This team not even as good as their record. 7-6? Lets look back, shall we?

jsj_297

• Total Posts : 8804
  • Reward points : 3684
This team not even as good as their record. 7-6? Lets look back, shall we? Sunday, December 29, 2013 12:33 PM (permalink)
Objectively with a touch of subjection...... Im trying to make the point of how our record makes us look better than we really are. Its kinda along the same line as a football game score of lets just say 35-14. You make look at that and say, "hey it was competitive for a while at least"......What it doesnt show is how it was 35-0 by the 3rd qtr and we only scored due to a complete defensive philosophical change into a prevent defense. So with that in mind, lets look back, shall we?

7-6 right?

Lets start with the schedule:
Aug. 31 Central Michigan W 59-9   Sep. 7 Notre Dame W 41-30 Notre Dame and CMU are both solid wins imo.
Sep. 14 Akron W 28-24      VERY LUCKY TO HAVE A WIN against both Akron and Uconn. (sad right?)
Minny, was a good win.
PSU is what Akron and Uconn shouldve been.
Indiana is a win, but ugly.
Moo u, dominated us again.
NW, another VERY LUCKY WIN, right up there with Uconn and Akron.
Iowa, a loss is a loss, I guess.
Ohio, best game played all season, but a loss.
KSU, a Joke of a game and loss
Sep. 21 at Connecticut W 24-21   Oct. 5 Minnesota W 42-13   Oct. 12 at Penn State L 40-43   Oct. 19 Indiana W 63-47   Nov. 2 at Michigan State L 6-29   Nov. 9 Nebraska L 13-17   Nov. 16 at Northwestern W 27-19   Nov. 23 at Iowa L 21-24   Nov. 30 Ohio State L 41-42   Dec. 28 at Kansas State L 14-31  

There are 3 games, that came down to an absolute Miracle to win, and had ZERO to do with our "coaches" overcoming odds by ANY measure imo.

4-8 was a REAL possibility this season, of course, leaving us non bow eligible for our 9th loss....

Let that 4-8 number really stick in your brain, because its 100% LUCK that we arent!

That K state game solidified in me 100% that we are in the wrong direction. If hoke cant cut ties and try to change something, im completely off board his bandwagon. He is in RR situation as far as I am concerned, and dont expect a single pass from me from now on, he will be called out for EVERY single lapse, whether Al or Gmatt is to blame. This is all on him now.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message