Is P$U's James Franklin a dirty coach?

ScottsdaleBlue

• Total Posts : 17162
  • Reward points : 4261
Is P$U's James Franklin a dirty coach? Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:13 AM (permalink)
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=10858666

A new defense filing in the case involving rape charges against four former Vanderbilt players claims that current Penn State coach James Franklin contacted the alleged victim shortly after the incident.

It was part of an assertion that had Franklin denying he "did something wrong" later Tuesday night, after defense attorneys for Brandon Vandenburg -- one of four former Commodores charged with five counts of aggravated rape stemming from an alleged on-campus assault against a 21-year-old female student last June -- asked the court to dismiss the charges because the prosecution failed to preserve key evidence.

In the filing, the defense says Franklin and strength coach Dwight Galt -- who left Vandy for the same jobs at Penn State this winter -- talked to the alleged victim four days after the rape during a medical examination.

Franklin and Galt told the victim "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting," according to the filing. Later, the defense said, "Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get 15 pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."

"The allegations that I did something wrong are simply not true," Franklin said in a statement released by Penn State. "I have cooperated fully with the authorities in this matter but, out of respect for the legal process, I am not able to comment any further."

I believe there are other rumors about Franklin and his recruiting and coaching tactics too.

What say you?

Go Blue!!

Ohio St.'s actions are not unlike their lower intestine: stinky and loaded with danger.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message