"This is Michigan" isn't really putting butts in the seats these days. When osu overtakes us in season attendance, this season, they'll wish they had done something to counteract the terrible schedule.
take it easy with the hyperbole. michigan stadium STILL puts in 107K+ for EVERY game, as well as set the single game record. . . wait for it. . . THIS PAST YEAR against ND. as much as I and a bunch of UM fans don't really like all the bells and whistles that brandon is employing, facts are facts. UM football is and will remain a relatively hot ticket for years to come, barring SEVERAL consecutive catastrophic seasons
Here's some things that aren't hyperbole:
- Michigan's waiting list for season tickets just 6 seasons ago was decades long. That waiting list now? Zero.
- As explained in a previous thread, the cost for me to attend the exact same Ohio State game in 2013 was over 500% more than in 1995.
- This season's schedule is doing the attendance figures no favors.
- Promises were made to end zone season ticket holders that no seat licenses would have to be paid. Last year, all end zone season ticket holders got hit with seat license fees.
- I have never received the blast of e-mails in the past 6 months like I have this season. Family packs with hot dogs and T-shirts, offers for ADDITIONAL season tickets, mini-season packages, fireworks, etc.... all tactics to sell tickets when you can't
I've said it before- something is going to start hitting the fan if this keeps up, but DB has priced the average Joe out of the football experience and turned this into a corporate money grabbing operation; and it's hurting at the gate. I think it's going to take a game with attendance below 100,000 before something really happens, and if you can't see the way this is trending, then you're not looking closely enough.