2013 DB coaching, incompetant?

jsj_297

• Total Posts : 10207
  • Reward points : 4099
2013 DB coaching, incompetant? Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:46 PM (permalink)
"It's been much better as compared to the last few years because we actually get a lot more attention and as far as last year, we didn't," junior safety Jarrod Wilson said. "Coach Mallory had the corners and safeties, and for the most part, the safeties kind of got put to the back, to the side I believe. So it helps.

"Just our technique and fundamentals are a lot better. We hone in on them and we actually get the time to go in and watch the film and watch our mistakes to learn and get better."

Especially with so many young players seeing the field at cornerback in 2013 - true freshmen Jourdan Lewis and Channing Stribling consistently played - Mallory spent considerable time and effort with that group, the players said. And it was easy to do so considering he had a fifth-year senior, Thomas Gordon, anchoring the safeties.

With Mallory locked in on the safeties this year, those competitors feel their making dramatic strides.

"It's a big difference," sophomore Dymonte Thomas said. "When you made a mistake on the field, he was looking at the corners and the safeties and he could be talking to a corner and a safety messed up. I have a question on a play and he didn't see it, and the whole practice would go on and I'm making the same mistake.

Soooo......the safeties didn't get proper coaching, and didn't watch film? Nice sighhhhh

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message