL preseason game against the Detroit Lions, the former Michigan quarterback and current Jacksonville Jaguars running back saw a lot of familiar faces, including those with microphones and notebooks.
Those doing the reporting couldn't resist either, they just didn't think he'd say it again.
“As a former Wolverine, how tough was it to see Michigan State win not only the Big Ten but the Rose Bowl?" Robinson was asked following the Jaguars 13-12 loss to the Lions Friday night. "That had to sting a little bit.”
"It did sting," Robinson answered. "But at the end of the day, the Big Ten won the Rose bowl. It was good that they won it, our little brothers won it, and pulled it out for the Big Ten."
Robinson chuckled as soon as the words left his mouth, seemingly taking the conversation lightly but still unable to resist the narrative.
"You know people are going to run with that, right?" Robinson was told.
"I mean, it’s the truth," he said. "I mean, when it was first said (by Mike Hart) it was the truth, and now it holds true."
Robinson was a factor for the Jaguars in multiple ways Friday night. While he has made the transition to running back this season, he also played on special teams and caught one pass on the final play of the game.
Despite one 12-yard carry out of the backfield, it was his play on special teams that caught the most attention, and not in the way one would think. He was consistently the first Jaguar down the field on punt coverage and tackled Lions return man Jeremy Ross in the first quarter.
"If they put me on special teams, whatever they tell me to do, I will go 100 percent," Robinson said. "Anything I do, I do to 100 percent. They put me out there and I’m going out there at 100 percent. I made a tackle and I made a little disruption on a kickoff.
"I think I’m getting the hang of things now (at running back). I still have a lot of things to work on. I feel like I’m gradually getting better and better. I got great coaches and great people around me to help me out. With those guys helping me, I’m being a sponge right now."
Robinson says he plans on being in Ann Arbor one week from today for Michigan's season opener versus Appalachian State.

Hardcore Michigan Fan. Always have been always will be.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message