Michigan Tight End Jake Butt Out Indefinitely with Torn ACL

Philc

• Total Posts : 6384
  • Reward points : 4023
Michigan Tight End Jake Butt Out Indefinitely with Torn ACL Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:21 AM (permalink)
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- University of Michigan football rising sophomore tight end Jake Butt (Columbus, Ohio/Pickerington North) is out indefinitely with a torn anterior cruciate ligament suffered in winter conditioning, the team announced today (Thursday, February 13).

Butt finished his freshman campaign with 20 catches for 235 yards and two touchdowns, third on the Wolverines in each category.  Butt had a season-best five catches for 85 yards and a touchdown against Ohio State.

"Jake's done a tremendous job since he's been here," said Michigan football head coach Brady Hoke. "He's worked extremely hard and gained a lot of weight to become the complete tight end he wants to be. I think he showed flashes of that towards the end of last season. This is a tough break, but because of his work ethic and attitude, the kind of young man he is, we know he will be back as soon as he can and as strong as ever."

Phil Callihan    Editor-in-Chief   UMGoBlue.COM

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages