There are 5 sure wins on the schedule in 2014: AppySt
- lighting ain't striking twice Miami
- even RR could beat Miami Rutgers
- given the current staff track's record on the road, this one should probably be a toss-up, but I'm confident Blue cruise Indiana
- worse beating than last year Maryland
- the 2 new teams should be penciled in as Ws every time they're on the schedule
Then there are 5 games that could go either way (in order of certainty) Northwestern
- road game again, almost lost last season with terrible offensive showing in regulation Utah
- only won 5 games last year, but have won in the Big House before and beat Stanford last year. Minnesota
- game was a lot closer than the score last season as Michigan got all the breaks. Won 4 straight after last year's loss. PennSt
- should've won last year in Happy Valley, but managed to repeatedly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. After owning them during LC's tenure, UM's lost 4 straight in the series. Notre Dame
- rivalry game on the road is kryptonite to Hoke. Would be nice to get the win, but doubt it.
Two games that this team needs to win, but probably won't. Sparty
- will need to score a couple TDs to win this game, and haven't done that since 2011. Haven't won in EL since 2007. tOSU
- probably a better chance of beating them than Sparty, but still doubtful. A lot can happen over the course of a season, so we'll see.
5 Sure wins
+3 toss-up wins (probably NW, Minny, and Utah)
Bowl game is unknown, but this team has not been good in bowl games under Hoke, so it's probably a stretch to assume a win.
7 wins = another disappointment
8 wins = pretty much winning every game they should without beating anyone they shouldn't
9 wins = team is improving and beat absolutely every team they should
10 wins = either beat ND (yay) or won the bowl game
11+ wins = a relative success--with a bowl win--even though they lost to Sparty and tOSU AGAIN.
P.S. It's May fer chrissakes, so who knows, but it was fun coming up with that list.